Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

The world does need more Sookeh

Weirdly enough I sometimes joke with friends and use a (terrible) Southern American accent. The key phrase to start this? "As your maker I cammand Yeuuuu." I know one shouldn't imitate Vampire Bill's accent but c'mon.

As an aside I watched an entire awful show solely based on it being from the creator of True Blood. It was not the same kind of campy.

esperterra posted:

True Blood has such a great cast of characters to choose from for a revival too tbh, one done properly could be rad.

Sassy Pam and Jessica spinoff when
YES! Pam was so awesome and I

esperterra posted:

I feel like Alexander Skarsgard has probably had the busiest career since and I can't think of anybody else off the top of my head who has been in anything of note, other than DAW having had Daredevil before it was cancelled.

So you're prob right!

I know one minor character did the movie "Fury" and Jason was in Knights of Badassdom. Even Sookeh hasn't been in too much. Skarsgard and Lizzy Caplan are probably the most famous of all of them. Also the guy that played Russell Edgington, Dennis O Hare, has still found an insane amount of work but he's not doing leading roles. He is great in everything and, by gawd, he elevated that show single handedly for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yee I thought about including Caplan, but she was such a minor character in terms of how long she was on the show so I figured she doesn't count as much as the main cast who stayed on for the whole series.

e: Denis O'Hare was a silly oversight tho, motherfucker gets a ton of work from Ryan Murphy alone

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bill Compton was on the Gifted you uncultured swines

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gifted was okay but was forever tainted by its connection to Singer.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm sad any new TB won't have Lafayette, RIP Nelsan Ellis

Also the first (or first 2? I cant remember) seasons had the very cool and good Michael Raymond-James of Terriers fame

I only mention that so I can mention Terriers

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

isaboo posted:

Also the first (or first 2? I cant remember) seasons had the very cool and good Michael Raymond-James of Terriers fame

It's been a hot minute since my last TB rewatch, but he was (lol why am i spoiling such an old show but it owns) the big bad of Season 1 so I'm p sure he wasn't in S2 which was all maenads all the time and I will defend til the day I die.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
In unrelated news, who wants a new star wars holiday special?!

https://ew.com/tv/star-wars-holiday-special/

vvv yeah, tragically he drank himself to death

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

isaboo posted:

What??? No!!!!!!!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

esperterra posted:

It's been a hot minute since my last TB rewatch, but he was (lol why am i spoiling such an old show but it owns) the big bad of Season 1 so I'm p sure he wasn't in S2 which was all maenads all the time and I will defend til the day I die.

yea you're right. Michelle Forbes in S2 was cool

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

What??? No!!!!!!!

yeah he died in 2017 :(
heart failure from alcohol abuse/withdrawal

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

S2's biggest crime was ruining Tara as a character, and it is unfortunately a crime that echoed through til that character finally fuckin was allowed to kick the bucket.

Otherwise the Marianne stuff was great and owned imho. Plus S2 gave us Jason's whole plot with the Fellowship of the Sun and the blessed Louisiana Hot Sauce scene.

e: which reminds me, anna camp is also one of the more successful actors from the show

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Always crushing on Anna Camp.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

welp ty thread, I've lost track of how many times I've rewatched True Blood but it just became my thing to put on in the background while I finish packing

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

esperterra posted:

S2's biggest crime was ruining Tara as a character, and it is unfortunately a crime that echoed through til that character finally fuckin was allowed to kick the bucket.

Otherwise the Marianne stuff was great and owned imho. Plus S2 gave us Jason's whole plot with the Fellowship of the Sun and the blessed Louisiana Hot Sauce scene.

e: which reminds me, anna camp is also one of the more successful actors from the show

I cannot say “eggs” without thinking of true blood.

Also Andy and “Ppppiiiiiggggg”, “I know that pig”, “it’s a Diet Coke with lime” are forever etched in my brain.

And poor Lafayette. Such a great actor and gone too soon.

