Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

yeah dusk let you bunnyhop for insane speeds. i should bind jump to scrollwheel in amid and see if that does anything

i mean, the game feels like heretic/hexen which is its goal. im just happy someone is making more good 90s style shooters since thats mostly all i play lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I liked Amid Evil but I thought the weapon feel on everything but the planet launcher was kind of bad. I’m still a DUsK stan.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

EmmyOk posted:

Hell yeah brother. The cruise liner was so hard imo

yeah it made a man out of me. UC3 is so much better than I remember. the sequence starting from being tied in the chair by pirates to the cruise ship sinking might be the greatest run in the whole series

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

11. Blasphemous. it was alright but the combat is really dull and sometimes it feels like the enemies and abilities/weapons were designed independently so they don't really work together. levels are pretty samey too. the lore/music/art and some bosses are cool though so i did beat the game and get the good ending and collected a bunch of stuff. 3/5

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell.
3) RE2
4) Arcane Dimensions
5) Megaman Zero
6) Doom 2016
7) Freedom Planet
8) Yoku's Island Express 100%
9) JUMPGRID

10?) Slay the Spire: got my first clear with the ironclad. i mean i saw the credits but if what im told is correct theres more floors. i dont know what qualifies as beating it so im putting it tentatively here

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Finally beat Breath of the Wild. Hyrule is saved once again. What a great game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3gWQ5XN30

This song is so good.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

9. Soma Bringer

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Cubivore_ posted:

9. Soma Bringer

Thoughts?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

17) Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
last of us. this game aged like milk, its really awful to play now that we’re out of the era of waist high cover

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whoops

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Breath of Fire. Doesn’t hold up fantastically but I enjoyed it enough and it had some cool ideas

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yakuza 5. Maybe my favorite one in the series behind 0? It's hard to compare to the Kiwamis. I liked the new protagonist although I still don't really care for the fact that you play as one person, go through their whole story in one shot, then move on to another one and don't see the last guy again until the finale like in 4--it's such a long game that it would reference someone in Kiryu's story in the last protagonist's and I couldn't remember who they're talking about because that was like 40 game-hours and 3 real-life weeks ago. I liked that each character had their own side-gimmick like racing, hunting, etc and Haruka's rhythm-game section was some of the most fun I've had in the series so far. I'm excited to move on to 6 and see how Kiryu and Haruka's story ends.

My total time was just a few minutes over 90 hours and I was still at 30% completion lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

amid evil. excellent game but, i can't believe im about to say this, i wish it was more like hexen

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

amid evil. excellent game but, i can't believe im about to say this, i wish it was more like hexen

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Minit. Fun little game. Definitely gonna try to find more of the secrets in NG+

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
outer wilds. one of the best games ive ever played

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

outer wilds. one of the best games ive ever played

:cheers:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Picross S4... did everything except the huge "extra" puzzles.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

forgot that i beat death stranding back in january, adding it to my list

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

beat Heaven's Vault, game was a lot longer than I expected it to be, kinda outstayed its welcome, it was really interesting overall.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
21. Medal of Honor for the PlayStation 1

It's a good thing that only three Nazis can exist at the same time, or I might not have been able to complete the game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mamkute posted:

It's a good thing that only three Nazis can exist at the same time, or I might not have been able to complete the game.

i honestly wonder how thats aged after not playing it for 21 years

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Plebian Parasite posted:

beat Heaven's Vault, game was a lot longer than I expected it to be, kinda outstayed its welcome, it was really interesting overall.

That was my impression as well, and I didn't end up finishing it. The premise was cool and I really like the game of figuring out the language, but I didn't find the mystery compelling enough to power through what was at times some pretty frustrating gameplay.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Mamkute posted:

Was it worth it? I loved it a whole lot around the time it came out

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Aston posted:

That was my impression as well, and I didn't end up finishing it. The premise was cool and I really like the game of figuring out the language, but I didn't find the mystery compelling enough to power through what was at times some pretty frustrating gameplay.

You didn't miss much, as a matter of fact, most mysteries go unsolved unless you specifically set out to solve them and you'll miss a ton of story in any given playthrough just via your decisions. And while it's cool that someone really took 'your decisions should matter' to heart, it's pretty exhausting that getting a good view of the whole story requires you play through a 20+ hour story game 3 to 4 times.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Was it worth it? I loved it a whole lot around the time it came out

Most games are worth it, but you are better off playing the early Call of Duty games set during World War 2 because you won't need to interrupt yourself by going backwards for first aid kits.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Sekiro - godly feels afterwards

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (movie)
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-
  • Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie)
Kingdom Hearts III
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind
Other
  • Kingdom Hearts VR Experience
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness

After the disaster that was the Wages of War this game is a breath of fresh air.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

18) Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - Final Episode

10/10 masterpiece. Can't recommend this game enough, I'm certainly going to be playing it a ton more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (movie)
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-
  • Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie)
Kingdom Hearts III
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind
Other
  • Kingdom Hearts VR Experience
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory

the journey is just begining. good luck

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Prey

Eh.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Yakuza Kiwami 2.

that ending :stare:

e: the credits song kicks mondo rear end lol
e2: lmfao the second song

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 19, 2020

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i never finished it, it turns into a massive slog when nightmares start appearing

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i never finished it, it turns into a massive slog when nightmares start appearing

Yah exactly. Once I got to the last section I was just running full tilt between objective markers and eating med kits if I got hit.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yoku's island express while i wait to beat majima saga. cool game, liked it a lot, but i'm not sure i want to 100% it. definitely worth picking up though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kiwami 2 majima saga. now that i've had a chance to digest, i think kiwami 2 is my favorite yakuza game so far. ryuji is a good villain, the writing is great, and IMO there's just the right amount of content. the dragon engine is a work of art, the game's absolutely fuckin gorgeous and handles like a dream, and i'm sad that they've only made two games in it, unless judgment is too (i know like a dragon is too but it plays totally differently). i wish the majima saga'd been a bit more fleshed out mechanically, but i can understand not wanting to spend a lot of time adding character building stuff to someone you play as for like three hours tops. majima's super fun to play though, and unless 6 makes that impossible i'd love to see a majima game someday. anyway 10/10, fuckin amazing game. not sure what to do next, think i need a break before yakuza 3. might start DQ11S

e: also the credits songs are fuckin great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqL3jLp_iM