Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Took my switch on a work trip.
Shantae 1/2 genie hero base campaign
Untitled goose game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Monster Hunter world. On to iceborne

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Wonderful 101 remastered normal difficulty. The game looks very clean at 4k despite a few resolution- related bugs, the art style holds up. Still feels great to play, or even better than the original without slowdown during hectic scenes. I'm glad more people will be able to experience this very weird action game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

how many wonderful ones did you find?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

elf help book posted:

im missing 1 in the epilogue lol

i know exactly which one it is lol. some of the secrets in w101 are just cruel

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Halo Reach, legendary no skulls. Fun co-op experience

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed. Cool music, cool ending, the cartoony characters were really out of place in an otherwise realistic art style

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Halo MCC: Halo: CE legendary no skulls co-op. Game is very dated, I forgot how true all the complaints of identical corridors full of flood were. Still a good time in co-op for the most part.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Carrion - all containment units. nice take on the metroid formula and i appreciate that your movement speed is very fast from the beginning of the game. with no final boss to speak of it felt pretty pointless going back and collecting all the power-ups, but otherwise didn't outstay its welcome

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Just cause 4

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mycophobia posted:

How was it

It has a charming level of video game jank you don’t usually see in AAA games for example you can just swim straight up waterfalls. Movement is as enjoyable as any just cause game as long as you completely avoid ground vehicles. Unfortunately the missions are generally boring, if you want to unlock every region you’ll have to do about 4 different missions copy pasted like 5 times each. Even the one standout mission which had a really incredible spectacle of a tornado ripping through an airport just requires the player to blow up a few things. And combat consists of either trying to headshot enemies with the two guns that enemies carry ammo for while searching for all the dudes a mile away plinking you with snipers rockets and grenades, or getting in any armed helicopter and trivializing the entire game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

1cc?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Mad max. For an open world collectathon it’s solid and the sound design is great, didn’t get annoying until the last three missions in a row that make you drive back and forth across the entire map.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

MCC Halo 2 and 3 legendary coop. Halo 2 was a real slog, one hit kill snipers all over the place and no respawning, I remember it was rushed out and it sure seems like they didn’t do any play testing. 3 is much better and I’m looking forward to finally playing through 4 in a couple weeks

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Halo: MCC: Halo 3: ODST legendary coop, we blasted through this in a few hours over one afternoon and it was fun the whole way through, big change up from Halo 2. The hub design with weapons caches was cool but we ended up blitzing through those sections so it didn’t have a huge role. I enjoyed the back to basics gameplay in this one, no power ups or dual wielding, curious to see how 4 stands up

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Middle earth shadow of war. there’s a music video halfway through the credits dedicated to a guy who worked on the game who died, it’s got like baby pictures of him juxtaposed against an in game model based on him decapitating half a dozen orcs. also I liked the game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ECHO (2017) - nice short game, tight mechanics, not too hard once you figure out how the AI works. The architecture is incredible, almost every level is some giant impossible baroque space that ends up extremely unnerving. My only knock against it is the story is delivered in unskippable slow walk sections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Forgot this one: Arizona sunshine, main campaign co-op was the last game I beat in 2020. Very apparent it was an early vr game with its simple mechanics, and the inner monologue was unnecessary during a coop run. The spatial audio effect for your coop partner’s voice chat was cool