Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Rhyno posted:

What shows are ending in 2020?

Arrow and the 100 will wrap up, what else is finishing up?

Supernatural :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

That's a show that spends its entire runtime dunking on her stupid-to-harmful product claims, right???

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Iron Crowned posted:

Who Greenlighted this poo poo is the only good thread in CD

The movie poster and trailer threads are pretty good :shobon:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Open Source Idiom posted:

they cancelled ... The Son

TIL. Dammit.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Croatoan posted:

I think I'm actually gonna pay for CBS All Access just because of Picard. smdh at myself

:same:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Justified being on Hulu actually sucks because I don't have Hulu and now I can't re-watch it on Prime :argh:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

bull3964 posted:

I would expect "The Americans" to show up there also depending on what the rights agreements with Amazon are.

poo poo guess I should finally get around to seeing this then

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Recent years have had some iconic/memorable/well made/at least funny ads, I think this year just especially sucked.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

zoux posted:

I can't think of any, but I can still remember the Pepsi pigeons Danger Zone commercial.

poo poo I didn't realize this was from 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbr_nUVtEIw

I am probably biased since I live next to Detroit but this was the first one I thought of. Idk why Budweiser doesn't just make an ad with Clydesdale's every year, I am a sucker for those things.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 3, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Argue posted:

What are some good episodes of TV shows (movies are also okay) where the day is saved thanks unironically to the power of music? I'm thinking stuff like the ep of Chuck where Rush's Tom Sawyer saves the day, or last season's Legends of Tomorrow finale where James Taylor does. Steven Universe doesn't count because the songs just happen alongside events--it's rare that the songs themselves are the solution, and GotG doesn't count because that scene was just a distraction and not particularly tied to music. Preferably something where nobody in the scene winkingly goes "haha this is all so stupid and lame".

Mars Attacks!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Man, I was invited to be a contestant on a game show and after spending 11 hours in the contestant pool they cut me and sent me home. I’m super bummed. I went through multiple interviews to get there and they said in the phone call congratulating me that there was a “very small” chance of not getting onto the show, but not to worry. Ridic.

Sorry to hear that. :( What game show was it?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I am so glad I didn't end up bailing on Stumptown because this week's episode was so goddamn good. They better bring back Eoin Macken.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

mcbexx posted:

"Kumail did it. So can you!"

Kind of funny, considering Kumail himself said that it would not have been possible for him without a full Hollywood-style coaching team, including a personal trainer, nutritionist etc.

Oh, and basically getting paid to get buff.

But yeah, everyone can do it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I could be binge watching anything right now- movies that have been on my to-watch list for years, that show about tiger dude, literally anything- and yet I am watching this episode of Law & Order for probably the 27th time.

Help

:doink:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Well? Which one?

The CI ep where Peter Coyote gets Pablo Schreiber to kill an up and coming author so he can plagiarize her book. This ep even has a young Chidi (William Jackson Harper)!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ok I decided to finally watch the last season of The Good Place which has been talking up space on my DVR since October, lol

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hell yeah

Edit: he's an entertaining follow on Twitter as well

https://twitter.com/Chris_Meloni/status/1242213360273207296
:allears:

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 31, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

He was pissed that he wasn't getting more money than Hargitay. Very strange return.

I wonder if this means Law & Order: Hate Crimes is dead.

They just got renewed for 3 more seasons.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Hate Crimes is a spin-off that was announced in 2018 but delayed last year to revamp the concept and scripts.

Oh lol thought you were making a joke, I must have forgotten about this one

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Did the mods not get the memo that April Fool's is cancelled this year? :wtc:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oh god I completely forgot this was happening

https://twitter.com/peacockTV/status/1250593447729344512

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I was going to start season 2 of The Americans last night, and instead I finally got around to the 8 remaining episodes of Agents of SHIELD which have been sitting on my DVR since June 2019. Watched 3, have 5 left. Here are my thoughts-

1. drat, they were so good and now I don't even know why I got tired of the show and stopped watching it in the first place. Especially the episode of FitzSimmons stuck in the mind prison, lmao.
2. Watching the commercials and weather warnings and local news cut ins from what now feels like such an innocent, idyllic time was extremely weird.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Chairman Capone posted:

Also a third season of The Terror has been announced, with a few of the writers. The only one I recognize is Victor LaValle, but that alone is exciting to see.

Well, that's surprising.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dammit now I'll have to watch a star wars

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

howe_sam posted:

Looks almost, but not quite, like a car escape tool.

That was my thought too. Is there something in that end bit like a blade that is recessed?

