Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

3 tiers

Free with ads, back catalog of stuff, no Originals (so no A.P. Bio)
Paid with ads, cheaper and gets everything but with ads
Paid with no ads, gets everything, no ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it that bad?

Also looking for an episode of Bob's burgers where bob is trying to console somebody and talking about his botd and how he says the names are terrible but he enjoys making them it's in the first 5.5 seasons

Reno 911 or Quibi? I haven't seen the Reno stuff in full but have heard its worth the watch. Not peak Reno, but still good and fun. As for Quibi, there was literally nothing else that made them (or me) think "oh, I want to check that out".

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wanted Teen Yoda. He smokes now, and is rude to his dad.

You've even got a picture of him as your avatar, but needs a red mask

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Shows with seasons that start in the next couple months according to my TV tracker thing:

PEN15
Ratched
Bobís Burgers
Fargo
Warrior
The Good Lord Bird
The Conners
Superstore
The Undoing
The Eric Andre Show
The Mandalorian
His Dark Materials
The Crown

Thereís at least a couple there that have to have started shooting recently, right? Plus we know Fargo only just managed to shoot its last two episodes.

What is your TV tracker thing? My wife and I ran into this same issue last night and started a spreadsheet of poo poo we've meant to watch for years but there ain't poo poo on.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I really enjoy the Boys but last week I could tell the thread was heading in a clusterfuck direction and now I see hundreds of posts.

It's okay the racist got probated for 3 days!

Next time will hopefully for forever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 27, 2008

Going Home.

bull3964 posted:

3 tiers

Free with ads, back catalog of stuff, no Originals (so no A.P. Bio)
Paid with ads, cheaper and gets everything but with ads
Paid with no ads, gets everything, no ads

Oh, blah. Though it seems to let me load it up anyway, unless that's just a trial.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Croatoan posted:

What is your TV tracker thing? My wife and I ran into this same issue last night and started a spreadsheet of poo poo we've meant to watch for years but there ain't poo poo on.

I use the Next Episode app. The site is next-episode.net

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/arcadeyblog/sta...728376578011136

It's worse than you th ink

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!

Azhais posted:

You've even got a picture of him as your avatar, but needs a red mask

The moms are gonna love his smile.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone else find it hard to keep track of which show is which with the trend of sentences for titles? I get recommended things like 'we are who we are' 'i am not okay with this' 'I know this much is true' 'i may destroy you' and a few others and they all just blend into one.

Krazyface
Jul 15, 2011

A: to get those sweet first-place bonus points

Hair Elf

I kind of like it, it's way better than the previous trend of a single, somewhat abstract noun

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

Annabel Pee posted:

Anyone else find it hard to keep track of which show is which with the trend of sentences for titles? I get recommended things like 'we are who we are' 'i am not okay with this' 'I know this much is true' 'i may destroy you' and a few others and they all just blend into one.

The only naming thing that annoys me is re-using titles for different (non-remake) shows. I'm one of like 4 people that liked the Nikolaj Coster-Waldau New Amsterdam from 2008 so every time I see the hospital drama pop up it makes me sad

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Azhais posted:

The only naming thing that annoys me is re-using titles for different (non-remake) shows. I'm one of like 4 people that liked the Nikolaj Coster-Waldau New Amsterdam from 2008 so every time I see the hospital drama pop up it makes me sad

I was excited for his casting in GoT because of (the real) New Amsterdam.

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Croatoan posted:

Stare into the butthole long enough and the butthole stares back

I really like Denis Villeneuve but this movie is looking incredibly ugly and lifeless. Where are the dang colors.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

I'm trying to understand the point of Disney+ over here in Belgium. It's finally available, and the catalog is getting released in staggered fashion. For instance, you can't watch all of the Marvel films despite part of them being out for years and the tail end being available on other services. Iron Man 1 and 3 have been made available, but not the second one. The first season of Mandalorian for instance is being released episode by episode every week, despite being finished for months and available on plenty of piracy sites. There's other jokes like that, but I quickly stopped being interested.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm trying to understand the point of Disney+ over here in Belgium. It's finally available, and the catalog is getting released in staggered fashion. For instance, you can't watch all of the Marvel films despite part of them being out for years and the tail end being available on other services. Iron Man 1 and 3 have been made available, but not the second one. The first season of Mandalorian for instance is being released episode by episode every week, despite being finished for months and available on plenty of piracy sites. There's other jokes like that, but I quickly stopped being interested.

