Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hello, I post translated Matthew Nekonaughey from mr. q-rais, who is kind of insanely prolific and has many other comics that occasionally get posted as well, and who last year drew the single greatest official Pokemon art.

I post new comics under the title Nekonaughey, but as there's no set schedule or anything and it's just whenever q-rais feels like doing one I also work my way through the back catalogue and post those as Classic Cats.

Classic Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stultus Maximus posted:

Why is this grown man hanging around unrelated fourth graders over holiday break?
The titular Frazz is a man in his mid-thirties who is so wealthy he need never work again but chooses to continue serving as a school janitor as it affords him regular interactions with pre-teens with whom he builds a relationship that continues outside of school hours yet somehow the comic continues as if this is extremely normal behaviour that doesn't warrant official intervention.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

By the same token Mother from Another Country is currently in its fourth season. Kakao has used some sort of technical wizardry so that even using shenanigans like disabling javascript or downloading the webpage directly won't provide me with images that can be edited and rehosted.
Oh man, they really locked things down.

That said, taking a quick look at it, if you open up the Developer Tools on your browser, and go to the Elements tab, there'll be the css rules on the right - find the one titled * and just edit it in a new rule that reads "pointer-events: all !important" then you can drag and drop the images onto the desktop. That said, all the images are called resource.jpg because of the way they're streamed, so it's still a real hassle.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

catlord posted:

Changing topics, I like this thread title but I wish we'd gotten more time with "WHEN A MAN'S CONSCIENCE IS GONE HIS SOUL IS DEAD." That was a fine title.
It's now enshrined in the OP forever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

Why doesn't Helen have any beverage? Not even water.

Edit: Oh she did in the original and I'm missing a joke.
She also has a suspicious stain on her dress :ssh:

i couldn't draw a tipped over wine glass adequately on this computer, I usually do my edits at work where I have better tools

Poil posted:

Nice. :golfclap:

I added what I think is more Ed-like demeanor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Rodney Thomson, who had a decades-long with Life.
this is so brutally naked that it's continued relevancy is not at all reassuring.

Classic Cat

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it :colbert:

Nekonaughey

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Who is Rudy even supposed to be talking to?
Did his girlfriend just turn around and say "Rudy, what the gently caress have we been doing here for the last couple of minutes with these hockey sticks attached to these drones above this ice? Is it some kind of drone lacrosse?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Transmodiar posted:

I want to read Dilbert and Pros and Cons. If someone wants to post them, they should be able to. Given the glut of comic strips here that are lovely for other various reasons - Luann, 9 Chickweed Lane, etc. - it's pointless to try and single something out. Just set the poster to ignore and move along.
i think the difference is that those other comics are lovely because they're not funny and poorly written and a bit weird. dilbert is lovely because its creator uses it as a mouthpiece for his regressive political views on the validity of other people's identities and value as human beings.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Transmodiar

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Dustin is lovely for very close to the same reason. One Big Happy and Luann have entire characters set up to be nothing but strawmen for the creators' backwards views. Pros and Cons, well. Not a week passes where a Foob strip isn't called out for featuring emotional child abuse.
For all their faults none of those have ever suggested that their broad targets, such as the young; the poor; the socially aware; or semi-autobiographical people from forty years ago, only exist as an untreated and indulged mental illness.

P&C does get close.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

riderchop posted:

:eng99:

why's the rabbit-masquerading-as-rat's daughter a skunk

because holbrook stinks

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

for real though, it's because after kevin's dad catfished her she married a skunk with twenty children from a previous marriage who then abandoned them along with her ~lol~

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Classic Cat

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Barnaby's lettering makes it look like a terrible webcomic from the 2000s.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh how I wish to return to our dear Comic Strip Megathread XVIII: Please refrain from erotic speculation about our characters

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

goatface posted:

Either that or he's going to do a rapid castration. Dog does refer to it as a bloke.
you castrate lambs with a rubber band, not a knife.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

the reason you use a rubber band is because if you just knife the balls the lamb will bleed out and die or get an infection and die. that lamb is being killed with that knife regardless of how wal uses it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Don’t school custodians normally custode when you know there aren’t kids around barring urgent incidents why is this creep always hanging around children

Ghostlight posted:

The titular Frazz is a man in his mid-thirties who is so wealthy he need never work again but chooses to continue serving as a school janitor as it affords him regular interactions with pre-teens with whom he builds a relationship that continues outside of school hours yet somehow the comic continues as if this is extremely normal behaviour that doesn't warrant official intervention.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Classic Cat

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lmbo at how poorly paid this failure of a lawyer is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

Does Bets dress up like his mom, is the real question.
gunther does

*your

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

amigolupus posted:

Now I'm imagining he has a clipart folder with eyes, noses and mouths that he recycles when making these huge close-ups.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It makes a lot more sense when you put it into its correct context of Reagan parroting a literal translation of a Russian proverb in an attempt to seem relatable to the Soviets during the Cold War.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Kennel posted:

1997 Viivi & Wagner

the pun in this is barely recognisable.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Kennel posted:

That great, because I have no idea what the original pun was supposed to be (other than "pig misunderstands a word").
"Skol" is a Swedish/Norwegian toast so he thinks the guy is telling him he has a drinking problem.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I absolutely loved Cats with the caveat that I saw it in a private screening with a bunch of people who were explicitly there to experience the movie as if it were a showing of The Room.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

BigDave posted:

It's been described as a bad acid trip, how far off am I?
It's visually incoherent with a plot that takes place almost entirely within incidental lines between songs about who the new cat on screen is and the word jellicle is somehow repeated so often it loses all meaning despite not having any to begin with and at some point your brain just starts blocking out all the lyrics in self-defense and you concentrate on just counting how many cats are wearing human shoes just to give life meaning but it didn't leave me paralysed in a chair suffering genuine fear that I might never be able to move again, if in fact I ever had because memories of life before the chair seemed so distant and indistinct now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I haven't had anything to post in a while so here's this, with a note that while Oz's title seems a little suspect I did triple-check that was more correct than not and then figured it was amusing enough not to editorialise.
Also, I expect to soon receive a package of a certain vintage New Zealand comic which I will endeavour to scan and post as quickly as I can.

Q-Rais

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

Once again, archive.org has it covered.

Bad Machinery: The Great Unboxing

https://web.archive.org/web/20180913152216/http://scarygoround.com/?date=20180409

Is that... lungs?
Those are patented Ayvad Water Wings!
https://hoboken.pastperfectonline.com/webobject/C2487597-6184-4403-B8F4-949320631349

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm
i know the joke is "5canine" but it took a while not to read it as "ska" and imagining he's just at the starting line skanking his little heart out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Crowetron posted:

I hope ol' Howard didn't name any of those kittens.
:lmao:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

[A kotatsu is essentially a heated coffee table blanket fort invented 700 years ago that somehow has not spread outside of Japan]

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nekonaughey

[A dorayaki is a dessert sandwich made of two sweet pancakes and red-bean paste filling.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons
in the entire posted catalogue of working daze there's never been a workplace assassination like this grassy knoll tinkersons.