Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

At the beginning of this year my beard was mostly dark brown with the occasional blonde or red hair. Now, four months past my 30th birthday, it's almost 1/3 white and the remaining brown is fading fast.

By the end of the year I'm going to be bald with a full white beard. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Watched the first episode of Truth Hunters on Amazon. Pretty fun, would recommend if you're into either the ghost hunting genre or the Nick Frost/Simon Pegg genre, although it's far more the former than the latter. (By which I mean, more Frost than Pegg)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Got obsessive and decided to check out every Anime on Hulu that has an interesting thumbnail. I hate alot of the tropes of the genre , but managed to find some good uns

Bakuman: Feel good story about two kids trying to break into being manga artists

Blood Blockade Battlefront: pulled down by the last couple eps of S1, otherwise a madcap beautifully drawn depiction of nightmare magical New York City.

Demon Slayer: Fantastically rendered action scenes with a hero you can root for, hunting vampires in 19th C Japan.

One-Punch Man (S1 only): Ridiculous take on superheroes.

HunterxHunter: Teen action show that goes to absolutely ludicrous grim areas while plumbing interesting sci fi ideas. Feels like a conscious commentary on lighter action fare.

Erased: Time travel murder mystery that wraps up well in 12 episodes.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl: Implausibly, this got me. Relationship drama with sophisticated emotional struggles that has a protagnist you can root for. A love story that doesnt feel saccharine at all.

Is it Wrong To Pick Up Girls in the Dungeon: Fantasy series in an exciting world with fun magical mechanisms.

Meglabox: Rocky, but its sci fi. And actually knows a little about boxing.

Space Dandy: Hilarious sci fi.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Oof. The one thing I'll reveal, its really smartly done.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash: Brutally depicts whats it like to actually end up in a fantasy world. Only problem is that there isnt enough of it.

Id Invaded: Inception plus Agatha Christie.

Initial D: the show that introduced the world to drifting.

Ergo Proxy: Moody sci fi that really has no equivalent in tone or lack of hand holding in anime

Fate/Zero: Brutal. Action Packed. Smart.

Rage Of Bahamut: Short and competent and well directed fantasy action piece.

Decadence: cool sci fi twists and action mechanics.

Dorehedero, which unfortunately just left Hulu: Starts off with a dinosaur headed swallowing people's head so the victims could talk to the creep that lives in his throat, proceeds to get weirder from there.

That's it. Any other anime instantly or eventually bored me, or was made for children and/or perverts.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 30, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Mean Jerk posted:

At the beginning of this year my beard was mostly dark brown with the occasional blonde or red hair. Now, four months past my 30th birthday, it's almost 1/3 white and the remaining brown is fading fast.

By the end of the year I'm going to be bald with a full white beard. :negative:

I started finding white hairs when I was 17.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

zoux posted:

Weltschmerz

The germans always got your back when it comes to the heavy nihilistic emotions.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

The reboot of Supermarket Sweep is the worst. I tried to endure as much as I could, but I had to tap out after five minutes or so of Leslie Jones being Leslie Jones. I am baffled as to how she still has a career after playing the same character in every little thing she's done. It's a drat shame. A reboot with a good host could have had a lot of potential.

I just checked imdb, and it looks like the show is getting absolutely skewered by users. Good to know I am not alone in feeling this way.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10916122/reviews

Bioshuffle fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 30, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bioshuffle posted:

I just checked imdb, and it looks like the show is getting absolutely skewered by users. Good to know I am not alone in feeling this way.

Not saying it's good (I have no desire to watch), but I wouldn't go to iMDB these days as a source for seeing if something is good or bad. It gets reviewed bombed hard, and a lot of people have a hatred hard on for Leslie.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Not saying it's good (I have no desire to watch), but I wouldn't go to iMDB these days as a source for seeing if something is good or bad. It gets reviewed bombed hard, and a lot of people have a hatred hard on for Leslie.

I would love to see her give a big middle finger to her critics by doing a complete about face and taking on dramatic roles. I remember people scratching their heads when Jim Carrey started doing dramatic roles, but he absolutely killed it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bioshuffle posted:

The reboot of Supermarket Sweep is the worst. I tried to endure as much as I could, but I had to tap out after five minutes or so of Leslie Jones being Leslie Jones. I am baffled as to how she still has a career after playing the same character in every little thing she's done. It's a drat shame. A reboot with a good host could have had a lot of potential.

Uhhh, it's a reboot of a lovely show and it's lovely, but lovely in the same way the old one was. The host here is really immaterial. I tried watching the original a few months back and it was unrepentant garbage through and through. There's no lost potential here.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A Supermarket Sweep reboot will never let you relive being home sick from school, sorry. It’s a game show with wildly easy puzzles based entirely around how many brands they can cram into a single half hour. Made even worse of course by the millions of people who can’t afford to buy enough food, much less brand name food.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Don't fall for the Bioshuffle bait, goons. Check their rap sheet and then think about why they might not like Leslie Jones.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Don't fall for the Bioshuffle bait, goons. Check their rap sheet and then think about why they might not like Leslie Jones.

Is it racism?

Probably racism.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Supermarket Sweep rules.

Leslie Jones is cool and good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I also do not like Leslie Jones

uh oh!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

I also do not like Leslie Jones

uh oh!

