Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Shageletic posted:

According to the show he had his accident when he was 18. And I guess he meets the Doom Patrol at 24. So him hanging out with the Teen Titans is the superhero equivalent of the dude who graduated high school five years ago hanging out in the high school parking lot after school.

I haven't seen all of Titans, but only one of them is a teenager. The rest are all in their 20s as well, it's based years after the "Teen Titans"

For example, Dick Grayson is a police detective as of episode 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I haven't seen the Titans show but I'm not sure Cyborg was ever actually a teenager in the comics as a Titan. They just either dropped the "Teen" thing when they aged up or progressed it into a deal where the ex-teens were mentoring new teens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

I remember reading that Cyborg was introduced in Doom Patrol first to "mature into" the role he'd have on Titans. The split of the universes makes me wonder if they're ever going to have (a) Cyborg show up on Titans.

I think a lot of their plans changed when they dropped the last episode of S1 of Titans because the Doom Patrol was originally supposed to show up to help defeat Trigon.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I swear every dozen pages or so someone mentions Supernatural and then everyone has the exact same discussion about it for a few days and then the cycle repeats. The show must actually be good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mu Zeta posted:

I swear every dozen pages or so someone mentions Supernatural and then everyone has the exact same discussion about it for a few days and then the cycle repeats.

Carry on my wayward son...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really wish the music hadn’t been stripped out of the Netflix episodes, I tried to get into it and it was just weird watching S1 without the music.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mu Zeta posted:

I swear every dozen pages or so someone mentions Supernatural and then everyone has the exact same discussion about it for a few days and then the cycle repeats. The show must actually be good.

It's probably just me starting those discussions because I had on in the background while I worked from home. Switching over to Leverage now so that should stop.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1281011779594866690

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Following up tweet

"72,000 find out they were still paying for Quibi, Cancel Subscription."

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Do they have any content coming out that any demographic is legitimately excited for?

The only thing that I was interested in at all was the Raimi show but even the folks who liked it on this forum has at most mild enthusiasm about it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has any of the content on quibi been worth watching?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really wish the music hadn’t been stripped out of the Netflix episodes, I tried to get into it and it was just weird watching S1 without the music.

I'm thinking of doing a full rewatch but like i have the first 5 seasons on DVD in a box somewhere so maybe its worth the hassle of pulling them out for the classic rock. It definitely feels empty to watch without that. Post S5, whatever. As long as they sprung for Kansas.

But like, I need that Renegade scene.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wtf, the classic rock is essential. that's trash

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm thinking of doing a full rewatch but like i have the first 5 seasons on DVD in a box somewhere so maybe its worth the hassle of pulling them out for the classic rock. It definitely feels empty to watch without that. Post S5, whatever. As long as they sprung for Kansas.

But like, I need that Renegade scene.

Only season 1 had the original music stripped out for syndication. I've only ever seen it on Netflix (tho I bought season 1 on Blu-ray to take and get autographed at an Eric Kripke talk :allears:) and it seemed ok to me? I still need to watch my Blu-ray but guess I'm waiting for the show to end and then I'll do another rewatch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although it is pretty funny how at the end of the first episode they dig out a box of classic music and then on Netflix they don't listen to any of it ever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been cancelled! I wish I could say I was disappointed, but I haven't even gotten around to season 2 yet to have a full opinion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's sad, but yeah, I hadn't gotten to S2 either so why am I sad?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I really enjoyed S1 but now I am in no rush to watch S2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been cancelled! I wish I could say I was disappointed, but I haven't even gotten around to season 2 yet to have a full opinion.

It still has one more batch of episodes left to air so it will wrap up some poo poo i guess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Did they even get a chance to introduce the talking puppet cat?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is it just because there are other things to watch or did season 1 just not keep your interest in Sabrina in spite of finishing the season?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TV Zombie posted:

Is it just because there are other things to watch or did season 1 just not keep your interest in Sabrina in spite of finishing the season?

I think its the binging problem again. I liked S1 well enough but when S2 showed up a year or so later I had moved on and there were dozens of things ahead in my queue. So like some of it is my habits but some of it is that I guess I didn't like S1 enough to be excited to see S2 like with some other shows.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think Sabrina S2 dropped when I was busy with other shows or games. That and I didn't like the holiday special all that much.

