Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Just a hard no on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Why don't you just bring back The Newsroom while you are at it.

https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1132101053929984000

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Olivia Munn's face at 1:48.

Sloan was the only good part about that show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sloan can never exist. It's like a wild fantasy charcter that's good at everything. AKA boring.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Meh, they're just doing a stage reading of "Hartsfield Landing" from Season 3, not any new stories.

How you gonna do that kind of poo poo without John Spencer

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Azhais posted:

I just want to know if they're gonna use that patented Alita big eye technology

while it would be cool, I don't think CW shows are at the level of budget where they can use full-on mocap Serkis people, and that was how Alita was able to pull off so much wild poo poo

for all the poo poo people gave Alita it's probably the biggest single leap in CGI in the past 15 years; they basically took the general idea of Gollum from LotR and made nearly the entire cast into Gollums, and it worked to the extent that people still don't realize Alita herself was 100% CG-mocap and not just the eyes

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

do not tempt the monkey paw please :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

people still don't realize Alita herself was 100% CG-mocap and not just the eyes

what

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMuRopLgxg

Behind the scenes stuff showing it.

If anyone was put off watching it because of the eyes, don't be. It was such a fun movie and everything really worked. I hope they do a second.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMuRopLgxg

Behind the scenes stuff showing it.

If anyone was put off watching it because of the eyes, don't be. It was such a fun movie and everything really worked. I hope they do a second.

Same. I wasn't expecting much when I went into it, and it's one of the most enjoyable movies I've watched in a while.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was definitely a fun movie. Don’t know that I’d ever watch it again, though

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Sloan can never exist. It's like a wild fantasy charcter that's good at everything. AKA boring.

The Expanse, on the other hand...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Holden is an abrasive rear end in a top hat

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Open Source Idiom posted:

The Expanse, on the other hand...

I think everyone on The Expanse has flaws

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

*enlightened centrist owns a progressive minority campaigning for basic human rights and says they're just as bad as racist conservative monied whites*

Aaron Sorkin Does It Again

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yeah. She's a Gollum, and honestly, she's probably the most impressive one in cinematic history.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Can't wait till The West Wing Thing podcast episode covering this. I don't know if Dave will survive it

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Klowner posted:

*enlightened centrist owns a progressive minority campaigning for basic human rights and says they're just as bad as racist conservative monied whites*

Aaron Sorkin Does It Again

When did that happen? The Republicans in the show are practically cackling villains with the exception of Arnold Vinick and he only came in after Sorkin was fired.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I think everyone on The Expanse has flaws

Yes, being boring cardboard cutouts of human beings

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
corona for some, miniature pelosi yas queen t shirts for others.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Anyone know of a TV Listing website that you can plug in a couple of movie titles and it can tell you when it shows up on a cable channel? Kind of like a wishlist or something that could email you within a week of something coming on?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

for all the poo poo people gave Alita it's probably the biggest single leap in CGI in the past 15 years; they basically took the general idea of Gollum from LotR and made nearly the entire cast into Gollums, and it worked to the extent that people still don't realize Alita herself was 100% CG-mocap and not just the eyes

What? The fact that she looks so obviously cg-mocap was a major reason why I was skeptical about the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Altered Carbon canceled. Personally not too sad as I really didn't like s2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it was crappy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Altered Carbon canceled. Personally not too sad as I really didn't like s2.

This was a mercy. I was kind of curious as to how bad a third season would suck though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

CBS is airing season 1 of Star Trek Discovery this fall because it's 2020 and we live in the topsy turvy world where streaming is providing content for network tv rather than the other way around.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/IncredibleCulk/status/1298730289737293824

The loving nerve

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Jokes on you you little jerk, I already felt old

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

bull3964 posted:

CBS is airing season 1 of Star Trek Discovery this fall because it's 2020 and we live in the topsy turvy world where streaming is providing content for network tv rather than the other way around.

More likely cause they don't have poo poo else to show.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

bull3964 posted:

Hell yeah, my procrastinating and being cheap paid off!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

bull3964 posted:

The implicit "It's never going to be free" is always a lie when it comes to the media landscape. FFXIV's creators said it'd never be free, so as to maintain a greater amount of quality, and now the original game and the first expansion are free, early WoW-style. I guess people with money might've thought "it's never going to come to network TV and streaming is the only way to watch it" and now it's on network TV.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

GreenNight posted:

More likely cause they don't have poo poo else to show.

Well, yeah, that's the whole 2020 bit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's remarkable how they managed to make ST Discovery look so expensive and yet the show is so boring

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As opposed to the other ST shows, which are just cheap and boring?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

How long are the episodes? They gonna cut em down for commercials? I know all the f bombs are gone.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

How long are the episodes? They gonna cut em down for commercials? I know all the f bombs are gone.

Yeah, their whole single one.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Do you think we'll see a difference in the typical release schedules/seasons due to all this virus stuff? Seeing that there is practically nothing on these days, does that mean the typical fall/winter/spring calendar will be different to what we normally experience? Granted, the majority of the non-streaming shows I watch are on the likes of HBO, Showtime, FX, AMC etc. and they don't adhere as strongly to the whole fall/winter thing but I'm just wondering if we're are going to have TV overload come April next year or we'll instead see a lot more content in say, January than we'd normally see?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It'll probably be like the writers' strike or something, I doubt we'll notice. Also some networks are going to fill the gap by airing shows they made for online, like CBS, or maybe even license broadcast rights for streaming shows they didn't make.

If it hasn't started already, I'd imagine that a lot of production is going to shift to places where the virus is under control, maybe even moving over seas. If production hasn't restarted in CA it will soon, I think. The real losers in all this are production companies in places like Georgia and Texas.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Even in places where its under control, there are restrictions in place that make filming of some shows difficult.

For example, Supernatural started filming their remaining episodes, but that show usually only has a handful of people on camera at once usually on a soundstage so it's not going to matter so much. Other shows though are likely going to seem a lot smaller scale. You aren't going to have really any on location shooting. You aren't going to have scenes with that many people in them (unless they are added digitally afterwards).

Even things like fight/stunts will be scaled down or eliminated to keep the number of people on set low.

Basically, were going to be seeing (likely truncated) seasons worth of bottle episodes.

I also question how many shows are going to be able to shoot concurrently in studios based on the restrictions.

Nothing is really going to get "back to normal" until the 2022-2023 season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Godspeed Corporate. You were the show we needed and could probably run for another 100 seasons