Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
https://next-episode.net/ is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Don't know where it's streaming, but I notice a clear lack of 12 Monkeys in your list.

12 Monkeys and It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Counterpart is great, too. Only 2 seasons!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This is the one I use too

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Talking of the Raid, I watched Gangs of London recently and that sure is something. Completely over the top action, violence and melodrama. Still don't know if I loved it or hated it. The best episode is a Gareth Evans directed one bang in the middle which doesn't really serve any narrative purpose but seems to exist just because he wanted to do a siege movie.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Junkenstein posted:

Talking of the Raid, I watched Gangs of London recently and that sure is something. Completely over the top action, violence and melodrama. Still don't know if I loved it or hated it. The best episode is a Gareth Evans directed one bang in the middle which doesn't really serve any narrative purpose but seems to exist just because he wanted to do a siege movie.

It's best not to think too much why a platoon of Danish mercenaries are assaulting a Welsh pub which is also a fortified underground ammo factory and just get on board for the ride.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New Looney Tunes is good. It's making the right people mad.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1269962645655957505

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am watching Gotham and well, it's not nearly as bad as I expected. Still on season one actually! Also it feels like the only appropriate cop show I can watch right now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

X-O posted:

New Looney Tunes is good. It's making the right people mad.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1269962645655957505

It can't form complex machines. Guns and explosives have chemicals, moving parts. It doesn't work that way. But he can form solid metal shapes. Knives and stabbing weapons.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

To god drat hell with the bugs bunny gloves

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do you want him to get dish pan hands

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Someone noted in another thread that in the first appearance of Elmer Fudd, he was a wildlife photographer, not a hunter.

Seems like a slam dunk to just return to that :shrug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I haven't watched Looney Toones, or indeed any Merrie Melodies in a long time, so I watched the first new one and was like "this is terrible, it's not nearly as good as the old ones" and then I watched some old ones and welp

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tiny Toons is probably the only thing that's safe to watch.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

I haven't watched Looney Toones, or indeed any Merrie Melodies in a long time, so I watched the first new one and was like "this is terrible, it's not nearly as good as the old ones" and then I watched some old ones and welp

Yeah, the old stuff is profoundly hit or miss. There are obviously some great bits, like Marvin the Martian (which is a good parody of war hungry capitalists) but a whole lot of chaff

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

zoux posted:

get yourself that bluray set with all of the best Looney Tunes and you've got probably 90% of all of the Looney Tunes you should be watching. (still better than Disney's shorts IMO)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The roadrunner cartoon is the only good Looney Tunes, and also the best show ever made.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
4th episode of Snowpiercer was really good. It kind of worked as a season finale, i was afraid for a second that was it until I googled it.

In the second episode I think they literally say "we are going to eat the rich", so i don't know how much more class conscious a show can get while still being made my a corporation.

Eager to say where they take the 2nd half of the season. There's no thread for it right? I may do one if nobody else is planning to.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every time I'm watching old Match Game on youtube and I see Marcia Wallace, I get freaked out all over again by how slowly she's aged. She must have the Dick Clark serum

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:lol: Space Force is trash, but at least it resulted in something positive.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

Someone noted in another thread that in the first appearance of Elmer Fudd, he was a wildlife photographer, not a hunter.

Seems like a slam dunk to just return to that :shrug:

?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

precision posted:

Every time I'm watching old Match Game on youtube and I see Marcia Wallace, I get freaked out all over again by how slowly she's aged. She must have the Dick Clark serum

Obviously she ran out, because she's been dead for some time now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

I am watching Gotham and well, it's not nearly as bad as I expected. Still on season one actually! Also it feels like the only appropriate cop show I can watch right now.

You're in for a ride, then. The first season suffers because it's a weird mish-mash of the Burton and Nolan aesthetics while still trying to be its own thing. It fully embraces the batshit insanity starting with the second season and becomes deliciously mad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This has absolutely nothing to do with TV but this is the only Chat thread I post regularly in so I have no clue where else to ask.

Is there some forum or thread for like "I just found some random rear end thing in a drawer and I have no idea what the gently caress it is?"

I guess it COULD have something to do with TV. I have no idea what the hell this thing is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

STAC Goat posted:

This has absolutely nothing to do with TV but this is the only Chat thread I post regularly in so I have no clue where else to ask.

Is there some forum or thread for like "I just found some random rear end thing in a drawer and I have no idea what the gently caress it is?"

I guess it COULD have something to do with TV. I have no idea what the hell this thing is.

