Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So how was your 2019? Mine wasn't great but this year is a new year and hopefully it'll be fantastic. I'm not optimistic this being a Presidential year...but at least we'll have some games. January is always slow so not much this month but still a few things I think the thread will be excited about. Then later in the year we have things like FF7 Remake, Last of Us 2, Nioh 2, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil 3 and Cyberpunk, plus two new consoles probably. But that's the future, what do we have this month?

Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Switch) – January 3 (EU)
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion (PC) – January 9
The Blind Prophet (PC) – January 10
Atelier Dusk Trilogy Deluxe Pack (PC, PS4, Switch) – January 14
Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Encore (Switch) – January 17
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – January 17
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – January 21
Moons of Madness (PS4, Xbox One) – January 21
Kingdom Hearts 3: Re Mind DLC (PS4, Xbox One) – January 23/25
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch, Android, iOS) – January 23
Journey to the Savage Planet (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – January 28
Warcraft 3: Reforged (PC) – January 28
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (PS4, Xbox One) – January 28
Through the Darkest of Times (PC) – January 30
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (PC) – January
Uragun – Steam Early Access (PC) – January
Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – January

So everyone have a good year and be good to each other and hopefully we can all get to the other side of 2020 ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
posting from 2019

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

posting from 2019

Mods?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

congratulations to relax or die, winner of the 2019 contest that will not be named (at least as far as people that consented)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

congratulations to relax or die, winner of the 2019 contest that will not be named (at least as far as people that consented)

I'm going to have to get a new name and av to escape this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

a good thread for the start of an impossible to predict year!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

posting from 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

New decade, new thread. Hail Satan, happy New year, everyone. Game on.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This Year in the Falloutverse: 2020
- The Delta IX rocket is commissioned by the United States Space Agency

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheShiningDown/status/1212216796700430336

Anyone still playing this game deserves it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Yakuza is gonna be my first game of the year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2k has y2k'd itself

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

wuggles posted:

I thought this said fist game and was nodding in agreement

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whoever said Grandia 1 has a brisk pace cant be far into it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Whoever said Grandia 1 has a brisk pace cant be far into it.

I just stopped the wedding

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I just stopped the wedding

Oh, haha. Youve, oh youve got such a long way to go.

Also if you havent already dont get any magic eggs to Sue and look up who your final party is because you get 0 compensation for burning permanent resources on temporary party members

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Oh, haha. Youve, oh youve got such a long way to go.

Also if you havent already dont get any magic eggs to Sue and look up who your final party is because you get 0 compensation for burning permanent resources on temporary party members

iirc you get enough eggs for everyone anyways

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why would they make a game with 2020 in the title crash in 2020?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im actually going to post in this chat thread this time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why would they make a game with 2020 in the title crash in 2020?
gotta buy 2021

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Khanstant posted:

I wish there was a good Gunbound. They are apparently making a Gunbound 2 and it looks really bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQDsdKWkk8
Obviously a mobile version would be an IAP hell and all, but even for that this just looks bad. Gunbound had a pretty distinctive art style, it was also already perfect for visual clarity at mobile sizes. Big chunky shapes, distinct edges, the iconic googly-eye. This looks like Ragnarok Online or Maple Story fanart or some poo poo. Did anyone ever invent a Gunbound that wasn't born holding hands with a terrible business model? I know Worms exists, but never felt quite the same. Plus theres like a million of em and they vary in quality widly

I thought there was a third-party old school Gunbound server out there? But I don't remember if it's just pre-cash shop outright or they did something else with that stuff.

Khanstant posted:

I think it was the first game I encountered what evolved into today's IAP mtx hell. Back then I hated myself for even thinking about buying their coins or whatever to get the cool ships and clothes. Just a bummer because there was a time where it didn't have all that poo poo, you just got in game, hit random hoping you'd get the dragon or knight, and ya would start blastin. Just for the fun of it!

You better believe I was a dumbass kid who blew what, $10? on getting that phoenix to complete my stat spread. Though I at least had enough self-respect to build unique fashion ensembles that also had decent stats...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Axelblaze you could have left it in 2019 but you didn't and i'm disappointed in you

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

wuggles posted:

I should do likewise. Everyone should.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I thought Crystal Chronicles got delayed?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanna buy
Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Encore
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition

Good month for Switch games.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hello folks! We're well into DecemberTHE NEW YEAR 2020, which means its time for the GAME OF THE YEAR ROUNDUP

IGN's Game of the Year - Winner : Control
Giant Bomb - Winner : Outer Wilds
Something Awful Game of the Year - voting closed results soon!
Polygon Game of the Year - Winner : Outer Wilds
Gamespot Game of the Year - Winner : Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Keeleys - Winner : Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
4chan's VGAs - currently voting on awards / award names, still
Waypoint - Uhh Patrick Klepek : Ring Fit, Rob Zachney : Eliza, Austin Walker : Outer Wilds

Thats it we did it

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Does Tokyo Mirage Encore add much? It's one of the final three Wii U games I've still got kicking around

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

Does Tokyo Mirage Encore add much? It's one of the final three Wii U games I've still got kicking around

A few background characters become playable I think. We probably won't get a full list of upgrades until release but there's a decent number of smaller things too iirc

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

There's some things but I think the main addition is "playable on a console owned by more than a few dozen people".

It's a very old and overdone complain but I'm still disappointed we didn't get a more SMT and FE style game, like a post-apocylptic FE-style game that has demon recruitment.

May 8, 2006

Noted, thanks. Might pick it up at some point

Also, Happy New Year from God's time zone Chat thread. Please enjoy the subject line of the first email I received in 2020:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

First video game of 2020 is Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Edition for Switch. This is one of my favorite video games of all time.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

im actually going to post in this chat thread this time

more people should post in this thread. It’s good.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Looked it up - Crystal Chronicles was delayed to Summer 2020.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is google pay considered a reputable way to pay a remote employee their paycheck and, if it is, what is a good way to reassure someone that it is a completely 100% fine way that is not going to get them into trouble with the IRS?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A list of ways in which I have grown and improved as a person in the last decade:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Happy New Year hopefully we do better this time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I thought there was a third-party old school Gunbound server out there? But I don't remember if it's just pre-cash shop outright or they did something else with that stuff.

You better believe I was a dumbass kid who blew what, $10? on getting that phoenix to complete my stat spread. Though I at least had enough self-respect to build unique fashion ensembles that also had decent stats...

I did a looot of window dressup in that game. They knew what they were doing, let me preview how cool I'd look if I had this or that, while never letting me forget I couldn't afford it. I remember trying to find some trainer or hack to get me the items anyway haha

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bowsette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
2020 is cool because I finished this drawing last hours of 2019 to get it off my plate. I now only have one years old drawing to fill. here's the corner of it