Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you guys are taking requests i have a couple of 90kg rocks for the trebuchet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

All those years of buying chicken nuggets for nothing :negative:

Think of all the free steroids you got.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like someone combined Twilight & The Almighty Johnsons, and set it in Norway

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

It's hard to ignore someone who's been accusing me for 7 years of something extremely reprehensible and at one point 4 years ago found my Facebook (lots of goons used to know my Facebook so that's not too odd) and sent friends of mine horrible messages (which is odd)

Mods refuse to do anything about it :shrug:

Edit: I'm referring to Occupation, not Guy Mann, I now realize you may have been referring to the latter

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Is your intent here to make me feel bad for being stressed out about someone who is pretty clearly insane and who knows my real name because Uhhhhhhhh

Just hope it never happens to you. Love you man.

He's a oval office and your a drama queen whos been singing the same song for years. You guys should either gently caress, or meet in the desert and see who walks out.

Either way, you need to shut the gently caress up about it every time he pokes his head up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

He did it just a couple weeks ago in Games, out of absolute nowhere.

And if he would drop it, I absolutely would, as evidenced by the fact that I completely forgot about him for around 2 entire years, I think 2015-2016, when I never saw him mention it.

But then he did.

But yeah I'll drop it in this thread and take it to QCS or whatever

It's just weird to me that I'm somehow in the wrong here. I did mention the offsite stalking right? I'm pretty sure if someone were doing this to a more popular person, like you, there would be literally anybody on my side. What he's doing is explicitly breaking the forum rules and is loving insane!

Edit: Rocksicles, I tried to PM you and it didn't work.

Don't PM me, I don't want to discuss anything with you that can't be said in here. I'll tell you what i'd tell anyone else who wants some Rocksicles sympathy. I'm as interested in your sob story as you are in mine.

There are about 3 poeple in here i would listen to complain and they are smart enough not to try it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone remember Fraggle Rock?

Good times.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

When did the third season of Van Helsing come out

Rumour has it, if you type it in to google, the answer will appear.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

I've only seen s1 but I like that the show had the guts to try a “But Who Could Be the Killer in Our Midst” plot with Christopher Heyerdahl looming in the middle of the scene. I bet it's the six foot four shambling ghoul, what do you guys think

He was in Togo as the kindly mayor and I was ready for Willem Dafoe to walk on on him elbow deep in dog guts, dude always plays a creepy bad guy. Tom Noonan too

He was also the best bad guy character in Stargate Atlantis.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

Hot drat this thread is better than most tv I've seem lately. So was there anything at all good new on network TV this fall? I didn't really have a chance to see.

Todd?

You bet your sweet rear end Todd.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

He had the best creeper voice ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieFlQs21uA

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You bastard: my wife's been complaining about this nonstop since you posted it! :argh:

Your wife reads your TVIV career?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nemesis_hub posted:

Just finished episode 7 of Jett. I mostly lurk here but no one I know has even heard of this show and I had to find a place to say something about it. Sweet gently caress this show is something else. It starts out seeming like a fairly simple thing and by ep 7 it’s this pretty singular hybrid of genres and aesthetics.

Does anyone if the score for the show is available anywhere?

Not yet, but theres a list of the tracks they used. I've been keeping an eye out. Might be time to bend cinemaxs ear on twitter.

https://www.what-song.com/Tvshow/100446/Jett

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

He asked first, and I said yes! All part of my master plan to eventually force everyone to watch Utena lest they be perma banned from the subforum, clearly ...

We've been wise up to your plans since day one, we have a contingency

Croatoan posted:

Japanime peaked with Akira :corsair:

This old goat gets it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

I really don't read Reddit so I had no idea about any of that.

Hard to put one over the hive mind.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croatoan posted:

Thanks for all the spoilers! Really cool!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khanstant posted:

I love the rules as written in the rules thread. It's a matter of courtesy. If you're a Courteous Good poster, you will thoughtfully invoke spoilers based on context. Chaotic Courteous, "if it's aired it's faired!" Chaotic Discourteous is buying spoiler banner ads and PMing people spoilers. There's 3x3 grid of spoiler morality here and I think True Neutral is the approach for the rules. Individual thread cultures and enforcement seems sensible enough.

