Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

Final fantasy XV. Everyone seems to hate it but I really enjoyed it. Thinking about cleaning up some of the side quests in NG+

"Everyone" is a freaking dumbass.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final Fantasy XI: Rhapsodies of Vana'diel

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

all i play is doom now since there aren't going to be new videogames anymore

syche the hit doom 2 megawad - i haven't played this for a couple years so i turned it on again. i played uv mostly pistol start and wasn't having too much trouble and remembered it being harder. tHEn i got to map 23 or 24 and the difficulty spiked a lot, kind of forgot how much harder episode 3 is compared to the rest. good wad pack tho. i kind of hate map 30 its too big sort of a sour note to go out on but you can always warp to the secret levels, which you should. and the speedrun level is cool in theory but kind of obnoxious and apparently depending on your source port you have less than 30 seconds to complete oops.

I had the exact same experience except I'm too much of a noob to actually clear episode 3 on UV.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Platinum Trophy, 100% Play Log)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The final section of the game with the Dark One rituals is probably the weakest part, yeah. I like the finale, though, and the culmination of the Erana stuff that had been hinted at since the first game. Thief is definitely the most fun way to play through QFG although Paladin is cool too.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Quest for Glory 1: So You Want to be a Hero? (VGA version)

Took me a while how to figure out how to successfully save my character for importing into the next game since it was designed to be saved to a floppy disk.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire (VGA remake)

Not as good as I remember it being. The game is more linear, with things only happening on certain days, and the Elemental puzzles are lame and too easy. Once you get to Rasier it's a bit more interesting, but you spend most of your time walking down the barren alleyways. There's also a boss fight at the end that is extremely hard and every time you lose you have to watch an unskippable cutscene before you game over.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Quest for Glory 3: Wages of War

The nadir of the series. I can't think of a single thing I actually liked about this game. What a dud.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness

After the disaster that was the Wages of War this game is a breath of fresh air.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (Proud Mode)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- (Proud Mode)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

FF7 Remake started strong but kinda overstayed its welcome.

I wish it was longer.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

i feel like everytime ive seen a beatemup 1cc its super tedious abuse of the single most powerful move and that honestly doesnt seem that fun to me

Ah, the In Training Street Fighter II strat.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

DQ2 isn't so much hard as it is unfair at times. The dungeons are enormous labyrinths where it is easy to get lost and it's not uncommon to get ambushed by a group of 5 enemies that wipe you out before you get a turn. Having multiple party members helps make a the battles a bit more strategic, although the Hero in DQ2 doesn't learn any magic so all you need to do with him is hit Attack every turn. My favorite part about 2 was how big the world felt especially after you get the ship, since there's no one telling you exactly where to go all the time so it has that sense of exploration.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts 3: Critical Mode clear.

Going to play the DLC next. I heard people didn't like this one but I don't know why, I thought it was pretty good.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I bought Hero-U on sale and was planning on playing it after I finished Quest for Glory playthroughs but QFGV can't run on modern computers without jumping through a bunch of hoops and it's ugly and bad so I didn't bother. Sorry, Coles.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts: Melodies of Memory

Want to say I beat it on Proud mode but the final "boss battle" is much much harder on Proud than any other song in the game. The game won't let you save until you beat it and my Switch battery was dying so I bumped it down to Standard. I'll beat it on Proud later.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind and Limitcut Episode DLC (Critical Mode)

I was going to wait until I completed Secret Episode to consider the DLC completed but I don't know when I'm going to get around to it. Limitcut was extremely difficult on Critical and some of the bosses took me hours of attempts and the Secret boss seems even harder. I'll do it eventually.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC Secret Episode (Critical Mode)

Well I ended up doing it sooner than I thought. I initially thought it was going to be too hard on Critical but the boss actually has lots of gaps where you can heal/use an item, so if you can get to phase 2 with a full stock of elixirs it's very doable. Probably my favorite fight in the series, too. Glad to finally be done with this game!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

John Romero posted:

11. Sakura Sadist

Steam Page posted:

No matter what happens, Azusa’s bound to have an exciting semester filled with intrigue, deception, and up-skirt photography!

Good poo poo, dude.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Self-destructs in the bunker and adds another to the "win" column.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

John Romero posted:

am i allowed to reply lol to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Doing a Duck Flare/Whirl-a-Goof/Sonic Blade combo on all the Kingdom Hearts haters.