Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

After seven years and multiple people from the forums offering hundreds of dollars for the unedited footage the Ulillillia documentary has been released for free on YouTube. Uli is a pretty different guy now than he was when the documentary was made (he has a job, a car, lives in Florida etc.) so this point in his life is a weird and interesting time to look back on. Hard to believe it's been almost twenty years since SA discovered him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLJEIrfx9U

quote:

The full unreleased director's cut of The Platform Master. This is the only official edit of the film ever made. Completed in 2012 and shelved until now, 7 years later, finally yours to watch for free. Happy New Year!

As 2019 comes to an end, we realize that this film has been hanging in limbo for the better part of a decade, and our wish to re-edit and release this film the way we originally aspired to will never come true. So, lately, we thought the film should at least be released in the same decade that it was started in. Here now is the original director's cut of The Platform Master, exactly as it was in 2012 before we pushed paused on releasing it. The film is yours now, Internet, thank you for being patient while we got our act together and figured out what to do with it.

We held the film back all those years ago because we were afraid that many people wouldn't like it. In the years since we've learned that there is something for everybody on the Internet, so hopefully there's an audience that likes this film.

No one paid us to do this film, no one invested in this film, no one crowdfunded this film... this was entirely a labour of love project by some college friends who really like Ulillillia.
By releasing the film free online, no one is out any money for this film, it's your's to watch and redistribute and do with whatever you'd like.

This director's cut is a picture-lock edit of the film and is not a fine cut, so there is no audio mastering, colour grading, or other fine-tuning that are customary to an indie documentary today.

Keep an eye on our page, there's a lot more to come. We are going to release an alternate edit that one of the producer's was working on, and eventually, the raw footage. All to come in 2020.

Best,
Everything Works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
this is surreal

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

His parents seem nice.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I don't know anything about Ulillillia other than people are obsessed with him because....? And he hosed his sister??

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
hahaha what, cmon, it's too early in the year for pranks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm glad ulililia is doing well and is happy

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Me too. He's genuinely a cool guy, I'm really glad he's moving up in life, wish him the best

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Super glad he seems to be doing well and....

overmind2000 posted:

lives in Florida

oop welp. got to start somewhere

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Florida is significantly better than Duluth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lol no it loving ain't

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Lol no it loving ain't

You got me there, I was talking out of my rear end being European

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

wrong thread?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wamdoodle posted:

Super glad he seems to be doing well and....

oop welp. got to start somewhere

His main reason for moving there is that he can swim and kayak in the Gulf of Mexico whenever he wants. Mostly Kayaking, though I don't think he's done that in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBVqm6quRg0

Normally that would have been on his YouTube channel but he deleted it a long time ago and has been posting videos to Facebook. Fortunately the archive channel exists although a lot of his original videos have been lost. Most of the new content is him playing ancient DOS games, footage from his recent trips, and other stuff like a live reading of his latest book and the video I shot of him giving a long demonstration on how to degrease a pizza.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 1, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Miserable Maid posted:

Me too. He's genuinely a cool guy, I'm really glad he's moving up in life, wish him the best

He is able to do things most goons only dream of, still

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Remember that goon who wanted to brutally murder Ulilliilla, and that other goon who went on a date with him.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
So, the guy was an internet nerd so bad that other internet nerds made a documentary about him? Is he the same guy as chris chan or are they different people?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Vim Fuego posted:

So, the guy was an internet nerd so bad that other internet nerds made a documentary about him? Is he the same guy as chris chan or are they different people?

Different people, Ulillillia is benign and unlike Chris-chan people like him.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I own his book

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JK Fresco posted:

I own his book

The first one or the second one

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I do not understand why people are obsessed with this random guy.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

i must compose posted:

Outsider art and he's a nice guy who despite all his problems tried and in the end, got better. He's a feelgood autism/ocd/blue water success story

Also he was mentally ill in Duluth with his very old parents who basically hid him away instead of getting him help

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mallratcal posted:

I don't know anything about Ulillillia other than people are obsessed with him because....? And he hosed his sister??

Google?

i must compose posted:

You shouldnt worry about this thread then.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's really cool to have seen his progression. Dude's living his life the way he wants and seems happy which I envy

His Windows colour scheme is still hosed though

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Uli is a genuinely nice guy, friendly to pretty much anyone. He will block people on Facebook if you use too much profanity, I have never seen Uli himself use profanity which is pretty impressive. Uli also doesn't play violent video games, he doesn't play anything mature rated, it's rare to find someone as innocent as Uli.

But it is true that he shot hot loads of gooey love from his love cannon all over his sister Cake-killa.

I look forward to seeing Uli upgrade to Windows 10, considering he went through a lot of work to "debloat" Windows 7 (made it look like win 9x) the transition to 10 is going to be interesting.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i missed the Ulillillia train too, but this youtube is a good lil summary. he's the feelgood version of chris chan. a chris chad, if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-79yOZ13qg

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

JK Fresco posted:

I own his book

I got a signed copy of plarform masters and Uli emailed me before and after sending it to check that I got it and enjoyed it 🙂

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Goons creepily stalking a mentally ill man, what's new

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. This movie never looked like it was going to be very good but I'm still so happy to see it finally released.

Ulillillia always has seemed like he was a good person doing more within his limitations than I think most people accomplish without those limitations. I know it always seems like making fun of the mentally handicapped man but I just find him interesting and it makes me happy that he's doing well.

Also I lost my signed copy of Platform Masters in a fire. :(

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zSdApv4Nw

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Good job Nick, you live better than a lot of goons now

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

it's super impressive how he basically built himself a functioning life in the past few years -- a lot of his issues came from being trapped in loving minot, north dakota. he got a job, taught himself how to drive, bought a car, then moved to Florida by himself.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

it's super impressive how he basically built himself a functioning life in the past few years -- a lot of his issues came from being trapped in loving minot, north dakota. he got a job, taught himself how to drive, bought a car, then moved to Florida by himself.

Oh right it was Minot, not Duluth

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

He's also a diehard Bernie bro now

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

He's also a diehard Bernie bro now

he's gonna be bernie's VP i heard

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This is a Slint album cover.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
beautiful house

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This is a Slint album cover.

slint actually stole the idea for their famous album cover from Uli

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I just watched the whole thing, thanks for posting it because it was really interesting. Ulillillia and his family seem like very nice people and the flood is a good backdrop to his life since he's completely isolated from its effects while a lot of people's lives are devastated by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Oddly heartwarming. It's good to see his story turned out alright, it wasn't looking great there for several years.