Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
40 Year old Beavis and Butthead still in High school with Gen Zers certainly has potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

The complete series is $25 on iTunes. Tempting. I need more spy shows. Condor looks ok but it's on some nothing network nobody heard of.

I enjoyed season one of Condor, some of the villainy is over the top but the analyst character is will played. I have not had the time to watch season 2 yet, maybe I will be able to binge it after it finishes airing.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

theblackw0lf posted:

So I'm going crazy trying to remember this TV episode. (At least I think it's a TV episode, maybe it's a movie).

From what I remember there was either an artifact or a body (maybe armor?) that was too dangerous if kept whole so it was split in several pieces and buried in different parts throughout the world. I remember there were guardians meant to protect each part, one I think was in Asia. As happens one of the pieces is found, which (I think) starts activating the others.

I also seem to remember that opening it created some weird entity thing that was either camouflaged or invisible. It latched onto some woman who I believe was in government, and started controlling her. Though I wonder if that's part from another show.

Anyway I know it was a bit vague, but if anyone has any idea let me know so I don't keep wracking my brain trying to remember, thanks :)

I have watched at least two different shows this past year where that was the general plot, Legends of Tomorrow had the Legends chase down an artifact called The Loom Of Fate, which had been broke up into three rings, one of them was in another dimension, another was in Feudal Japan, and the third was enchanted so that you could not see it if you were looking for it. There was a decent amount of Shape shifting including as government officials. The other show was a lower budget netflix show Wu Assassins, where the Pieces of Wu Armor represented natural elements and gave people powers associated with those elements.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am of the same mind regarding The Outpost, I think I enjoy it because there is a decent story trying to be told, it is just held back by the 200$ an episode budget, and the complete lack of anything resembling quality.

I have kept watching Pandora, but only out of inertia. It never gets interesting in a good way, and it never embraces the crazy like Vagrant Queen.

Motherland is nothing like the above shows. It actually works for what it is, which is nothing amazing but I enjoy it and would compare it closest to The 100.