Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

fart store posted:

Tales from the Loop is bad, IMO. An attempt at one of those all-style, no-story shows except the style isn't interesting because (as far as I can tell) they never do anything with the setting or the robots or the cgi Soviet bread trucks that they couldn't do in normal-rear end reality.

Most of the actors suck (especially the kids), the score is somehow both obnoxious and insipid, and it's got a self-serious style that entirely forgoes humor and basic characterization.

Tales from the Loop is an envelope covered in interesting exotic postage stamps. When you open it, you find a blank sheet of paper that smells like the sender farted on it.
The first episode was kind of interesting but I can easily see how this is how the rest shakes out and with a name like "fart store" you are probably the expert on flatulence logistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

swickles posted:

I am re-watching Better Off Ted for like the 3rd or 4th time because it popped up in my feed and what am I gonna do, not watch it?
hrmmm. might be time for a 2nd rewatch myself. better off ted is right up there with firefly for "why?".

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

tig and a predatory nerd that takes roids have pretty different energy and the difference isn't illegitimate

edit: I'm gonna have have to clarify this because this is the world we live in but predator would not have been better if arnold had been replaced with a mousy lesbian because of reasons completely outside of rationality. I would love to see her deadpan sarcastic poo poo but dumbass action movies too ?

Qmass fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 15, 2020

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

a child that cares about the welfare of the beatles in 2020 is probably going to grow up to be a serial killer

edit: or a paedophile

Qmass fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 12, 2020

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

isaboo posted:

The Queen's Gambit is so good
just yesterday I said out loud that netflix produces mediocre trash and then they release something this good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Sub Rosa posted:

The main nit pick I have is they couldn't get away from having people tip their own king to signify resignation, which isn't a thing in real high level chess. Slight maybe spoilerish nit-pick draws are very common in real chess, and I don't remember a single on camera draw in the show.
Both of these are addressed in the show so... chess pun!

first as she is preparing for her fist major international tournaments she is told that at high level competitions they don't knock over or say check so that she doesn't look silly and second she draws with the national champion to become co-national champion and draws are offered and accepted/rejected at other times

edit: but I don't play chess so I might have miss-interpreted the second

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 27, 2020