Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That new couch smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Thread title doesnít have ďCouch ChatĒ in it and is therefore invalid

Fuckk I didn't even notice, mld what are you even DOING

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thank you to whoever restored order and comfiness to the thread title.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah and it had a really nice ending

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

less laughter posted:

she's a series regular on a Netflix series but go off I guess

??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm just not sure the relevance. Her being a good actress doesn't stop her from being a snake oil seller.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

Gah, no no rules

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Mindhunter s1 was good but 2 becomes a really dull typical procedural outside of the interview sections.

Yeah I fell right off mid s2

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

If you want a glimpse of the real Bad Place, you should go check out the TGP thread.

I saw where it was headed and bailed. Alas they are truly lost

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just watched Parasite yesterday and it ruled

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

noice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ignis posted:

Sex education got renewed for a third season

https://twitter.com/netflixuk/statu...2880347137?s=21

yay!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oh

ok

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

My dad is watching some show called Westworld.

There was just a scene where they played an orchestral arrangement of some song from the 60s that I canít remember the name of, and then a bullet exploded out of a manís nose and painted an old-timey piano with his murder sauce.

Where can I find more of this poo poo?

Good news you've already seen the best scene in the entire show!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Croatoan posted:

Gonna have to disagree. Animals belong in their native habitat. Not kept for entertainment.

This is an extremely simplistic and ignorant viewpoint. Zoos are for much more than entertainment, they work really hard to pursue education and conservation. Animals in good zoos aren't plucked from the wild willy nilly. They're rescued or bred in captivity. Many zoos have what's called a species survival program which is dedicated to breeding species and fostering genetic diversity across multiple zoos around the world with the hopes of keeping endangered species from going extinct. Many zoos are run by organizations like the WCS that have branches operating all over the world working with local people to protect animals and their environments in the wild.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Animals that canít survive in the wild is one thing. Breeding wild animals in captivity is immoral to me.

How is ensuring the survival of endangered species immoral? The American Bison exists in the wild today thanks in part to breeding programs at zoos and such programs are still crucial to maintaining and increasing genetic diversity of populations that human action has reduced to unsustainable levels in the wild. Zoos are a vital tool in the fight for conservation of the wildlife on our planet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The goal is to keep it from coming to that as much as possible. It's a tremendously complicated issue and will vary from species to species. The thing is we are extremely good at destroying things and protecting them can something feel like a losing battle. But there are still people and organizations around the world who are trying to save as much as possible. Like I said, zoos are just one tool in the conservation toolbox. They just happen to be the most visible one because ONE part of their function is to make wildlife accessible to the general public. To teach people about what is being protected and to hopefully make them care about it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's no "maybe" about it. I can't speak to your personal experience but it isn't reflective of zoos as a whole.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

more like better call kim

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I think there was a line about how new york was all he could manage to sneak out or something? IDK its been a while.

It can definitely do more, but with their limited resources it makes sense to only give them localized things.

It gets much more broad as they do as well over the course of the show

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pentyne posted:

One of the best forum/show interactions I've ever seen was when people were live posting season 3 episode 9.

oh no who's going to save Fusco?

HE SAVED HIMSELF BECAUSE HE IS A loving BADASS!

Lol I can't believe someone else remembers my finest hour

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't skip episodes you fucks!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm watching through every disney animation studios movie and then I'll do pixar

I've seen most of them before but it's cool to finally watch the ones I missed. And I've been reading up on the history of their production along the way so it's been really interesting, even for the bad ones. And there are some stinkers in there for sure. Been a really nice ongoing quarantine project.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I also watched Hamilton going in blind and thought it was just ok

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What they did with the Observers was certainly disappointing and a lot less cool than everything they implied about them and how downright weird they were in previous seasons. However once you accept that disappointment and roll with it there's still plenty of great stuff in season five.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Season 1 needs to be watched as it's foundational to everything that comes after

Also because it's good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

why god WHY

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amazon rentals are 3-4 bucks not 30

It seems ridiculous to me but who knows what people will do

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dear god why won't they stop

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's time to get the loving gang back together, the Dexter thread will arise once more

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

After season 2 was when they forgot that the only remotely interesting part of the show was any danger of Dexter getting caught, not him fighting with other serial killers. It was all downhill from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

esperterra posted:

Oh, the original showrunner is helming this Dexter revival.

Kinda gives me hope this is an excuse to go back and wrap the show up properly, aka Dexter getting caught and loving executed.

You can't make me hope again esperterra

i won't do it