She was godawful on SNL. I mean, most people are, but she stood out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ugly In The Morning posted:

In a strange twist of fate, the only thing I've enjoyed her on was Ghostbusters '16 which tbf it is not hard to be the best performance in that movie.

Her Drag Race live tweets are fun I guess!

esperterra fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 31, 2020

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I ike Leslie Jones.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I’m reporting all you racist Trumpers.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

In a strange twist of fate, the only thing I've enjoyed her on was Ghostbusters '16 which tbf it is not hard to be the best performance in that movie.

It’s either her or whatever Hemsworth was in there, those were both fun.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Look, there's no accounting for taste. If she's not the reich host for Bioshuffle, who are any of us to say that's wrong?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My favorite character is mostly just in Season 1, but I'd recommend seeing how much you like Season 1 (which is the most uneven and least silly-fun overall), and if you absolutely must skip ahead, skip to Season 2. Definitely don't miss Season 2.

Admitting to liking Hawkman in Legends of Tomorrow is a bold bold choice.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

ookiimarukochan posted:

Admitting to liking Hawkman in Legends of Tomorrow is a bold bold choice.

Oh God, no. I even liked Vandal Savage more than Hawkman! I meant Captain Cold.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m watching Six Feet Under on HBO Max for the first time and just finished season 3 and I loving despise Nate and Rico so goddamn much.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When I was younger I thought Brenda and Billy were acting masterclasses but they are so over the top in retrospect

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like CW is trying to do a Nancy Drewniverse by doing a backdoor pilot for an updated Tom Swift series in s2. Expect a Hardy Boys and Bobbsey Twins update in a couple of years.

Wait. Where is Nancy drew to stream? Only on the CW app or is it at Netflix. I've been meaning to watch it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bioshuffle posted:

how the gently caress is your nazi loving rear end not permabanned

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LionArcher posted:

Wait. Where is Nancy drew to stream? Only on the CW app or is it at Netflix. I've been meaning to watch it!

HBO Max

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm watching Nathan For You for the first time in my life. I am 6 minutes into the first episode, and he just told this PR guy he has a little dick, and I can't stop laughing. This man is amazing.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1321955644736303104

This is without a doubt the most hosed up thing I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ie-Q5fdctU&t=89s

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm watching Nathan For You for the first time in my life. I am 6 minutes into the first episode, and he just told this PR guy he has a little dick, and I can't stop laughing. This man is amazing.

Nathan for You is easily in my Top 10 tv shows for the past decade

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm watching Nathan For You for the first time in my life

You're in for a series of treats that culminates in one of the greatest hours of television ever filmed

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Wow Leslie Jones was one of the best parts of SNL for the last few years... :shrug:

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

It’s a game show with wildly easy puzzles based entirely around how many brands they can cram into a single half hour. Made even worse of course by the millions of people who can’t afford to buy enough food, much less brand name food.
It's supposed to be easy. I watched the original show pretty recently, and found all the episodes to be relaxing. The perfect show for tuning out at the end of the day.

Unfortunately, it's hard to relax with a host who can't stop yelling. I get that a lot of people love her, but her brand of comedy is definitely not for me. I decided to finish the episode. She is easily the worst part of the show. She comes off as someone who has to be the center of attention nonstop. I'm surprised the didn't give her an airhorn.

Then again, I also recognize that she has a few episodes to settle into her role. I hope the show takes the feedback (mostly negative from what I can find) and dials her down, along with the homophobic jokes which are completely inappropriate for a family friendly game show.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

She reminds me of former SNL members who play out their gimmick as their career circles the drain. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have an Adam Sandler of her own to put her in movies.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bioshuffle posted:

It's supposed to be easy. I watched the original show pretty recently, and found all the episodes to be relaxing. The perfect show for tuning out at the end of the day.

Unfortunately, it's hard to relax with a host who can't stop yelling. I get that a lot of people love her, but her brand of comedy is definitely not for me. I decided to finish the episode. She is easily the worst part of the show. She comes off as someone who has to be the center of attention nonstop. I'm surprised the didn't give her an airhorn.

Then again, I also recognize that she has a few episodes to settle into her role. I hope the show takes the feedback (mostly negative from what I can find) and dials her down, along with the homophobic jokes which are completely inappropriate for a family friendly game show.

She reminds me of former SNL members who play out their gimmick as their career circles the drain. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have an Adam Sandler of her own to put her in movies.

For every Mike Myers or Adam Sandler there's got to be at least a dozen Chris Katan's.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

ruddiger posted:

I’m watching Six Feet Under on HBO Max for the first time and just finished season 3 and I loving despise Nate and Rico so goddamn much.

Oh that season 3 finale was one of my favorite episodes of the series. Especially the Claire stuff in the cemetery.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

For the past couple days, I’ve been watching this 4.5 hour analysis of Twin Peaks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYnF5hOhuM

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why? It sucks.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Why? It sucks.
Because I hate myself and can’t get through the first episode of Queen’s Gambit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t worry, it gets a lot better from episode 2 onwards, once Anya Taylor-Joy actually starts playing the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Don’t worry, it gets a lot better from episode 2 onwards, once Anya Taylor-Joy actually starts playing the character.

Yeah the first episode is okay but it gets so much better