Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest 1. I only picked it up because it was like $5 on Switch and I wanted to get all the references in Dragon Quest Builders, which I was enjoying a lot and is set in the same world. Didn’t really expect to be able to get into it, but I actually really loved it. All the fights are 1-on-1 which makes it pretty simple but in a relaxing sort of way, and because it’s so short every level-up and equipment upgrade has a really noticeable effect which is very satisfying. I think I’m going to make 2020 the year of Dragon Quest, I’ve owned 4, 11, and Builders for a while and bought 2, 3, and 8 recently, mostly because of how much I was enjoying 1, but this is the first one I’ve beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

tawal posted:

Picross 3D Round 2, all rainbow gems, no strikes

Nice. I went and got the first one after finishing Round 2. It's good too, but the hard puzzles get way harsher with the timer, and it's in your face about it. And some puzzles are locked behind getting good times. I don't know if I'll finish that one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

6a. Dual Destinies: Turnabout Reclaimed Special Episode. Extremely good poo poo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Dragon Quest 1. I only picked it up because it was like $5 on Switch and I wanted to get all the references in Dragon Quest Builders, which I was enjoying a lot and is set in the same world. Didn’t really expect to be able to get into it, but I actually really loved it. All the fights are 1-on-1 which makes it pretty simple but in a relaxing sort of way, and because it’s so short every level-up and equipment upgrade has a really noticeable effect which is very satisfying. I think I’m going to make 2020 the year of Dragon Quest, I’ve owned 4, 11, and Builders for a while and bought 2, 3, and 8 recently, mostly because of how much I was enjoying 1, but this is the first one I’ve beaten.

reading this, smiling, remembering my own Dragon Quest Summer. enjoy, gamer.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

3 is my favorite of the old dragon quests. I replayed it last year and still had a blast. Enjoy :cheers:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

4. Titanfall 2

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I played DQ 1 thru 6 on my phone and they were all delightful. Enjoy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

P-Mack posted:

I played DQ 1 thru 6 on my phone and they were all delightful. Enjoy.
Lyle post incoming in 3.... 2....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

7. Doom (Ultraviolence). Never played through the game on UV before and had a blast. I didnt play Thy Flesh Consumed

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Loved it, need to play Blind Forest again sometime.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
11. Risk of Rain (Loader, Rainstorm)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Animal Crossing New Horizons

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

:what:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Tales of Woe posted:

:blastu:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Guards! Take him away!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai

Very good game, an improvement over the original in nearly every way imo. Still wish it wasn't a loot game, but oh well. The DLC will rock my balls and taint.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Uncharted Drake’s Fortune - Crushing Beat it today. Never beaten it when I first played it on PS3, got stuck in the final chapter on the ship. Constantly breaking cover really sucked but most areas even when they were really hard eventually made sense and had a safe way to solve them. Much more excited to play 2 on Crushing. One of my favourite gaming experiences.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. Dark Souls III (All Bosses). My first time playing the DLCs, slave knight Gael is the coolest souls boss ever

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Picross S3

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Credits rolled but I’m just getting started.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Credits rolled but I’m just getting started.
Weird. Credits only roll during a KK performance and he only comes on Saturday nights...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

American McGay posted:

Weird. Credits only roll during a KK performance and he only comes on Saturday nights...

:staredog:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*adds Jake to the kill on sight list* Cool dude, glad you were somehow able to get KK to perform on a Thursday afternoon. That's really great.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I think KK holds a concert first before his Saturday performances. Maybe just pencil in Jake

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

The first one occurs as soon as you unlock it numbnuts. Glad to know that you’re looking up spoilers and ruining the game for everyone else. mayhaps Games is more your speed, hmm?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't look up anything some freak posted in wormskull's twitch chat 3 days after the game came out that they just saw the credits and wormskull barfed up his BBQ chicken calzone in disgust.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
12. Uncharted 4 (Main Story, Moderate)

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Doom Eternal on UV.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
And Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
Playing One Step from Eden now, and Ultimate Doom and Yoku's Island Express. Maybe I'll finally complete a campaign of Stellaris after the latest expqnsion too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

9. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (D-Ration; 1/2048). I got distracted by a Animal Crossing and other stuff after I had started this and finished my first run today, it took me a bit to get into it but once I did I really enjoyed it...gonna look up how to get a better D-Ratio and try and get the best ending if I can, it's such a unique structure, reminds me of Covenant of the Plume kinda.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

We Love Katamari

There need to be more of these games.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Baxate posted:

We Love Katamari

There need to be more of these games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doom Eternal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Runner3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

making boom eternal becasue all the enemies are blasting out multicolored gems from their asses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

10. Bullet Witch. Truly awful game thank you Cavia. There's a dash move that I found by accident that lets you skip 95% of the game outside of two parts where you have to kill all the enemies spawning extremely slowly in a large brown square.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

2. Loom. i've been putting off playing that one for like 15 years but turns out it's only 2 hours long. it's charming.

3. Dai Gyakuten Saiban. It was alright, the first couple of cases were bullshit but the others are decent. It felt more like the Layton crossover than a main series AA game. Very polished though and the fan translation is good. Three stars out of five

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yakuza Kiwami - Overall weaker than 0 except for the Majima Everywhere system which had the best writing in the game. Combat got really tedious in the late game when you're fighting enemies with 8+ healthbars that can regenerate but it's still Yakuza and still good. Kiwami 2 is apparently as good as 0 so I'm looking forward to it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Doom 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yakuza Kiwami - Overall weaker than 0 except for the Majima Everywhere system which had the best writing in the game. Combat got really tedious in the late game when you're fighting enemies with 8+ healthbars that can regenerate but it's still Yakuza and still good. Kiwami 2 is apparently as good as 0 so I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah it’s really hard for me to pick which game is better between 0 and K2. I lean a little towards 0 but mostly for the plot, the new engine in K2 is fantastic