Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

my only real experience with Wheel of Time is that my dad read all the books and I recall always buying the new ones for him as Christmas presents. We also bought him the computer game and that was all I ever knew about the series so if the upcoming show doesn't have something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLgT2-Q5wNk my 10 year old self will consider it a failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Is there a TV IV thread for good youtube channels? I've been watching DBZ Abridged, FF7 Abridged, YGO Abridged, Red vs Blue, RWBY, and some other stuff, and wanted to share abou tit.

If you want a good FF7 abridge to watch I recommend this one

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Which Colin F is that, the guy who played Bullseye or the guy who was in The King's Speech?

I always get the last names mixed up

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Lost in Space is super weird because I do not understand how some of these people are in positions of authority

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

bull3964 posted:

My issue is it's 10 episodes and I really don't want to pay for more than 2 months of All-Access at a go. There are other things I want to watch on there right now ("No Activity", finish up "Strange Angel"), but i'm not sure it's enough. I'm torn by my desire to see Patrick Stewart play Picard again and my refusal to spend more than $20 to do so.

Couldn't you wait a couple episodes and then join at a point where you wouldn't have to pay more than 1 month for the service? I mean the episodes aren't going to be unavailable after they air

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

esperterra posted:

I'm changing my answer, anime peaked with Interstella 5555.

I feel like a lot of things peaked with that

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Croatoan posted:

That would involve us moving out of our current social structure and talking to people we don't know and may not even agree with. You do realize we're all goons, right?

Wait, y'all don't just post in random threads that suddenly catch your interest?

That's what brought me here (also this being the only place where shows I was watching were actually being talked about)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Things like this is going to become a lot more common as the kids who grew up with YouTube as their version of TV age into adulthood.

I thought this already started a decade ago when stupid poo poo like the talking orange got greenlit on Nickelodeon? Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, though

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know the answer is “Tom Hooper”, but who the gently caress would consider that a good idea with a cast full of actors who aren’t known for their musical experience?

I'll give you Russell Crowe and Redmayne, but Hugh Jackman started in musicals before he got into film.

The problem I have with most Hollywood musicals since Moulin Rouge: they keep getting made by directors that don't know how the gently caress singers sing, that's how we get casting decisions like Gerard Butler as as the Phantom, or why Emmy Rossum (who grew up singing at the Met) switches between sounding like someone who has never sung in their life and someone with even a little bit of technique.

Baz Luhrmann produces operas, he knows how to direct singers because he's been part of that process and knows how to use all the tools in his toolbox.

This rant brought to you by an opera singer that is sick and tired of Hollywood trivializing how loving hard it is to sing well

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so I decided to check out Black Mirror, I'm through the first 2 seasons and the Christmas special and I have just one question:

is there some reason why cuckoldry has been a major focus in each season? History of You, in season 1, shows us an insecure guy who thinks his wife is cheating and his suspicions are true and to top it all off of course she has unprotected sex with the other guy while she and husband are trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure what the point at the end of the episode was because I was so turned off by the premise.

Then it happens again in the loving Christmas special, I mean Jesus Christ I know communication can be bad between people but this is loving ridiculous!

15 Million Merits was good (I feel bad for the ignored girl but you know, she could've given ginger boy a little more attention once she realised Bing wasn't going to come around, he seemed like he could use anything :smith: ) and White Bear was pretty awesome in terms of executing a concept. I honestly thought that it was going to be a sort of Running Man type thing and the other girl was going to be revealed to also be a sex pest or something. Nope, nope turns out that society has deemed it a-ok to torture this one woman in perpetuity and make some money on the side by getting the public to pay to participate

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

ashpanash posted:

You've hit the peak of the good stuff. It's all downhill from here.

well that's not encouraging, though I think I will continue just because there aren't a lot of episodes to work through. The cuckoldry isn't a regular theme is it? Because once is fine, twice is making it look like a pattern and it's not a good one, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Women aren't obligated to give men attention hth

that's not the point I was making. It doesn't matter that she's a woman, she could have been a guy and it wouldn't have changed the meaning of the scene I'm talking about. He was trying out different hairstyles for his avatar and was showing it to someone whose opinion he must have valued (seeing as he didn't show it to the scumbag next to him) and she brushes him off, doing exactly what Bing did to her.

Her gender doesn't matter in this instance, it just demonstrates that everyone is lovely and tunnel-visioned