Although one of my favorite scenes ever is the dance of Steve Newlin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5_U3Q7yFh9A

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Good god the opening credits for True Blood are still some of the best

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
The song for the TB intro was just perfect and doesn’t seem to age.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

yippeekiyaymf posted:

The song for the TB intro was just perfect and doesn’t seem to age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2GikVQXvf0

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ff_6VsRuas

pourin one out tbh

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

Good god the opening credits for True Blood are still some of the best

As far as songs go, Terriers still wins:

https://youtu.be/qD8Kh7Pmzho

I should make a terriers Decennial thread since it’s on Hulu now via FX.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

isaboo posted:

Yeah I didn't want to mention him as it's just so loving sad and we were having fun reminiscing. He was great. He had some big times roles before he died but yeah.... I feel the same about him I do of his costar in Get on Up, Chadwick Boseman. They were sodding talented and should have been around longer. The little kids doing Black Panther funerals was really moving.

esperterra posted:

Never saw Gifted... never really gave it a chance. That was a period after Inhumans, Iron Fist and something else that just made me *nope* from tv superhero shows for a bit. Never realized Pam has been busy as well... good for her.

We made fun of Tara's sole character being "I tremble my lip" but that is all they gave her. There was a time True Blood was the campiest fun tv around. It wasn't Breaking Bad but it was just so enjoyable.

My fave Russell moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYPJHcw4t0
"Now time for the weather, Tiffany?"

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 15, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God, Denis O'Hare is just simply the best

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'm gonna do it- I'm gonna make a thread for Terriers this weekend. Two episodes per week- spoilers allowed but must be tagged. It's on basic Hulu ever since they added FX stuff. OP suggestions and the rare Terriers gif encouraged.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
New episode of ST:D came out. I liked it. I'm going to not visit the thread as I'm sure I'm wrong and in fact it's the worst garbage ever to have raped someone's childhood or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I've liked all the new Treks but yeah I also don't visit the thread.

Also drat, the South Park pandemic special. Comedy Central gives no fucks about swearing now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Croatoan posted:

New episode of ST:D came out. I liked it. I'm going to not visit the thread as I'm sure I'm wrong and in fact it's the worst garbage ever to have raped someone's childhood or something.

There's been like one page of discussion on it and I wouldn't classify it as overly hostile

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I just hit the first 'SOOKEH IS MIIIHNE', bless

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I rewatched True Blood like a year ago to finally see the end and for the life of me I can't remember if I finished it or what the ending was if I saw it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Each time I watch True Blood I get a little bit farther. Think I got an episode or two into season 6 last time. Maybe it's time for another attempt.

SOOKEH

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Awww yeah based Pam has appeared

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

I never finished True Blood.

My last memory of it was some guy (don't recall who it was maybe Bill) naked and covered in blood and they flew away somewhere.

Show got increasingly wacky.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Not enough violent wacky murdery shows on tv.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GreenNight posted:

Not enough violent wacky murdery shows on tv.

In related news I am rewatching Psych and on the Dual Spires episode and its just perfection.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Peragus posted:

I never finished True Blood.

My last memory of it was some guy (don't recall who it was maybe Bill) naked and covered in blood and they flew away somewhere.

Show got increasingly wacky.

My last memory was someone injected or drank vampire blood and it gave them a raging boner that was so bad he had to get it drained at a hospital

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

swickles posted:

In related news I am rewatching Psych and on the Dual Spires episode and its just perfection.

I'm looking forward to watching that when I get there in my Psych rewatch because now I've actually seen Twin Peaks so maybe I'll actually understand some of it.

Maybe.

Mu Zeta posted:

My last memory was someone injected or drank vampire blood and it gave them a raging boner that was so bad he had to get it drained at a hospital

I think that was Episode 2.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I just finished that episode, it's episode 4.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

As far as songs go, Terriers still wins:

https://youtu.be/qD8Kh7Pmzho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LX8PPMuOY

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

If there ever is a True Blood revival, I want Russell Edgington to come back somehow, I don't care how.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Went into Grand Army with some trepidation after the stuff about POC writers quitting because of Karen poo poo from the creator but the first episode at least was real good

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I jumped off of true blood at some point relatively soon after the werewolves (not swearwolves) became part of the cast. A couple of years later I happened to notice it was still on, and I thought "I wonder if this has continued to get more and more ridiculous" so I changed to HBO and saw Sookie loving someone on top of a grave and then light shot out of her vagina. So the answer was a resounding "yes".

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ya it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The ending of True Blood is just as bad as Dexter. My memories of the show are it was great when it embraced its campiness (Jason and Andy working together was great), but awful when it did anything else (especially on the romance side). I wouldn’t say it became complete crap like Dexter, Weeds, or SoA, but it was close to a hate watch for me in later seasons. A reboot or restart? Most of the interesting characters are not coming back and no way Alan Ball would come back to do the series.