Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hello TVIV goons. I love you all and hope everyone had a rad new years.

Thanks for being one of the most chill subforums despite the many disagreements and differences that crop up when discussing tee vee on this dead, gay comedy forum. Y'all are great, and I'm not just saying that b/c I might still be feeling some drugs from last night!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Personally I am very looking forward to the Wheel of Time adaption that's coming to amazon later this year, it's one of my favorite dumb fantasy series and the casting info they've already released has me optimistic that it will be worth watching.

:same:

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I am so afraid WoT is going to be bad. They should’ve done an adaptation focused on the original War of Power or the Aiel War or even the Seanchan. It’s going to be a tough adaptation... although imagining the Aiel history as Rand goes through the trials actually being shown could be amazing.

My biggest fear is they try to Game of Thrones it - although hopefully they edit out Mat getting raped and everyone laughing at him for it (because men can’t get raped)

:yeah:

Rosamund Pike as Moiraine tho. Will be worth it even if the adaptation ends up not being great.

Chairman Capone posted:

Y: The Last Man is one of my favorite comics. I remember very closely following all the news of the supposed movie development a decade ago. I really am hoping against hope that the show does not end up sucking.

I wish they would have made it way back when Shia LaBeouf was being tossed around as a potential Yorick. I honestly think he woulda killed the role.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Spinning Out is very good so far!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ovenmaster posted:

I mean they could go the Hercules/Xena route and just make it campy as gently caress, but I don't think that's going to hold people's interest very long.

This worked for Legend of the Seeker!

God I wish that show had gotten more seasons.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Will & Grace revival has been good tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's a great physical comedian!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Toshimo posted:

Legend of the Seeker was better than it had any right to be given the absolute dumpster fire of the source material.

:yeah:

e: or SMASH ^^

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tea tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Luckily Aziz already sucked before it was revealed he's an incredibly pushy date.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I liked Moffett's version of Jekyll actually.

same tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Croatoan posted:

It was great until the last episode and then lol if you enjoyed that turd of an ending.

I honestly can't remember how it ended, and apparently I should keep it that way!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Open Source Idiom posted:

There's a lot to unpack here but:

Torchwood wasn't a kid's show?

I think they meant Dr. Who, which is definitely a kids/family show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC one problem with the remaster is that they couldn't actually remaster every single episode because there were issues with some of the masters.

Another problem is that Batman Beyond is bad

:)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

That bong ain’t gonna smoke itself.

I partook of a doobie this morning, tyvm!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't want to go into the thread for spoilers but regarding The Witcher; is anything actually achieved by making the timeline of the show non-linear or is just for a twist or showing stuff off?

Yeah, they give you big clues about it via dialogue/etc from episode one. It's not a twist at all, just the only way to tell the short stories without relegating Yennefer to the back three episodes and Ciri to like the finale. They're all main characters in the saga, but those two are barely in the first two short story collections.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vintersorg posted:

Marriage Story is so goddamn good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Crusty Nutsack posted:

is anyone else still watching Shameless or am I the only one subjecting myself to this out of some weird sense of obligation? my god is this season dumb.

I quit when Emmy Rossum did.

Also gently caress YEAH The Nanny is on Prime Canada.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That Leo joke tho lmfaoooo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress's sake The Nanny is so good from the start.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

are you seriously that out of tv to watch?

nah I just saw it on Prime and felt the undeniable urge to watch some

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Svetlana spinoff when

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

What message is she trying to send here?

Insert jade egg whilst steaming the yoni

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's in The Politician.

Which barely counts b/c her husband helped make it and she always shows up in his stuff!!

But she owns. As an actress. As a person she is an incredibly amusing hot mess grifter.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

swickles posted:

I use some DVD's, like I got Scrubs with the original music so suck on that.

I use a bunch of DVDs that are the only way to watch something with the original music. Or for commentaries!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

She wasn't in Spider-Man, that's for sure.

lmao that's prob my fave paltrow moment of the last decade

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Nanny is very good and has been a great way to start 2020 tbqh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The writing's so much quicker than I remember it being. Granted, I haven't watched it since I had a TV to catch reruns on. There's a lot of stuff I missed growing up even tho I've seen every episode so many times.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Nanny just dropped a Boxing Helena joke and this pleases me

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Niles was the best part of the Nanny.

Fight me espy

But you're speaking truth, Niles owns.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Today, I learned there is a Russian adaptation/remake of The Nanny that was so popular it remade the entire original episode order, then paid writers of the original show to help make more episodes-- some of which ended up being based off of scripts and ideas that were passed on during the original show's run.

Also there are a ridiculous amount of foreign language remakes of this show.

e: there was even a Spanish language American remake for Univision a couple years ago

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Davros1 posted:

I looked the Russian version up on IMDB, and the photo gallery has a thousand pictures dedicated to it.

I'm really tempted to see if I can track down a subbed version of it ngl

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Lol remember when Arrow came out and was good and people were like “ooooh I hope this gets renewed “

The exact opposite reaction I've had to watching Batwoman.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm always shook when I'm reminded Niles' actor is American.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Well that wrestling gif is just confusing the situation.

It really is. But it's such a good joke.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

word

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

But half the fun is the Nanny teaching us the beauty of thinking in Yiddish, smdh !!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I had forgotten how many jokes The Nanny has about how ridiculous Cats is, and that Mr. Sheffield passed on it b/c it was complete nonsense and he has an endless rivalry with Andrew Lloyd Webber for the whole show.

the nanny is very good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

It's is going to be a long year if you keep banging this drum, boss.

Nah I'm already halfway through season 3. I'll be over this by next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

is the young girl who gets naked in Californication the same one who gets naked in Twin Peaks

yes