Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I think there was a line about how new york was all he could manage to sneak out or something? IDK its been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Milo and POTUS posted:

WOW. QI is even odder without an audience than any other show. They really added a lot and were one of the best contestants

omg they got to the audience less shows already? Actually does this series have fewer shows because of covid?

e Oh wow Johnny Vegas is looking older

Ok I kinda of like this relaxed atmosphere. It's ten minutes in and they are still on the buzzers!

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 26, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, that was the same defense for the 30 Rock episodes. The joke was how offensive the blackface is.

I think its pretty fair to question why white written shows like Community and 30 Rock thought blackface jokes were fair game even if the joke was "isn't blackface so offensive?"

But mostly I'm white so like, I sure as gently caress ain't sticking up for it.

Well the two black swans joke wasnt that great

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I guess the reasoning there would be that the joke is that it is Alec Baldwin identically so like you'd never use another actor. Still its probably entirely unnecessary to "brownface" him for the joke (and I admit I don't think I noticed it or at least don't remember it) so still problematic in that regard.

And yeah, I'd guess the fact that "blackface" is a real, tangible specific historical thing. Its still like offensive historically when Fisher Stevens goes "yellowface" for Short Circuit, but its definitely got some different context in America for obvious reasons.

It always just looked like the telenovela lighting to me tbh

Also, Netflix does have content warnings at the beginning, albeit rather unobtrusively in the corner iirc.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

TheAardvark posted:

my guy got makeup lines like the president

oh dear yeah. that is very trump. given the character its hard to imagine that its meant to rag on him.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

isaboo posted:

The new Unsolved Mysteries just dropped on Netflix!

e: bleh. the first episode is nothing special. there's not even a host! not that anyone could replace Robert Stack. at the least the theme is the same

oh boo thats disheartening. and im definitely gonna get to that thread for it...

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931014 :getin:

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 1, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

esperterra posted:

Athena also has BoA appear to play herself in a couple episodes which is silly fun t b h

wait BoA is a person? kpop idol?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Arist posted:

Did you guys hear about that one History Channel show that found a picture of a guy in the 70s or whatever and theorized it was actually Hitler still alive in Argentina and did complex facial analysis to "prove" it and seemed pretty confident they were onto something? Well, a YouTuber did a reverse image search and you'll never guess who it turned out to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maeO6Isb_So&t=2307s

:eyepop: holy moly :lmao:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah YouTube or downloads probably your best bet just because it was controversial enough back when it aired, Netflix et al would be unlikely to reopen that can of worms.

Reasons: Gandhi is portrayed as a party hard dude who doesn’t really care much for other people. Everyone in the show is an exaggerated stereotype, but India really took offense to it.

ive played enough civ to know this is true, tho

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about esp over the years it’s that she automatically hates anything more than one person has told her is good

Hey esp, sunmi is good >=)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

esperterra posted:

wow, wrong

good is not a strong enough word to describe how much 4d sunmi owns

Gah, you have outwitted me

And I get irrationaly annoyed at how 'fantasy' castings are always either super famous or super popular. There's one I saw going around about fantasy casting for harry potter's dad and his friends: Dr who, Loki, Sherlock, and Bilbo.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

esperterra posted:

It's making me wanna rewatch the very good Sailor Moon musicals tbh

:aaaaa:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

swickles posted:

I saw so many R rated movies of varying genres when I was a young kid, but the only time I can remember getting scared was the alien abduction episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.

In the thread i mention the queen mary episode as having freaked me out as a kid

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
That last one has a very high that-one-survivor-melon-mishap-slow-grin-gif energy

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
gently caress that girl, be with that job.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yeah, speaking of I just want my wayward sons to carry on

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Far be it from me to disparage fanfiction (lmao) but fans make the worst writers

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovBrewer/status/1281437190115872770

Well just throw former governor Jan Brewer on the getting the wrong moral message from Breaking Bad pile

To be fair we've been doing nothing but half measures in this country

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
technically the c4 would disappear as well as whatever it blew up too, so it should get harder and harder to do as more and more explosives disappears! Also makes people thing randy was in the loop as well?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I'm a little high and my wife is watching classic Unsolved Mysteries and these reenactments are trippy as gently caress.

I can never tell if they have the actual people doing some of the reenactments. I've seen every episode at least once (so obviously i had to make the unsolved mysteries thread) and yet im always unsure.

May just be a face blindness thing tho

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I always wondered what states like wyoming did in place of texas history as a kid

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Bruceski posted:

In New Mexico we talked a bit about the Conquistadors and tribal history (nothing detailed, just enough to not pretend bad poo poo didn't happen which is a fair bit more than most folks seem to get), and also made fun of Texas history.

Thanks to the textbook consortium being steered by Texas, even Wyoming learns Texas history.

remember the alamo :texas:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

...QI already done?

I wouldn't be surprised. The probably got cut short early by covid and only had time to do the two non-audience shows.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
adblockers worth even more pennies

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
wait wasnt it showtime that did that weird 4th series of torchwood

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
lmao did you make that boa gang tag or did someone else, esp

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
smh why am i not surprised

Also like i said so long as they can translate the flying well I will be hopefully optimistic

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why don't you just bring back The Newsroom while you are at it.

https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1132101053929984000

do not tempt the monkey paw please :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
THere's also horror over owning what was once a human being

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

esperterra posted:

is this another obligatory gay chloe sevigny moment b/c i've never heard of this before now but i am here for it

e: also this looks p good

same. The music for that trailer not being the standard trailer music was very refreshing on its own lol

^^^ OH poo poo SERIOUSLY?? I thought wed have to wait for another year or two!!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
who even remembers being 13

thats like what, 8th grade?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ah so its a different conde nast shitstorm from the bon appetit bullshit

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Is evil still technically around or has it been a casualty of covid? The ending of s1 is loving BONKERS

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
OK, is Haunting of Bly Manor a re-release or remake of something? I know I've seen that 'american nanny comes to spooky british manor' thing before.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
omg https://twitter.com/theanimaniacs/status/1315343864798928896

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
only texan DQs are real DQs

do other states even get steakfinger baskets?

e: pretend i cross posted this to the texas politics thread

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

isaboo posted:

I'm sad any new TB won't have Lafayette, RIP Nelsan Ellis

What??? No!!!!!!!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Michael Emerson is god tier :allears:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Wait her talk show wasn't just an snl sketch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
idk i want dexter to fully get away with his crimes