Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

There's nothing basic about that challenge. Congrats.
It took me a bit but it felt so good when I finally did it. Like being a kid hitting 100 lines in NES Tetris again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3. Shadow of the Colossus

The horse deserved better than a dude who won't pet them.

Mamkute fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 18, 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
3) RE2

Leon A/Claire B

people always say this is the gold standard of the series but saying that when REmake exists seems dumb. I like though how they seem to give you enough ammo to actually use your weapons and go a bit wild if you want. Also they're extremely generous with the ribbons, i finished both scenarios with 20 to spare, which for a first time player seems way too high. Died twice on Leon, and once on Claire, too, which is potatoes compared to how much i ate poo poo on REmake. Also the police station is pretty good but its over real fast, and each key unlocks like 2 doors, making it so deciding which key to carry is a bit less of a gamble, because you just exhaust their uses before getting the next one

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 18, 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also during my claire playthrough the game crashed twice and then started spitting oiut error boxes (but not crashing?) so i played it safe and saved a ton

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Spyro Reignited - Ripto's Rage (any%)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

3) RE2

Leon A/Claire B

people always say this is the gold standard of the series but saying that when REmake exists seems dumb. I like though how they seem to give you enough ammo to actually use your weapons and go a bit wild if you want. Also they're extremely generous with the ribbons, i finished both scenarios with 20 to spare, which for a first time player seems way too high. Died twice on Leon, and once on Claire, too, which is potatoes compared to how much i ate poo poo on REmake. Also the police station is pretty good but its over real fast, and each key unlocks like 2 doors, making it so deciding which key to carry is a bit less of a gamble, because you just exhaust their uses before getting the next one

REmake is absolutely On it's own tier but RE2 is still a great time, and a really tremendous improvement over original RE1. If you've never played the first I would recommend checking it out, so many rooms are just white cubes with the one thing you can inspect, which really makes the incredibly detailed spaces of RE2 that much more impressive

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I beat Pokemon Shield. It sucked

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Welcome back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

I beat Pokemon Shield. It sucked

Wtf rude

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it was insanely easy. which i mean, pokemon, i know. but I literally didnt die except on the final battle. and i wasnt doing anything but beelining the main story so nobody was overleveled or anything. and if you are just doing the main story then it's a sequence of gym battles with very very little in the way of plot or anything interesting. maybe these games arent for me. like i know you're supposed to catch em all and stuff but i feel like the main story should drive that a little more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the main story is literally for 5 year olds you gotta either be chill with that or go all out beyond that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
for the record im chill with that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I beat the Red Dead Redemption Two online Outlaw Pass 2.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mamkute posted:

3. Shadow of the Colossus

The horse deserved better than a dude who won't pet them.

His name is Agro

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Shovel Knight - King Knight

Really good. I loved the shorter levels, though as stated I suck rear end at Joustus. Overall I would probably say Spectre > King > Shovel > Plague.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

First game of 2020: Saints Row 2. It was my favorite game for a long time but it’s been the better part of a decade since I last played it so I was worried it wouldn’t hold up, but I think it was actually even better than I remembered. It was my first time playing the DLC though and that was pretty lame.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Slay the Spire Ascension 0 Ironclad

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Slay the Spire Ascension 0 Ironclad

Same

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I did it on my first run, by picking cards that sounded good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4) AI: The Somnium Files

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

4) AI: The Somnium Files

one of my faves from last year...what'd you think.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

one of my faves from last year...what'd you think.

I enjoyed but the PC version on win7 was a buggy softlocking mess on my machine. Like it would just stop loading dialog mid conversation and I'd have to save and quit to keep going. I finished it despite that so I must have liked it

It's not even close to as long winded and insane as the zero escape games but they do overuse the AI sight flashbacks a bit much for my taste.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 20, 2020

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Now I did it with the Silent. I thought I wasn't really enjoying it but then I went to bed and it was all I could think about.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Defect is going to blow your mind...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. The fun is just getting started. The final boss was badass.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Just won with the silent. When everything comes together it feels so good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers

It's been a long journey but I'm finally caught up

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Slay the Spire - Ascension 0 Defect

Used the Snecko Eye and Hello World, making a deck where I just get 10 random loving cards every turn. Then, I chose the best one. Things were looking grim at the Time Eater until I noticed my next orb was a dark that had 106 damage stored, and Dualcast was in my hand.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers

It's been a long journey but I'm finally caught up

Riding Home...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5) Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
4. Kingdom Hearts 3: ReMIND (Saved Kairi, Proud Mode)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Arcane Dimensions: this is absolute insanity and its very very good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6) DOOM: Knee Deep In the Dead, The Shores of Hell and Inferno complete on UV

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
4+. Kingdom Hearts 3 (Critical Mode)

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.