Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

ok this is the year I keep this updated

1. resident evil 2 Claire B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

How was it?

Very good. People will say it’s dated, but I didn’t feel that at all.

But I’m someone who has nostalgia for this game.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
1. Remnant from the Ashes
2. Jedi: Fallen Order
3: DOOM Eternal
4. Dark Souls 3

1st two were very meh, last two were solid.

e: somehow forgot Control, which was very good. Felt more like a Jedi in Control than in Jedi:Fallen order

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 3, 2020

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FF7: Remake Playlog Complete. Finished with this game and it was so good. Dunno what to play now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

FF7: Remake Playlog Complete. Finished with this game and it was so good. Dunno what to play now.
Did you get the little crown?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Did you get the little crown?

Oh I didn't realise there was recognition for it.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

7. Picross S4

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Sayonara Wild Hearts, all songs Gold Rank

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Journey

A little pricey for a game I beat in less than two hours. Incredibly powerful though. Mad ups to internet Rando Descent for making it through the final section with me.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
20+ Ratchet Deadlocked (New Game Plus, All Mega Weapons, All Dread Challenges, Hero)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whys everyone playing Journey all th esudden.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

net cafe scandal posted:

There was a free download a couple months back.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

It looked good and was on sale.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Penultima. This NWN mod campaign holds up surprisingly well, only a few jokes are particularly out of date and it got quite a few chuckles out of me. Manages to put in some good visual humor too which is impressive in a game with potato graphics like NWN. The storyline is very fun as well, poking fun at fantasy and especially crpg conventions without feeling like it's elbowing you in the side too hard and taking any easy jokes and manages to make you care about the NPCs which gives it some real stakes by the end. The dungeon crawling is well made as well except for the final chapter which is way too padded with large encounters. Excited to play the sequel!

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

8. Panzer Dragoon: Remake

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ion fury

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ace Attorney

Forgot how much of a beast Rise from the Ashes is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Ace Attorney

Forgot how much of a beast Rise from the Ashes is.

The final cross examination is one of the best gaming moments of all time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ace Attorney ftw

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

clubhouse games (the ds one). i beat stamp mode. i was just playing to unlock shogi at first but this game is actually pretty sick so i finished it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ace Attorney ftw

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Mother

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Cubivore_ posted:

8. Panzer Dragoon: Remake

How is it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
[quote="ArfJason" post="506206059"]
1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell.
3) RE2
4) Arcane Dimensions
5) Megaman Zero
6) Doom 2016
7) Freedom Planet

8) yoku's island express (92%) gonna go for 100%, will probably have it in an hour or so. game is clever but due to being pinball theres very little freedom in mobility at times (you can tell some bumpers just set you on a predefined path despite your velocity/position on the bumper) and also since its pinball you have to wait a lot on every mistake, making some stuff a bit onerous. despite this its really great, and recommended. great artwork too, makes me think of a lower budget rayman origins/legends

e: 100%d it. some of those hidden collectables were a bit tricky. also i had to mash the noisemaker button a couple times to get the final achievement. overall good game.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 7, 2020

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Pedestrian

The last puzzle was so loving good that it makes the rest of the game look bad, what a unique problem to have.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Uncharted 3, Crushing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dusk. i saved this one for after ion fury for good reason, absolutely no ones surprise i love it. loving epic poo poo rocketing around tearing all these horrors a new one. i feel like i missed a bunch if the game as well because if i saw a sequence break i took it, its crazy how quake like many of the levels felt. this is what doom 4 should have been instead of a plodding arena shooter

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh also every single fps should have vertical flipping, what the gently caress

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell.
3) RE2
4) Arcane Dimensions
5) Megaman Zero
6) Doom 2016
7) Freedom Planet
8) Yoku's Island Express 100%

9) JUMPGRID: had this game in my sights for a while, cause cheap, and i like bright colors and the idea seemed neat. its super short, ovbiously, but also theres a couple stages that are a lot less about fast reactions than just memorizing the pattern, and its intentionally so. you can memorize movements on every stage if you want but theres some where you HAVE to follow the pattern, and some that just make you wait an eternity which blow balls. with a more strict filter on what stages make it in it could have been a much better experience but it would probably have lasted like 40 minutes if that. i dunno how far you can push the gameplay concept, but id like to see the guy making this give it a better more inventive try cause when it works its pretty nice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

dusk. i saved this one for after ion fury for good reason, absolutely no ones surprise i love it. loving epic poo poo rocketing around tearing all these horrors a new one. i feel like i missed a bunch if the game as well because if i saw a sequence break i took it, its crazy how quake like many of the levels felt. this is what doom 4 should have been instead of a plodding arena shooter

Dusk was sick. Have you played Amid Evil yet?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dusk was sick. Have you played Amid Evil yet?

i just started on it and im loving it so far, i'll reserve judgement until the end but i think i still prefer dusk even though this is clearly more refined in a lot of ways

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i miss sliding up to enemies to blast them with a super shotgun

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think I liked Amid Evil more because there's a little more variety in the levels and weapons... both it and Dusk are essential plays imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dusk feels better to play but something about the levels and overall aesthetic made me annoyed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah i started Amid Evil today too and while theres cool poo poo i like the movement a bit less, but my problem is that i am hardwired to love anything that moves like hl1 so if the game wont let me airstrafe like im used to i go ape

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think I liked Amid Evil more because there's a little more variety in the levels and weapons... both it and Dusk are essential plays imo

im a movement freak so thats basically whats tipping me over to dusk on this one. i was flying around the maps only staying in the ground to do power slides

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

yeah i started Amid Evil today too and while theres cool poo poo i like the movement a bit less, but my problem is that i am hardwired to love anything that moves like hl1 so if the game wont let me airstrafe like im used to i go ape

:hfive:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah dusk let you bunnyhop for insane speeds. i should bind jump to scrollwheel in amid and see if that does anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Uncharted 3, Crushing

Hell yeah brother. The cruise liner was so hard imo