It's super easy for me to put off watching the second season of something on a streaming service if it isn't a show I am beyond hyped and have been waiting for. I really liked Sabrina S1 but not enough to be chomping at the bit for more content.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It was based on a comic I love. They cast the actress I fancast for the lead. It's from the creators of Riverdale, a show I adore. It has witches and satan and lots of death and doesn't pull its spooky punches. Sabrina did literally everything it could to get me to watch that show. Everything except have an adorable sassy cat animatronic.

Hard pass.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sabrina was pretty godawful so this seems like a good decision

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love Kiernan Shipka and really enjoy her as Sabrina but her rear end shoulda been kicked to the curb they moment they realized she's allergic to cats imho

justice 4 salem

e: i'm p sure she didn't know she was allergic either until they started filming BUT STILL

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Escobarbarian posted:

It has all the ingredients to be great but somewhere along the way they just didn't gel. It felt too inconsequential and bland.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm willing to bet a lot of those Quibi subscribers are just people who forgot to cancel before the free trial ran out, next month's numbers are going to drop like Lowtax's Patreon.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I wonder if that factors in users from T-Mobile, like me; Quibi's probably getting some amount of money from T-Mo for me, but I'll never cancel because why would I?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mrenda posted:

I've seen the first three episodes (for anyone wondering it's BBC/HBO so it's definitely aimed to have 'the goods.') It absolutely nails the bad-stuff-happens/life-continues-despite-the-bad-stuff, and how people embrace the bad stuff with an almost humorous disdain for themselves and everything, comedic and tragic (but not stage-play tragic, more the despair of life.) It's also incredibly dense in material, a 30 minute episode feels like you've lived.

I feel like either it or me won't be able to keep up with it, which is a loving tantalizing proposition from a show.

Edit: I make it sound like a drama, which it is, but it's also funny as gently caress because life is funny, but it's not a "dramedy."
The sixth episode centres around a character thats never appeared before and (I'm fairly sure) hasn't even been mentioned before but its written and directed so well that it manages to pull you into one clear narrative, and then upends all of that with such a graceful touch that I'm kind of stunned how they managed to do it within half an hour.

For a show that I've been repeatedly told is basically just Michaela Coel doing a pretty good attempt of writing about the experience of her sexual assault, I honestly wasn't expecting something so surprising, moving, engaging and just...loving funny as this. I'm only half way through the show but I feel like I could talk about it for hours, but I can't in this format because I'd have to just spoiler the whole loving post.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Open Source Idiom posted:

Peace, you're good posters. Salut.

No worries, it's just that the post I replied to had you bold the words "lol random" and immediately quote my description of Danny Street.

So I think you can see where I was coming from ;)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I am so hyped for Umbrella Academy S2. I didn’t expect to like the first season but I gave it a shot and was completely hooked. The actor who plays 5 is amazing, in flashbacks he plays a kid really well, and in the present day stuff he completely sells the whole “60 year old with post apocalyptic ptsd” thing.

And apparently, that kid is an IRL superhero:

"He was named UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for North America in 2018 when he was 14, one of the youngest ever UN Goodwill Ambassador to be named."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Stop having bad opinions!!!!!

:p

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can I get a show about some adult witches? proper green witches, sick of this bullshit qt witches that are just regular women with no moles or green skin

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

Can I get a show about some adult witches?

I believe The Order has got you covered

Edit: also Motherland, I think

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

Can I get a show about some adult witches? proper green witches, sick of this bullshit qt witches that are just regular women with no moles or green skin

The Witcher?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just put all of Lily Rabe's scenes in Coven on repeat

justice for misty

Alternately watch Stevie Nicks content

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I had the Magnum PI reboot on in the background tonight and it came at me with this take I was not prepared for i.e. protesting.

“Most young people are so jaded these days, they won’t stand up for anything”

This episode came out today. This show is so loving bad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TV Zombie posted:

Has any of the content on quibi been worth watching?

The Princess Bride fan film for charity looks charming as all gently caress and has Carl Reiner's last ever performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I miss Lodge 49