Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DC Murderverse posted:

Fun fact:

At the beginning of its run, That 70's Show was set in 1976. The show premiered in 1998. So if you were to make a show in the year 2020 that was set the same amount of time in the past, you could have the characters all gather around the television and watch That 70's Show!

Actually, the gap between Happy Days' setting and its actual air date was only 19 years so we really ought to be getting our early 2000s nostalgia sitcom any day now. I assume it will be on ABC since they've already got two sitcoms set in the 1980s and two set in the 1990s.

Just have Mission Hill pick up where it left off so we actually get something good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

P&R has tom haverford, Andy Dwyer and Ron swanson. The office is looking pretty good

Pander posted:

I will say I genuinely laughed uproariously at a yoga crime scene mid season 2. Someone had fun time fitting a fantastic sight gag into the show.

What was the gag?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

For some reason I thought it was a later episode. Nevermind.

Chairman Capone posted:

I love The Office and I rewatched a big chunk of it over the holidays, and I think a big part of it still holds up. Really the only parts I thought dragged were most of s6, the latter part of s7, and s8. The bit at the end of Goodbye Michael when Pam talks about how Michael was hopeful, not sad, still manages to get me.

In terms of late-season casting, I thought Kathy Bates was terrible, and James Spader had a lot of promise in his first episode with the interview and then you can tell he just completely lost all interest in the role (and/or the writers just had no idea what to do with him and took the worst possible choices). Ed Helms was also completely incapable of stepping in for Steve Carell and one reason the final season is so good is that Helms was gone for a big chunk of it. I think the later seasons of The Office actually made me hate Helms.

The first season with Helms as boss (and Spader as CEO who works out of the scanton branch?), I didn't hate him too much. But he must have pissed off like all the writers or something for the remainder. God he became so unlikable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Aziz ansari's best work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRwxNgUnjxs&t=162s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Tupac is in heaven

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chairman Capone posted:

I tried rewatching the Irene Adler episode from the beginning of season 2 a couple weeks ago as I remembered really liking it when it aired and I haven't seen it since. I don't think even the "good" Sherlock has aged very well.

I thought it was a lousy detective show but a pretty decent superhero show. At the same time, I have no interest in ever rewatching it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I had a customer once get absolutely enraged when I said I didn't care for the show. I didn't even say I hated it, just that it didn't work for me anymore. Dude flipped his poo poo and I thought he would actually attack me.

People are batshit crazy man.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

less laughter posted:

Ooo there's a trailer for the vagina steamer show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MunlAm7IGsE

They even made a cartoon about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jXEuIHY9ic&t=61s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

Sadly I think commentary tracks are going to relegated to directors deciding to record one on their own time and upload the audio to YouTube. Once again, Aronofsky was ahead of his time with The Fountain.

Did he do this with The fountain?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is there a Outsiders thread? Georgia doesn't have 4 million people...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Croatoan posted:

Georgia the state is over 10 million. You're thinking the country.

I wasn't the one who said it!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Started watching Justified. From the beginning this time. I think I've started it before in the past but didn't get too far but I've also watched like random episodes here and there and figured I may as well figure out who some of these people are.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I liked it better when it was called American crime story season 1

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

High maintenance is back and still solid.

If anyone watches, what is the roof garden he is on during the toilet dance. I don't think it's Brooklyn Grange or Javits

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 8, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

No Fox cartoons for another week huh? That's odd. Anything big on tonight?

e: oh, oscars? Yeah that'll do it I guess

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Next week!

I keep thinking I'm going to update the Bob's burgers thread, then I realize some other special TV event is going on.

:hfive: That's exactly the one I was interested in

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm catching up on evil and just got to the accidental doming. Holy poo poo. Was this what everybody was wtfing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Anyone watch the dispatches form elsewhere show? it's odd

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gently caress hollywood

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I realize that's an extremely bold and controversial take

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

The ones not doing terrorism have changed the style to "binLaden" as a symbol they're not that Bin Laden. Unlike the last of the Hitlers, who either changed their name or vowed never to have children.

No no no as you can see my name is Hans Hotler. No relation at all! Oh, this? Have you never even heard of charlie chaplin

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Springfield springfield is gone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So now that springfield shuttered, is there a good or even any place to find scripts all in one place. God I loved that site

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

What?????? gently caress!

I know! I am low key devastated*!

My last show I looked up on there was High Maintenance season 4 episode 5

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

zoux posted:

Stay the gently caress away from Chris Evans you piece of poo poo virus

gently caress Chris Evans.

Marry paul rudd. Kill...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bowmore posted:

the worst part is he's stuck in Queensland

Is there no end to god's cruelty

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gonz posted:

Season 3 of Westworld starts tonight, you rat fucks.

Why do you think they're prepping

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is that the ocean?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bull3964 posted:

There is more good stuff out there than any shut-in can reasonably watch in a lifetime. I cannot fathom people watching poo poo just for poo poo's sake.

I watched the entire second season of paradise PD

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe they'll drop fargo early before I die

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

They delayed the season’s premiere lol

What on loving earth is the rationale there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bruceski posted:

I'm very pleasantly surprised that Elementary managed to duck all that. Holmes and Watson have a relationship that grows as the show goes on but it's never a romantic one. As least in the seasons I saw, I really hope they kept that up.

Conversely if we saw Martin freeman pumping away at benedict it'd be a marked improvement over at least 50% of sherlock

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hakkesshu posted:

sorry

lol lmao this is really funny stuff, you guys sure ticked my funny bone ha ha :imunfunny:

Extremely not mad vibes here

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

OldSenileGuy posted:

Bob’s Burgers - I’ve tried to get into this show three times now and every time I find it to be the most dull unfunny thing ever. I don’t get it.

It's simple. Your monitor was off!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Was there a show that ended last Sunday? I could have swore I had 2 1 hour shows to watch on Sunday.

Anyway, Fargo is probably getting pushed back to 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Bummer. I kind of adore Mindy.

I like her a lot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I could have swore I saw a tv show recently where the credits song was the day of liberty by the carolina chocolate drops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOpgE3MKKg. Does anyone else have any idea what it might be?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The joke's fine but man is it not good enough to end on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

zoux posted:

1 - that looks great

Production design is incredible but man that style of trailer is woeful

zoux posted:

2 - it would piss off HP Lovecraft so much

That's easily the best part