Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just looked at my calendar for see what's coming up and holy poo poo Homeland is in it's 8th season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slamhound posted:

The first episode has what is to my mind the absolute most hilarious and crushing joke ever.

Bill/Phil’s last wish: ”I wish I wasn’t dead.”

P.S., the crow flies at midnight.

Guess I'm going to re-watch NewsRadio this week. Still my favorite show of all time I think.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

pahuyuth posted:

Starting The Last Ship. This is gonna be some crazy goofy fun poo poo, isn't it?

Yea don't take it to serious and it is just a blast of fun

Tex is still the best

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

So happy Omundson is going to be apart of this one

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

Tonight's Westworld: "Hey, you liked Person of Interest, right?"

I really do so and just about to start watching in a few minutes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

Oh poo poo, a stealth reboot of XIII!

(I've been watching The Blacklist since the pilot and the only thing that keeps me watching is James Spader)

100% agree with that. Spader is the sole reason I watch. I still love his little rants and stories of the past. No one else could do Red justice.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TV Zombie posted:

Yes. The songs were amazing. I am sad that it didn't get that next season and that it wasn't nominated (or won) any awards.

While I wish it continued on the fact they were able to even get the 2nd season to finish up the show was very lucky and I think it was a stratifying ending.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/1275429854414925824

I thought the fifth season was already billed as the final one

I believe it was to end at 5 but rumors came out Ellis would be up to stay for a 6th. Great news!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

The complete series is $25 on iTunes. Tempting. I need more spy shows. Condor looks ok but it's on some nothing network nobody heard of.

ABC did a 6 episode mini series on Aldrich Ames, one of the biggest traitors the US ever had, entitled The Assets. I love anything spy related especially cold War Era and I would say it's pretty good and fairly accurate to the true story from what I remember. Paul Rhys nailed playing Aldrich.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ugly In The Morning posted:

USA stuff in general tends to poo poo the bed after 3 seasons or so. God drat Burn Notice got dire.

Burn Notice and The Metalist both did the "That wasn't the final bad guy! There was another above him!' thing to the death. It really ruined the shows so much. And even till this day slightly ruins most shows that do the same. I just rarely can take the reveal seriously.

Timby posted:

White Collar never ran out of steam through its sixth seasons, and I think Royal Pains wound up being remarkably consistent for its entire run.

Agree on White Collar. If they did a 7th I don't think it would have kept that same steam. They burned to many relationships in the show to make reconciliation work I think. Also, Mozzie was the best.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Burn Notice definitely burned too many bridges by ending a season on Michael finding out who burned him and then it getting retconned the next season.

Been a while since I watched but just skimming wikipedia this seems to be the chain

Phillip Cowen → Carla/Managment → Vaughn/John Barrett(?)→ Anson Fullerton
And after that it was just CIA agents or others constantly doing the good guy/bad guy turn till the end

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But then they actually killed Red John on The Mentalist and they had to quickly retool the show because they got renewed(or an extended season order then renewed idk). So in a way it was the worst of both scenarios.

The scene with Red John's death was :discourse: though.

Oh yea it was a great scene

I think Bruno Heller actually stated really early in the show that Red John would never be revealed until the final season. Which sort of took the mystery out of the show when every season did a "We finally got him!"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

ShakeZula posted:

Covert Affairs was awesome

It was. I watch anything with Oded Fehr in it these days

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

Blindspot ended it’s run with a dumb ambiguous ending.

*loud Whoopie Cushion noises*

I thought the ending was quite clear. They wrapped it up really fast in the finale and still wasn't that good.

Just happy Jaimie Alexander is free from the show and maybe appears again in the MCU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

GreenNight posted:

Is there a thread yet? But yeah the episode blew though episodes of plot. I appreciate that.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936898

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Can't wait till The West Wing Thing podcast episode covering this. I don't know if Dave will survive it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
David Tennant is amazing in Des portraying serial Killer Dennis Nilsen

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/clark-middleton-dead-the-blacklist-twin-peaks-kill-bill-2-1234793399/

Loved his character in Blacklist. Him and Spader were great together. His small Fringe appearances were always good especially in the final season.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The SoA threads were amazing especially because of Ghost (I think? Might be wrong!) did a write up after each episode just tearing it to pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp_5pDOa-o0
Next week HBO Max is going to air a Heaven's Gate docu-series.

Awesome. Love me some crazy cults.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 25, 2020