As for on the Couch, I don't think couches get rules, that's not a couch, it's a theatre! Sometimes your friends are jerkass spoilers, sometimes they are cryptics who won't even tell you why a show is worth watching out of fear of spoiling.

Are you loving drunk on ethics farts?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So HBO's The Outsider is all kinds of dark and grippy.

Our fav coke fueled writer agrees
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1216771105471520768

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Dunno who decided to shoot it like the Winterfell nightshoot from Game Of Thrones.

I don't know what that means

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

Wait, was that Lee Adama??

Yeah, he's been the boss the last two seasons, he's a badass.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Philthy posted:

Just watched both of these last night and enjoyed them quite a bit. I had no idea it was a Stephen King thing, but I'm really digging where this might go now that I do.

Contrast and brightness -4, blue hue +2.

Oh that's the prestige filter., Limetown was the same. I don't care.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic posted:

2017 was 3 years ago??? :wth:

It was also 2 years ago. :actually:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Walker: Texas Ranger starring Jared Padalecki because I guess they're okay with his legal problem.

Filming in Vancity?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Great, now i'm gonna get lost down another Doomsday Prepper binge hole.

Don't go down the fallout shelter rabbit hole, i was watching videos of a guy running septic systems with an excavator, nek minute i'm 2 videos in to a fallout shelter company beef with some redneck dude wearing a trump t-shirt and a maga hat, having beef with some other guy selling steel coffins to people.

Took me hours to get them out of my suggested videos.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 15, 2020

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a guilty pleasure of listening to apocalypse books when i'm in a bad mood at work. If you only knew how many doomsday preppers try and write zombie fiction. i have a pile of audiobooks i've stopped listening too because some Steven King wannabe hits you with the old "Liberal snowflakes" in the first chapter. Then the next chapter is a laundry list of stuff in their dream zombie shelter. It's terrifying.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alhazred posted:

"What if Memento, but dumber?"

Say hwat?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croatoan posted:

It was just an ask. Still can't believe that guy wanted to be a mod.

Good times, is that why he loving bailed for 5 months in protest?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

WHO MODS THE MODERATORS

I don't know, Coast Guard?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krazyface posted:

Didn't that thing get killed ages ago, like a month after it originally leaked?

It got jammed in the HBO too hard basket.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Try talking about TV on reddit, it's a loving disaster.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reddit is very gross, but it's also the funniest discussion platform on the entire web. Don't subscribed to controversial subs, don't say bad about MGTOW or dog owners. I think those two might be linked in some way, i'm investigating.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I know a lot of people bailed on the CW shows but the Crisis crossover was everything a comic book fan could ever want. It was so good!

Shill!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croatoan posted:

I find that trying to discuss any TV or movie stuff on Reddit is unpleasant. Everything is a huge dogpile and it doesn't matter if it's critically acclaimed or touted as dogshit you're more than likely to get a weird reactionary flood of bad opinions. It's like the Watchmen thread but every single discussion.

You should see the cooking threads when anyone brings up Claire vs Brad on Bon Appétit, which is ridiculous. Everyone loves Brad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

People on Reddit are very dumb and have bad taste. They aren't interested in film or TV as anything other than flashy colors and sounds.

Plus, Claire is the real MVP. Chris Morocco is a close second, but Brad is like... 5th place at best. But it's also just a dumb reality show dressed up in nicer clothing.

LIES!

The real answer is Gaby

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

Her personality is great, but her food is rarely exciting and she doesn't have her own fun high-concept show yet. Until then she's kinda the wacky neighbor. So that makes her my #3.

I'm not about exciting food, i like poor people food. But Gaby, Priya and Brad are my top 3. and Delaney :argh:

But The Agent of Chaos: Adam Rapoport, is the wild card.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khanstant posted:

No artist has to be good forever, as I get older I'm more okay with artists who you just kind of stop paying attention to, their life's best works before them.

Versus? Why would such a discussion ever come of, they're both obviously delightful.

There are some broken people out there/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I enjoyed Avenue 5 and 68 Whiskey, also wasn't unimpressed with Cobra. I'm super keen for October Faction in a couple of days, and Picard looks like something i might enjoy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Star Trek does need more threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vincent posted:

God, episode 5 of Warrior was some good loving Western! It was nice to finally see a version of what Bruce Lee wanted to do with the original idea of Kung-Fu after all this years.

That's was my episode of the year. Any show.