Here is is: http://zeffiroshop.com/zeffiro/car/...at-belt-cutter/

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 9, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

STAC Goat posted:

Wow, thank you.

I still have no idea what that is or what it does but now at least I have a resource to try and find out! You saved me a night of banging my head against the wall and signing up for reddit.

It's a tool you can use to escape from your car if you're an idiot and decide to drive it into a lake or flooded road. The one end has a blade inside that your use to cut off your seatbelt, and the metal part is a hammer to break out your window. You could keep it in your car somewhere within reach with the hopes you can reach it/even remember you own it while you're panicking, or just don't drive into water.

I suppose you could also use it in the event you're stuck in your car and it's on fire, but I've only ever seen these marketed to people who I guess think they might drown in their cars someday.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Apparently Monster Garage is back and airing a new episode tonight?

Edit: idk why but Google alerted me to this but it does not seem to be scheduled to air at all yet :confused:

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 24, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oasx posted:

Why is everyone talking about SA dying?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

esperterra posted:

Prob the only USA show I ever stuck with.

Treadstone was real good and I hope it gets another season god dammit it got cancelled in May

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

precision posted:

Musicals are the anime of theater

This post is making me wish this thread could discover Takarazuka shows now

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Shageletic posted:

Me irl after watching the first season of Doom Patrol

I was all excited this past weekend to start watching Doom Patrol via HBO Max since I'd read Comcast cable subscribers had access to it for free, and then was very disappointed to learn I'd misread/misheard the news which was Comcast HBO subscribers would get HBO Max for free. :(

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Gaunab posted:

How the gently caress did Supernatural last 15 goddamn seasons. I like the lighthearted episodes but jesus! Season 10 has been an entire season where barely anything happened and also introduced Rowena and Claire who are both just horrible. Then they add some stuff about Frankensteins in the last five episodes like that's the same thing as an overarching storyline. Yeah, yeah, it's schlock and what did I expect but I hit my limit and wanted to vent.

You can't stop now, what with season 11 containing the best episode of the show: ep 4, "Baby", which is told entirely from the perspective of the car. It's hilarious, touching, and has one of the best music cues of the whole show.

At this rate I wonder if we'll ever actually get to see the end of season 15. :(

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Slamhound posted:

It isn’t The Winchesters, it’s Supernatural. Run with it.

I mean, they tried that twice and both times they were complete failures (Bloodlines is hands down the absolute worst episode of the entire show, yes even worse than Bugs). The entire show is built around the brothers, the core message is family. No Sam and Dean, no show.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Slamhound posted:

Maybe I expressed it wrong, but that’s kind of my point. The brothers should totally be a part, but in an overarching/wraparound role. The spinoffs were supposed to be their own things with little-to-no connection to the brothers.

Relegate the Winchesters to B-plots and let the B-cast take the MotW A-plots. Bring the boys back in for the season finales.

The spinoffs tried to replicate the existing structure instead of building from it.

Also, I’m thinking more of Wayward Girls which features Jodi and not Bloodlines which was pulled whole-cloth out of someone’s rear end. That was just terrible.

But what if I want more Sam and Dean not less. :colbert:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm thinking of doing a full rewatch but like i have the first 5 seasons on DVD in a box somewhere so maybe its worth the hassle of pulling them out for the classic rock. It definitely feels empty to watch without that. Post S5, whatever. As long as they sprung for Kansas.

But like, I need that Renegade scene.

Only season 1 had the original music stripped out for syndication. I've only ever seen it on Netflix (tho I bought season 1 on Blu-ray to take and get autographed at an Eric Kripke talk :allears:) and it seemed ok to me? I still need to watch my Blu-ray but guess I'm waiting for the show to end and then I'll do another rewatch.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Annnd dealbreaker. OG Law and order was 95 percent of why I wanted Peacock.

If you get basic cable you will find at any given time approx. 37% of the channels are playing Law & Order.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Not anymore. TNT doesn't do much Law & Order anymore, and USA just does SVU marathons.

Ah but now there is We TV and Ion! We TV is actually airing all of L&O Vanilla right now, where was TNT and USA were only ever showing the later seasons I feel like.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

esperterra posted:

realtalk the Mary Stewart series owns

:hmmyes:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Alhazred posted:

God, I'm starting to get hooked on Forged in Fire. Will it cut? WILL IT CUT:byodood:?

It is a fun show, and now I am really enjoying the "Beat the Judges" spinoff they're doing. David Baker has some serious talent, but it was also extremely satisfying to (spoilers, maybe?)see J. Neilson constantly choke under pressure, considering he does nothing but talk poo poo about the contestants on a normal ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Is this the first entry in the new One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Cinematic Universe?