Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bong Joon-Ho and Adam McKay are making a Parasite limited series for HBO, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Goyer She-Hulk thing was hilarious for just how clearly he had no idea what the gently caress he was talking about on every conceivable level

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I never watched Voyager, but they loving murdered Tuvix, holy poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's kind of a shame, Lindelof said he wanted other people to be able to play in that space

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The core premise of the first Watch novel is that the Watch is basically obsolete because Vetinari, the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork, (pretty correctly) surmised that the only way to deal with all the loving crime was to effectively legalize it through the Guilds. The Thieves' Guild runs all the thievery (though you can pay them a fee to not get robbed). the Assassins' Guild runs all the murder, etc. Any thievery or assassination done by non-guild members is strictly punished by the Guilds.

Alternatively:

https://twitter.com/thomas_violence/status/473334014061707265?lang=en

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a marketing gimmick I've seen a couple of times now. Also by nature of the way YouTube ads work there's probably an actual YT video that it redirects to if you click on the ad. They just want a small percentage of viewers to do that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean....

that's clearly the joke

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mordiceius posted:

The first couple seasons of Community were good, but I felt like it quickly went up it's own rear end.

I mean, it did, but in a good way. Seasons 3 and 6 are the two best seasons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

Netflix has announced they're making a live action One Piece series. Which seems... weird.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, what

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Speed Racer is great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not even that controversial an opinion on the internet these days, come on

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

pentyne posted:

Don't respond to Guy Mann it only makes him dumber.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?lang=en

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BONG

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IT'S HAPPENING

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The reason no one's explaining the plot is because it's a movie best seen cold

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like anime dubs because I'm a voice actor nerd :)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The "contrivance" is more the fact that Poe "died" in the last season.

I'm not complaining though, he was the best loving character

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

How the hell did Wolfenstein pull it off, I wonder?

probably through plausible deniability

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey! How are all of you doing? Shut up, I don't care! Funimation is streaming Paranoia Agent on their site and you can watch it for free (with ads)! Do it now! It's a great series and I guarantee you've seen nothing like it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

your wife sounds cool

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My dad finished rewatching Season 1 of Fargo today. He started on Thursday.

He also watched seven episodes of Season 2 today alone. Dude loves him some Fargo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Watchmen thread was a special kind of bad, one poster in there complained about the entire show beginning to end, despite finding nothing of any value in it, and wouldn't stop either watching the show or posting about how much they thought it sucked. And then after it was over they continued to try to convince people that it was objectively bad by the metric that it didn't have Game of Thrones ratings for its premieres. Despite HBO being, you know. A subscription channel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, every mega popular show thread has at least one of those posters.

I tried on numerous occasions to get this dude to actually articulate any sort of meaningful criticism that wasn't just some rote thing like "derivative" or cheerleading a different negative opinion someone else posted and he just refused to do it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He was good in BR2049

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chairman Capone posted:

I liked him in 2049, and the movie overall, but I do feel like the entire movie would have been stronger without any direct connections to the original. Just another detective on another case in the same universe.

I don't understand why people say this about 2049, the entire movie is built off the first one. It's okay not to like that, but when you say "it should have been unconnected" you're not even really criticizing 2049 so much as imagining a completely different movie with a different story and characters.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It got the coveted "my dad" endorsement

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1235619786278572032

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyone watching Dispatches From Elsewhere? How is it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Gobert hasn’t been confirmed yet tho, right? Just seems the obvious guy to assume.

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/1237791921742979072

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

So Teen Titans Go did an episode making fun of the way internet people hated Thundercats Roar without ever watching it. Which ends with original Lion-o showing up from the cartoon afterlife to declare that Thundercats Roar is the official successor to the original show and anyone who hates it sucks.

Teen Titans Go is amazing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna bring back the rewatch thread in these trying times, would people be more interested in the first season of Arrested Development or Community?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was incredibly bored so I threw it together right now:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917519

We're watching Community.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gaunab posted:

He uses his powers to solve crimes? I thought he just asked people what they want and then make snide remarks/hit on the DETECTIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_sMrsOVJU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That chart tells you almost nothing. It's mostly useful to find out which episodes got review-bombed or that people still think the single best episode of Breaking Bad is boring.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m sure a hefty hefty portion of those Fly reviews are also just dipshit anti-TLJ neckbeards who went and review bombed every single Rian Johnson listing on IMDb.

I feel like you're giving them too much credit, because if they did that they'd have to in the process learn that he made their favorite episode, "Ozymandias"

Again, not to be confused with the best episode, which is "Fly."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ok, I absolutely have to see the SVU episode ‘Intimidation Game’ it seems.

Pretty sure it's just the Gamergate episode and got review-bombed for that. I doubt it's even particularly interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Inspector 34 posted:

I want West Wing to come back and do an episode on the importance of social distancing.

I want The Newsroom to come back and do this, but like, four years after everyone stops giving a poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I took the bonus survey and it asked me if Britta from Community is "high IQ" or "low IQ" and that's probably the hardest question I've ever been asked in my life

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

extremely loving cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

I personally don't, but not everyone who is gonna read this thread knows you well enough.

"I don't like that show" is not much more typing than "its a bad show"

Counterpoint: who gives a gently caress