Even in the US they had some marvel stuff not available at launch because of contract stuff with Netflix, itís just how that kind of stuff shakes out. Iím guessing they figure not that many people are going to pirate The Mandolorian and the week by week will help build hype over there like it did over here.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

It all has to do with whatever rights are already in existence. I have been in countries where Netflix shows like OitNB or Ozark are released on a weekly basis on a TV channel there, even if the show has been out for a while. They would also pop up on Netflix in that country afterwards, so maybe some channel has the right to it and that is the only way it can be released without loving up a bunch of contracts.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

swickles posted:

It all has to do with whatever rights are already in existence. I have been in countries where Netflix shows like OitNB or Ozark are released on a weekly basis on a TV channel there, even if the show has been out for a while. They would also pop up on Netflix in that country afterwards, so maybe some channel has the right to it and that is the only way it can be released without loving up a bunch of contracts.

This happened with at least one season of American Gods in... I think itís Canada? Basically, it was included as part of Amazon Prime there, but was released weekly as the episodes aired on Starz in the US instead of dumping all at once.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SNL has announced another celebrity guest to do a politician with Jim Carrey as Joe Biden.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Netflix's Dark Crystal show has the most stacked cast I have ever seen in television and yet none of the voices are recognizable. Not Jason Isaacs or Simon Pegg or even Awkwafina who sounds like nobody else. They might have considered just using the puppeteer voices since they apparently recorded all the lines.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm just sad that we probably aren't getting more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So despite the renewal in May ABC has cancelled Stumptown. It is currently being shopped around to other networks. According to the article pandemic related issues had delayed production so long that the season wouldn't be ready until April, which was apparently a dealbreaker for ABC.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ham Wrangler

Aw man I hope someone picks that up, it had a bit of a slow start but I really enjoyed it once it got going.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Well, they have to make room for exciting shows like....

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

MAMAMOO STAN

Dinosaur Gum

swickles posted:

Well, they have to make room for exciting shows like....

Do they have a show like NCIS or Law and Order where they can just mass produce spinoff of?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

TV Zombie posted:

Do they have a show like NCIS or Law and Order where they can just mass produce spinoff of?

Grey's Anatomy

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Mu Zeta posted:

Netflix's Dark Crystal show has the most stacked cast I have ever seen in television and yet none of the voices are recognizable. Not Jason Isaacs or Simon Pegg or even Awkwafina who sounds like nobody else. They might have considered just using the puppeteer voices since they apparently recorded all the lines.

Awkwafina sounds exactly like Miley Cyrus.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89

Grimey Drawer

Genuinely bummed about Stumptown's cancellation.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Laterite posted:

Genuinely bummed about Stumptown's cancellation.

Me too. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed Stumptown the same way I enjoyed Lethal Weapon -- better than they had any right to be.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

It had Jake Johnson and Colbie Smulders, they could easily carry a much worse show. When you have a character-focused show with leads that good youíre like 75 percent of the way there already.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/benjysarlin/sta...8218532864?s=21

Quibi?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Man, I really liked Stumptown. It was a solid show with a uniformly good cast.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

I see past the sham that is society, and I'm into some incredibly fucked up shit.

Well I finally finished Star Trek TNG. Last season was really drat goofy but the last ep was really good and bittersweet. Time to watch the movies watch ds9

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Report back when you see the Duet episode. I thought season 1 was trash but then that happened.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

The Klowner posted:

Well I finally finished Star Trek TNG. Last season was really drat goofy but the last ep was really good and bittersweet. Time to watch the movies watch ds9

This is me, but for the 17th time

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJPOla_1Px0

Mmm that cast, Arnold Rothstein and Clay Davis hell yeah

Also Raised by Wolves renewed.

And per Deadline the newest Marvel show on D+ is gonna be She-Hulk with Jennifer Walters being played by Tat Mas

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 17, 2020

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

zoux posted:

Also Raised by Wolves renewed.

Very happy about this.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

zoux posted:

And per Deadline the newest Marvel show on D+ is gonna be She-Hulk with Jennifer Walters being played by Tat Mas

I have no idea who that is but Iím pretty sure sheíll be fantastic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Star of Orphan Black and more recently Perry Mason. An absolutely superlative actress. The showrunner is going to be R+M writer Jessica Gao so looks like they are going to be leaning into the comedy

It's always been a funny book, Dan Slott's run on it is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Star of Orphan Black and more recently Perry Mason. An absolutely superlative actress. The showrunner is going to be R+M writer Jessica Gao so looks like they are going to be leaning into the comedy

It's always been a funny book, Dan Slott's run on it is fantastic

Oh, cool, I havenít watched Perry Mason yet, Iím saving it for when I can actually pay attention to things.