Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
1.1 Tetris 99 - Tetris Maximus
1.14 Steamworld Dig 2 - 98% + Proof of Completion
3.7 Toki Tori - 100%
6.21 Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness - Thief 478 score
9.4 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 CaS 1+2 100%
11.22 Yakuza: Like a Dragon

American McGay fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He's a dumb troll making a tired joke from 2016. Lucky for him only 12 posters post in the Imp Zone anyway so he's likely not taking away anyone's coveted first page placement with his dumb joke.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
2020 is the year of the gatekeepers. Literally moving the goalposts with every unnecessary post on the first page.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

amenbrotep posted:

2. Hitman (2016) all levels SASO. The sound in this game is incredible, hitting someone with a thrown frying pan is incredibly satisfying, and I’m really glad everything’s slightly comic instead of being dark and gritty and violent
The various NPC dialogue lines are awesome and perfectly capture the absurdity the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1.14 Steamworld Dig 2 - 98% + Proof of Completion

Missing a couple cogs that I didn't feel like going back to find, but I did do the little post-game trials section and that was an enjoying cap to a great game. Pretty par for the course for those style of games but everything is really well done. Progression felt good and along the way you get a couple of movement upgrades that really open up the map and make the platforming a blast. The thing I'll probably most take away from the game is just how good looking it is. Really great game and it can be had on sale for like 8 bucks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lumines - Basic Challenge
There's nothing basic about that challenge. Congrats.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I have extreme nostalgia for X, even if I never really got into the series as a whole. It's one of the quintessential SNES games for sure.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Alright im declaring this a non 1cc due to a technical foul

mycophobia posted:

world record holder SPS thumbs upped my discord message about it so it counts.

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It counts but people get to flame you endlessly for posting it in the Games Beat thread. Your choice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Luigi is too afraid to even work a vacuum. And I'm to believe he can match Mario toe-for-toe in his heroic journey across the galaxy to save Princess Peach and the Luma race writ large? Get real.
Jesus Christ, go gently caress yourself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 242* Stars.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoggyFaithfulHummingbirdLeeroyJenkins

Mods??

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

In Dolphin you can connect a real Wiimote and Nunchuck OP. You should do that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I was looking for something in my photo album today and found this sweet blurry cell phone pic from a decade ago.

So the haters can gently caress off.
Real convenient "Dave", if that even is your real name.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

it was confirmed by the miiverse many years ago and is established canon
Oh cool, thanks guy who has every imp's first name saved in a txt document on his desktop for some reason...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

3.7 Toki Tori - 100%

I've heard people talk about this series before and it was 49 cents on the eShop so I decided to try it out. Charming and reminiscent of older PC puzzle games, which I enjoyed. The difficulty ramps up pretty fast though, as there are dozens of possible combinations and solutions which is a bit much for my old man brain. Overall I enjoyed it but the last half of every world kinda dragged on. I got the 2nd one on sale too so I'll probably check that out sometime in the future, but for now I'm Toki Tori'ed out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

3.9 Gitaroo Man - Normal Mode A-Rank

drat this game is tight. I owned it back in the day on PS2 but don't have a working PS2 anymore. I tried in the past to get it working on an emulator but for some reason couldn't get it working, but I decided to try again and it works great now. Probably haven't played it in about 13 years but I remembered everything almost instantly. The music is sick and I think I'm more able to appreciate just how weird and Japanese everything is in it this time through. Getting all A-Rank on normal mode feels like a pretty good ceiling for my abilities. I tried Master mode for a bit but kept getting wrecked and wasn't having as much fun. If you're a fan of weird Japanese poo poo or rhythm games and haven't played this yet you should find a way to. It's really an experience unlike anything else.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ive never been trolled so hard my goddamn life
I tried for like 5 minutes to find a screen cap of the time you admitted in Twitch chat about having a crush on a girl that ended up dating a Mario Kart 64 speed runner but this website is trash and all posts are lost to the void of time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

P-Mack posted:

I played DQ 1 thru 6 on my phone and they were all delightful. Enjoy.
Lyle post incoming in 3.... 2....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Tales of Woe posted:

Animal Crossing New Horizons
:blastu:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Credits rolled but I’m just getting started.
Weird. Credits only roll during a KK performance and he only comes on Saturday nights...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*adds Jake to the kill on sight list* Cool dude, glad you were somehow able to get KK to perform on a Thursday afternoon. That's really great.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't look up anything some freak posted in wormskull's twitch chat 3 days after the game came out that they just saw the credits and wormskull barfed up his BBQ chicken calzone in disgust.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sounds like what’s happening on turnip island today.
lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat even found all the chronoscepter pieces? Nice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

i dont care though since the boss fights sucked anyway
Excuse me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aui_RdsCkWw&t=50s

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

dark feces. Boom!
Sorry to hear that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

oh theres some PS1/2 light gun games i havent played either but non-wii light gun games are annoying to emulate well with mouse clicks.

Playing a light gun game with a mouse is hyper-fail.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I don't have a tv that will actually work with light guns unless there's like USB solutions for Computer.
Hmm, some suggested reading for you.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760713&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post455235943

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Finaru Fantaji sebuen remake IS the most perfect and beatuifl ff game since 6 and the best square game since chrono cross. IT is the pinnacle of the japanese jrpg along with earth bound. AERITH and the main FF7 theme ARE the pinnacle of nuobo uematsu's compositional career even tho the ff6 soundtrack is probably stronger over al. THERE will never be a videogame as good as this in our lifetime since we will all die of coronavirus. EVEN in its uncompleted state it far surpasses its contemporaries much like ferando pessoas book of disquiet or erich von stroheims greed. even the TERRIBLE 10-20 minutish filler section where a rat steals a key and you have to chase the rat and then play about 8-10 more hours of games so why is the padding even in the game, is the perfect filler since the the rats can suplex you. the ps4 IS the worst console ever made.
Lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
SML is weird and cool. The controls are awful but in a way that's consistent and can be learned. I beat it in like 20 minutes last year which would have been 8th on the world record leaderboards but they don't allow whatever the macOS GB emulator is. Sad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat there's been a lot of progress in the SML speedrunning community since I played last year. Good to see, it deserves it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
6.21 Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness - Thief 478 score

Haven't touched this game in 20 years but still incredibly nostalgic for it. Something about the art/music/voice really stuck with me when I was a kid. Never actually beat it as a kid but was honestly really surprised by how much of it I was able to see back then. Once I got to the parts that I'd never seen the game got decidedly less interesting. Not sure if this is because the game sucks towards the end or if my enjoyment of it was just due to the nostalgia it was triggering. Either way, it's a cool game and it's nice to say I finally beat it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

FF7: Remake Playlog Complete. Finished with this game and it was so good. Dunno what to play now.
Did you get the little crown?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dusk feels better to play but something about the levels and overall aesthetic made me annoyed.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

i should buy a copy of the 2008 Guiness World Record Book Gamer Edition

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

well done. What's the impossible star?
Tower of the Wing Cap automatically starts you off with the titular wing cap.