Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«258 »
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

me irl

In today's Corto Maltese: Klingsor, you should at least wait til the second date before getting so serious, or 'Get thee behind me, Satan' - Corto, or Corto cares not for this Greek Swiss chorus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing scarier than an artillery barrage -- Am I right?

btw, did you notice?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Round and round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows.

The most jarring thing about new Heart, to me, is how much like a standard-issue webcomic it looks. Other newer comics, even ones whose creators emerged from the deep morass of the internet, definitely look like they're more of the page than the post. Regardless of anything else that just makes it feel WEIRD. The future creeps up on us all.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

me irl

Discendo Vox posted:

btw, did you notice?

Hah, that's very clever.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 8, 2016

Bloom County
September 28th & 29th, 1981

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

There were...
ABSOLUTELY NO CONSEQUENCES.

Bad Machinery

It's interesting to see the subtle differences between the first half of the strip and the second half that Allison created for publication.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Man in Black

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/26/00

Brenda Starr 12/29/40

I'll have to remember that pickup technique. "Hi, I'm lonely, can I kiss you?"

The ski resort at Sun Valley was brand new in 1940, having opened at the end of 1936, and was already famous as a destination for celebrities, rich folks, and movie stars to meet and ski. No doubt that's what inspired Messick to send Brenda out there.

Smokey Stover 8/4/35

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 12/29/40
I realise that air travel has changed a lot, but if your flight leaves in 20 minutes and you're still at the club and haven't even called a taxi yet, I don't think you're going to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

«258 »