Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I played about 70 hours a week of video games in 2019. Let's see if I can beat that in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shadow tactics loving owns

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Hello and Happy New Year! Posting from my hotel bathroom to say that I just experienced a stellar Jewish wedding (my first) that has a bunch of money thrown into it and involved fireworks at midnight. There were some tragedies, like the bride's mother being taken to the ER and the engagement rings going MIA but the important thing is that there was a video game room set up for the kids and I absolutely demolished a group of 10 year olds in a game of Smash Bros with my murderous Little Mac. I trounced those anonymous children like Mike Tyson against a bunch of feather weights and then left, not willing to gloat to their cherubic faces.

2019 was very good for me on some ways and fairly bad for me on others. I'm ready for a new year to take it's place and try for a better W/L rating in 2020.

I think you are all wonderful people and look forward to reading and sharing thoughts with you all in 2010

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Real hurthling! posted:

shadow tactics loving owns

Yeah dude, it loving rules

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Losing chaste gamer points, friend

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

Noted, thanks. Might pick it up at some point

Also, Happy New Year from God's time zone Chat thread. Please enjoy the subject line of the first email I received in 2020:

happy birthday!

(i also still get these emails every year :allears: )

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
thanks! i applied to a wow clan back in vanilla, and they did not accept me but i got happy birthday emails from their forums for years. i was legit kinda sad when they stopped coming.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
B has come to

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I'm gonna play so many video games this year

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gonna try and play more games a fair amount instead of letting poo poo sit on my backlog barely played. Starting with Warframe and Hypnospace.

Also gonna try and get back into hiking and taking photos. Like these ones I used to take

A Sometimes Food posted:

Some kind of katydid? In western Perth, Australia.

Some kind of jewel beetle near Albany, Western Australia.

Australian pitcher plant, some swamps a ways north of the previous pic.

Big ole boss roo chilling above some sea cliffs.

Also this is an amazing thread that inspired the resolution.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FirstAidKite posted:

Is google pay considered a reputable way to pay a remote employee their paycheck and, if it is, what is a good way to reassure someone that it is a completely 100% fine way that is not going to get them into trouble with the IRS?

If the person has a bank account why aren’t they just doing direct deposit? Even a 1099 employee should be able to just get a wire instead of using some 3rd party service.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

iirc you get enough eggs for everyone anyways

You do, but most of them are permanently missable and quite easy to do so at that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not happy with the progress we made in the last decade. Did anyone remember to take a save state of 2010 so we can get a redo?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I think mine is in my old computer that I accidentally left under an open window and it rained. This is a real thing that me, a grown rear end adult, did.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mass Effect 2 is almost 10 guddamn years old, yeesh!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

new av whos this

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think mine is in my old computer that I accidentally left under an open window and it rained. This is a real thing that me, a grown rear end adult, did.

I did this once but it snowed, fortunately my computer at the time was this :pcgaming: rig I built in college with ridic airflow so the snow blew through before it could melt.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I'm in bed with what seems to be a stress headache? Anyone ever had one of these, it's horrible and my eyes and ears hurt :(

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you know what's even better than fireworks

sleeping :corsair:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
You know what's even better than sleeping

Death

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Khanstant posted:

2020 is cool because I finished this drawing last hours of 2019 to get it off my plate. I now only have one years old drawing to fill. here's the corner of it

i recognize kc green's melting question hound and pepe but what are the other memes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My first video game of the new year was Dicey Dungeons because I cannot get enough of the soundtrack.
Also I am very bad at it and cannot get past the second level when you get the thief for the first time.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Convex posted:

You know what's even better than sleeping

Death

:hmmyes:

ai girlfriend
Jan 1, 2020

Going to hibernate until animal crossing comes out

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Happy new year everybody. Let's all play games and be excellent to each other in 2020.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
These polls get ever more ridiculous. The only choice a gamer needs to make is:

A) Laugh and grow fat

or

B) Suffer, like G did

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the beginning of this glorious new decade I am going to start playing Final Fantasy XIV

oh god

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

On the beginning of this glorious new decade I am going to start playing Final Fantasy XIV

oh god

Welcome

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ChickenMedium posted:

These polls get ever more ridiculous.

I am just happy to be nominated.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Happy new Animal Crossing year

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
When I didn't have polls people complained and I have more fun doing polls than not doing polls so they stay until I hear a good reason to stop doing them. I will keep putting the option to let you tell me how much you hate them though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy New Year

Square release the FF7 demo, cowards

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The Firemen was a fantastic game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
btw, game of the decade was Bloodborne, in case anyone was wondering.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i bounced off of bloodborne really badly because i'm one of those people who is incredibly sensitive to framerate and also i'm very bad at soulsbornes but i wanted to like it so much. any time anyone talks about it I want to try it again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

axelblaze posted:

btw, game of the decade was Bloodborne, in case anyone was wondering.

I'm checking the records and it just says YAKUZA in big letters with a small note below mentioning botw and ghost trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axelblaze posted:

When I didn't have polls people complained and I have more fun doing polls than not doing polls so they stay until I hear a good reason to stop doing them. I will keep putting the option to let you tell me how much you hate them though.

they make every new page annoying