Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

My friend made a supercut of every time Joe Pera introduces himself https://youtu.be/pgJstoQR0kg

Joe is so wholesome. I love him. I'm watching season two now but episodes 9-11 are locked and require a cable provider login, which I don't have. Some of the previous episodes were temporarily locked while it was airing, so hopefully these will be unlocked too eventually. I guess I could just buy those three but I don't really want to do that either. This is a real dilemma right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Is there a thread or subforum for discussing Little House on the Prairie? It's on Amazon Prime now so I assume most folks are watching through it lately but don't know where to chat about it.

I used to work with developmentally disabled people and a large part of my day was spent watching Little House on the Prairie. I got pretty invested in it over time, although I thought the later episodes where Laura’s married were kind of boring. I remember there was a cool Sorceror/Wages of Fear episode but with a horse and buggy.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I'm a bit surprised nobody's done that yet either. I'm skeptical any modern production could or would even want to maintain this degree of wholesomeness. There's been quite a few times where I've been like "poo poo, she's going to get eaten by this animal" or "oh god this guy is going to fall into this waterwheel and snap his bones all horrible," or "yikes, this old man in the mountains is totally going to take advantage of this little girl in the woods" but nothing really horrible happens. I mean, so far a baby died from sickness and one powder-monkey dude exploded to demonstrate how dangerous quarry work was.

Once their house got "raided" by a couple mexicans dressed like native americans and all they did was stab a pillow, laugh at the feathers inside, then Laura gave them Pa's tobacco tin and they left.

Yeah, it's way too wholesome for modern tv. Although some dark stuff happened, like (some shocking Little House spoilers ahead) Mary going blind and refusing to accept it and then when Albert accidentally burns down the blind kids school and kills Mary's baby. But the show doesn't dwell on it. Even when bad poo poo happens it's just like, well that's life on the prairie I guess now let's all go to church.

Some fun Little House trivia: Jason Bateman had his first role on the show and the guy who played Mary's husband went on to create Malcolm in the Middle.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

-Blackadder- posted:

How can I watch Better Call Saul S5 without paying a ton? It's not on netflix and I tried that AMC Premiere thing but apparently I don't have the right MyDish package.

It’s on Netflix for everyone except the US. I ended up just buying the season on Amazon though. It was $20, but I’d binged the whole series over two weeks so I was desperate for more.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t Nick Searcy a loonytoons born again right winger? I was dissapointed when I read about that, he was great on Justified.

Yeah, this isn't the first time he's posted a bunch of crazy stuff on twitter. At least he's sticking to wrestling this time.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Zero One posted:

Joe Pera is a national treasure.

He's a cool breeze on a warm apple night.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Can I just say how glad I am to see all of Lea Michele's former castmates coming out of the woodwork to drag her on Twitter? Even the comments made in her defense are still just "Yeah, she's terrible to work with and made my life hell, but she's not pure evil."

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

On a semi-related note my mom told me that she just got Disney + solely to watch Hamilton. I wonder how big of a bump they're getting from that. Also, what is it about Hamilton that is like catnip for middle-class white liberals?

My mom also got Disney+ just for Hamilton. I think a lot of those people think progressiveness is largely measured by the types of media they consume, so watching a musical where Thomas Jefferson is a black guy gives you points in diversity and racial justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Wasn't there a thing not that long ago where Netflix got a weird edit of a movie?

They had a version of a gay romance movie that had the sex scenes edited out. The director and a bunch of other people complained, Netflix just said it was the distributor's fault.