Post it and someone here can tell you.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Just start a thread in GBS so they can tell you exactly what kind of dildo it is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate reddit and GBS so I'm taking Timby's invitation. Sorry, thread.

No markings, brand name, model number, or nothing. Runs on two watch batteries. LED lights aren't bright enough to make a difference. No idea what that metal bar is. It doesn't get hot or cold. It doesn't vibrate or anything so I'm not traumatized to have found a family member's sex device. I thought I was onto something but it is not a magnet. Its also not a stud finder. That was a random thought. No idea whatsoever. It feels like half of something but I can't figure out what the other half could be either. This is confounding me.

edit: Less lovely lighting.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 9, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Looks almost, but not quite, like a car escape tool.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

howe_sam posted:

Looks almost, but not quite, like a car escape tool.

That was my thought too. Is there something in that end bit like a blade that is recessed?

Here is is: http://zeffiroshop.com/zeffiro/car/...at-belt-cutter/

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 9, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I hate reddit and GBS so I'm taking Timby's invitation. Sorry, thread.

No markings, brand name, model number, or nothing. Runs on two watch batteries. LED lights aren't bright enough to make a difference. No idea what that metal bar is. It doesn't get hot or cold. It doesn't vibrate or anything so I'm not traumatized to have found a family member's sex device. I thought I was onto something but it is not a magnet. Its also not a stud finder. That was a random thought. No idea whatsoever. It feels like half of something but I can't figure out what the other half could be either. This is confounding me.

Base isn't flared enough. You're gonna get that stuck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sirotan posted:

That was my thought too. Is there something in that end bit like a blade that is recessed?

Here is is: http://zeffiroshop.com/zeffiro/car/...at-belt-cutter/

Wow, thank you.

I still have no idea what that is or what it does but now at least I have a resource to try and find out! You saved me a night of banging my head against the wall and signing up for reddit.

Also confirms that it probably came from my weird old aunt who gifts weird old people stuff.

PostNouveau posted:

Base isn't flared enough. You're gonna get that stuck.

What about doesn't get warm, cold, or vibrate did you not understand? I'm not just sticking any old thing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 9, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

STAC Goat posted:

Wow, thank you.

I still have no idea what that is or what it does but now at least I have a resource to try and find out! You saved me a night of banging my head against the wall and signing up for reddit.

It's a tool you can use to escape from your car if you're an idiot and decide to drive it into a lake or flooded road. The one end has a blade inside that your use to cut off your seatbelt, and the metal part is a hammer to break out your window. You could keep it in your car somewhere within reach with the hopes you can reach it/even remember you own it while you're panicking, or just don't drive into water.

I suppose you could also use it in the event you're stuck in your car and it's on fire, but I've only ever seen these marketed to people who I guess think they might drown in their cars someday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess that means somewhere in that drawer there's probably a loose blade waiting to stab me. I should check on that.

And then protect myself from the inevitability of drowning in my car after driving in the lake.

I'm gonna say this was on topic because, come on, that has to be on "As Seen On TV" purchase.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I have one that looks more like a regular rear end hammer buried in the center console of my car. My mom gave it to me ages ago because she's a mom and worries about such things.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

howe_sam posted:

I have one that looks more like a regular rear end hammer buried in the center console of my car. My mom gave it to me ages ago because she's a mom and worries about such things.

Yeah, back when I had a working leg and was able to drive, my ex-wife had bought one for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I got to use the one in my ambulance to bash out the window of an on-fire and upside down car. Didn’t get to use the seatbelt cutter, though, since the driver wasn’t wearing his.

Anything that concentrates force in a small area will easily do in the tempered glass of a car window, though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have a swiss army knife with a glass breaker tool on it. The marketing video shows a firemen using it to break car windows during a rescue. The problem is that it's really cumbersome to flip it out, especially when you're in distress. I think it's a gimmick feature for multi tools.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't drive but when I did I did have some kind of multitool, flashlight, and screwdriver in the console. I can't say I ever really thought about breaking out of my car or cutting my seatbelt. It was more of a "in case I need a screwdriver or a box cutter or something" thing. But I guess same general concept.

But I pretty much leave cheap flashlights and screwdrivers everywhere. Seriously, they're all over the place. Half the time I just lose them and start over.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 9, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Fun fact, one of the easiest things to break a car window with is a sparkplug. It's pretty freaking amazing how it shatters them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is this the right place for YouTube drama? Because Bon Apetit is having a real one today

https://twitter.com/sarahmanavis/status/1270069650060083207

lol only the white people are getting paid CondeNast is garbage