Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, apparently Netflix is doing a chose your own adventure story to continue their (quite good) Carmen Sandiego show. This feels kinda weird, but given the origin oddly appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"Dead to me" is so good. I just watched the end of episode 2.6 and that was awesome.

It's a fun show with a tightly knit cast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean there's going to be "a very special episode" moment of them going through 9/11 just like the JFK assasination in Mad Men.

I sort of would have wanted to have another season of fresh of the boat, just for that. It ended in the year 2000, or early 2001.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Upload is really good. I just wanted to check out the first episode, watched the whole thing.

Nice mix off science fiction satire in a corporation owned hellworld and schmaltzy love story. Also the cast is ridiculously pretty, like surpassing CW shows pretty.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So far, season 2 of The Politician is quite great. Peytons opinions on showers are absolutely correct.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

So far, season 2 of The Politician is quite great. Peytons opinions on showers are absolutely correct.

Holleee loving poo poo. The premise of the finale is so incredibly good. It's absolutely stupid, but great.
The previous episode was also really good and ended with
a goddamn tie. And now the ellection gets solved with rock paper scissors. Both candidates try to get into professional Roshambo mindsets

Also, Infinity is so great.
"This is worse than the time you didn't have cancer and I didn't tell anyone about it."
"Th-That bad?!"

Love this stupid show about various kinds of sociopaths.

Edit: Actually, the rest of that episode was a bit boring. Well the season was still fun.
EDIT2: Oops. There's one more episode...

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 19, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Gonna miss you guys, it's been real.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Season 3 of search party came around. What a weird show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Really enjoying Search Party s3. A lot funnier than 2 imo

Dory is scary. Probs for the actress. The season was really good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Huh. That feels like a weird thing to serialize. I guess the quality would vary wildy depending on what particular personality traits that guy might have. For all we know, it might be capitalist/fascist.

Also I fear they will not do Kim justice. One the one hand he's a good guy who happens to be a cop, on the other hand such kind of fiction is dangerous to portrait.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 26, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Today I watched Hamilton during an exhausting 6 hour train ride. I really liked the voices of the female singers and most of the songs were quite good, probably because I am not into actual rap. It was a decent way to spend some time I desperately wanted to pass.

But yeah, it feels a bit too glorifying for a bunch of white slavers who were desperate to evade taxes... Also depicting the lack of support for France against England as a clever and good decision rather than an act of betrayal was uncomfortable. Most Americans probably don't even know that the revolution was pretty much a proxy war. The only reason France didn't come to collect afterwards was the fact that they had some struggles of their own.

And even if he may have been smart, Hamilton was kind of an idiot if he actually agreed to a duel after his son already had an unnecessary death this way.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 5, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

She's the best new character of the last decade. Whichever decade started immediately after Jaime Reyes debuted.

I disagree. Gabby is better.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Guys, if you have the flimsiest idea about the concept of chess, watch The Queens Gambit. It's incredibly good!
Anya Taylor-Joy is unfathomably beautiful in that role. But looking at her is kinda unnerving. I think it's those cheekbones.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 1, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Tyler Whitney posted:

what the gently caress is going on in this thread

I was trying to make a picture of her face to demonstrate why this reaction is entirely reasonable and justified. But apparently Netflix does not allow making screenshots, so I guess I will simply steal the header picture from this article.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

Welp it only took 3 days lol

What did? did something happen 3 days ago, I am not aware of?

What an awful snipe.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

So just to be clear, it's okay to find attractive people attractive again?

No. Trump is still president, so you are mandated to be into his form. It was an executive order.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 3, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Is there going to be a TV IV show ranking this year? I could actually come up with some genuine great shows this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Also: best Christmas-themed episodes of TV shows??

Every one of American Dad.