Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oh my god I knew he looked familiar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Avenue 5 has definitely building and building the intensity each week. You couldn't really start with where it is in episode 8 so I appreciate it starting slow in order to make the last few episodes as fun to watch as they are. I can understand not having much interest from the first few eps though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

A couple of things I noticed on my rewatch:

Jack never actually accomplishes anything. Knowing the future plot points exposes all of his actions as ineffectual and pointless.
Sawyer is the only character in the entire show with anything resembling an arc.
Charlie died for nothing, passing along that information didn't change the outcome of anything or help at all.
Desmond has a lot of the best episodes, but his romance sub-plot feels like the worst schlock now that I'm married.

One thing that still kills me is that Juliet never sees or even acknowledges her sister, even though she was her sole motivation from her very first appearance.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Looten Plunder posted:

The reason I ask is After Life, which uses it about 10 times an episode. It seems like it's said with a question mark, but yeah, it's normally responded to with a reciprocal "alright?" or understated grunt/acknowledgement. So is After Life set in the North West or is it more widespread?

literally 90% of the conversations i've had with my cousin's husband have been "alright?" "alright."

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

NBC recast her into 30 Rock because she was prettier than Rachel Dratch

That was Jane Krakowski, not Tina Fey.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm really sad about Naya Rivera. It's kind of embarrassing now but Glee, and Santana, were really important for me when I was figuring out I was gay as a teenager. What a tragic thing to happen.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I enjoyed Lost the whole way through but it's incredibly funny that in the last season they just gave up on any kind of cohesive answers to what the island was and just said that it was the "source of light" that "all men wanted" and it could be stopped by literally putting a plug in a big well.

The main draw for me was the character journeys, though, and on that note I was satisfied. The tragedy of John Locke? What a story.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I recently binged all of Evil with my mum, and we're both extremely sad now that it's over. Great, weird series.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

Watch The Good Wife then. It's the same creative team.

Oh I'm a long time Good Wife fan. Although in lockdown time, maybe it's due for a rewatch?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ohhh I'm excited

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Bioshuffle posted:

I know the novel was written back before feminism and strong female characters were a thing

I have to bring this out of spoilers for how funny this is. 1983, before feminism was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

zoux posted:

Well they're excellent examples of toxic men on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

oof this Gizmodo review of the new Animaniacs is real bad

What? Animaniacs making obscure references to pop culture from 40 years earlier! I don't believe it. Also lol at the Appeal to the AP Stylebook. And it's mean about shows she likes

This from a retrospective on the original show

Maybe the Gizmodo reviewer has neither seen nor heard of the original show

'A reference to Seinfeld's "Dingo ate your baby"'

is the reviewer aware that's a) itself a reference to a movie and b) based on real life events