Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Okay fine I'll watch Evil

didn't realize it was from the wife husband team who created good wife and the good fight. That's an instant win for me and I'll add it back to my list once DISCO is all up and I can just pay for a single month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Why are more people not talking about the Haunting of Bly Manor? It's freaking sooo good. The last scene had me sobbing.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

why can't a billionaire like Babylon 5 and buy it from WB for like 200 million, and then give JMS the rights and a four or five year commitment to a new series :(. I want more B5 with modern day effects. (and re do the old effects and then put them out on Blu-ray finally).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Aren't most people from B5 dead at this point?

set it later on the timeline. New cast. Just same universe. Basically in sci-fi very few villains have had as cool design as the Shadows, and I want more of that sort of thing.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

zoux posted:

All six seasons of Dawson's Creek are coming to Netflix November 1 so if Trump wins re-election I will be retreating back into my high school life and only watching UPN/The WB dramas for the next four years. Birds of Prey!

Everwood had better be on your rewatch list. Not enough people talk about how great it is! The wrong dude from that show went on to be super famous! (though having a brother/sister team end up both being in the marvel universe is still pretty funny).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like CW is trying to do a Nancy Drewniverse by doing a backdoor pilot for an updated Tom Swift series in s2. Expect a Hardy Boys and Bobbsey Twins update in a couple of years.

Wait. Where is Nancy drew to stream? Only on the CW app or is it at Netflix. I've been meaning to watch it!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

You know what show should become either a Netflix show or a franchise of movies? The real adventures of Jonny quest. Modern. Quest world VR. Jonny and Jessy as the main leads. Hodgy is gay. It would be legit. (No, shut up about V bros it’s not the same thing. Parody of something doesn’t mean the thing can’t be remade better).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

howe_sam posted:

You're sort of getting your wish because CW is reportedly planning a Tom Swift -- the spiritual father of Johnny Quest -- show as a spin-off from Nancy Drew.

No this is terrible because it will be total trash and not what I want/imagined but I will watch and love every second of it, as I do with all CW shows and don't tell anyone. Except 100, that was legit just good/great and totally insane which helped.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm curious if season two has updated so they aren't dead naming him. I was literally about to start watching season 2 this week, but I'll wait out of respect for Elliot. (I've always really liked them as an actor. Also curious what future releases of Inception will do. My Blu Ray won't update itself).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I don't know if they are going to change the credits or not, but the"Starring" info for the listing in Netflix is already updated.

Just saw that. Very cool. I guess I know what i'll start to watch tonight

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

they need a PS5 app yesterday. Frustrating. I need HBO MAX on my new space ship!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Folks, go buy Apple and Disney stock. Thank me later.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Is anyone watching Alex Rider? Amazon prime with ads but super solid

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I finished it and it was enjoyable but man, do the people in his life do him no favors .

Yes. A serious daredevil tv show problem in that series. Still very well done and the main actor has huge potential

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ruddiger posted:

It’s also odd to ignore the posters who go all in and refuse to acknowledge any kind of critique on their precious media.

Star Wars fans are a land of weird and extremist contrasts.

I have mentioned that I like all three sequels in the main Star Wars cinema thread and people just can’t handle it and have to talk poo poo about ROS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Shonda Rhines new show, Bridgerton, is an utterly shameless mashup of Pride and Prejudice and Gossip Girl.

It's also bad.

I've started calling the Gossip Girl character Gossip Trollop, and Jonathan Bailey took his shirt off, so I'm gonna watch another episode. But i don't think it'll get good.

A very silly critic for vanity fair who gets paid for hot takes says the show is good but has a sexual assault in episode 6? And this is being argued about online. Some saying it is, others saying it’s not.

She also then says Wonder Woman 1984 is great and makes no mention of apparently the much clearer sexual assault because white feminism?