Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I didn't realize that The Outsider was being made in to a TV show. Are they going to bring back Ralph Macchio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Random trivia question for you keepers of knowledge. I'm looking for a Friends episode that had a scene involving Rachel and Chandler. Something happened in the office and Rachel basically said she'd lie and tell all the Friends that Chandler had a big dong. Next scene is at the coffee shop and Phoebe tells Joey the rumor, and he quickly shoots it down. Any idea what episode that is?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

esperterra posted:

The One With The Cuffs.

e: it's s3 or s4 i believe

You're a wizard! Thanks!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How is the show Monk? Does it hold up well? I've never seen an episode of it but I've been looking for something to binge...

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just finished season 3 of Ozark. Good season. The kid drama was the worst, and so was the brother.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Been missing baseball. Just finished the pilot episode of Brockmire. Seems like it might have some potential!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Been looking for a new show to watch. Scrolled past Broadchurch on Netflix. After Jessica Jones, I'm a fan of David Tennant.

Is Broadchurch worth getting in to?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Been looking for a new show to binge, and I see Person of Interest is available on Netflix now.

Is that show worth watching? I don't know too much about it. The trailers make it seem pretty generic but the reviews seem surprisingly good...

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just binged Ted Lasso over two nights. Was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something new.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Working my way thru Brooklyn Nine-Nine. On season 3, not bad but feels like the weakest of Michael Schur's shows. Gina drags things down, not sure if it's the actress or character but not a fan.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

bull3964 posted:

All of the follow up suggestions in that twitter thread are pure gold too.

"loving kfc man maybe if you put your social media budget into mopping your drat loving floors youd actually have business" - Twitter user Flork

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I wonder how Michael Scott, or the Parks and Rec Dept of Pawnee would have handled the pandemic. :smith:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Dunder Mifflin would be a remote office atm and Leslie Knope would have offed herself when Trump was elected

Michael Scott, the man who hates being alone, would be remote? No way. He'd find a way to classify the office as essential, especially Stanley.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

oh jay posted:

Sometimes I get exhausted about people talking about what an episode of the Office would look like in X event. It would probably make for a good Seinfeld episode.

I've watched a lot of TV but I've never sat down and watched a full episode of Seinfeld. I should work on that.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mu Zeta posted:

Wanted another season of Hannibal? Too bad because we are getting Clarice instead. And it's on CBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyjypTSKNs

Booooooooo! Booooooooo, I say!

Also, I read an article talking about a show called 'Normal People' being a really big hit on BBC. Never heard of it until today. Worth checking out?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

STAC Goat posted:

I still haven't watched S3 because the S2 finale knocked me on my rear end too much I needed a break.

Hannibal S2 finale is one of my favorite episode of television.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

I really enjoyed the first few seasons of True Blood but I don't have high hopes for this.

RIP Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette)

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Unpopular opinion time. I'm not a fan of Bob Odenkirk as a leading man. I think he is great playing the side character (e.g. Breaking Bad) but I'm not big on him in Better Call Saul. Admittedly, I'm a few seasons behind on BCS so maybe he has improved.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Hakkesshu posted:

Odenkirk is great, but he isn't carrying the show on his own. It's a fantastic ensemble cast and it's pretty laughable that someone like Rhea Seehorn has not won every acting award there is.

I think I like BCS despite Odenkirk, not because of him. The surrounding cast and characters are great. Maybe my opinion of Odenkirk will change after I catch up on the last few seasons. It won't, he stinks as a leading man.

Don't ban me!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Re-watching some 30 Rock. I don't know if there has been another show with more jokes per minute.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
The Stand is due to premier soon on CBS. I just had to look up who they cast for Tom Cullen.

M-O-O-N spells this has all the makings of a flop.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

GreenNight posted:

I'm in no matter what. Could use a pandemic show right about now.

I love the book and really want the show to be great but the trailer did not fill me with confidence.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

DrVenkman posted:

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1338840858175606785?s=19

Starting the story part way through is some bullshit. Instead it just sounds like they've remade LOST.

Well, that eats a hot fart. The beginning was some of the best parts of the book!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is the Expanse one of those shows that takes off after a few episodes? I think I got thru 2-3 episodes and couldn't get in to it.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Anyone end up watching The Stand last night? Thoughts on it?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I don't know how or why they could gently caress up Stephen King's best opening so badly.

Well, that certainly wasn't the impression I was hoping for. <:mad:>

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just watched the first episode of The Stand. What a disjointed mess they made of the best parts of the book. :(

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just finished season 6 of Brooklyn 99. Gina is the worst, and I'm glad she bounced.

Also, Hitchcock and Scully need to bounce. Not sure how the show has carried those characters for 6 years.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 22, 2020

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
As I finish my Brooklyn Nine-Nine binge, I'm realizing that they completely ditched the Boyle/Rosa romance that they were trying to develop in season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Binge watching Superstore, just started season 2. Dina is the worst, I hope she either changes or gets less scenes.