Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Regy Rusty posted:

How is ensuring the survival of endangered species immoral? The American Bison exists in the wild today thanks in part to breeding programs at zoos and such programs are still crucial to maintaining and increasing genetic diversity of populations that human action has reduced to unsustainable levels in the wild. Zoos are a vital tool in the fight for conservation of the wildlife on our planet.

I want to say first off that I really don't know much about zoos, and do believe there's good in them, but if a species would have gone extinct in the wild and humans keep them alive in zoos, isn't that just exploitative? Like the last giraffes on earth aren't going to be happy in a tiny little enclosure, so are we saving them for our own entertainment (and education, I guess) or for their sake? I see it as a very cloudy issue so I am genuinely curious on what people who are adament zoos are a good thing think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oasx posted:

Something I found interesting in Upload are the hints of racism. Both Nora and Aleesha change their hair to seem less "black" when in Lake View, and almost all their co-workers seem to be people of color, and it is implied that they are paid pretty poorly.

Absolutely, look at any scene where public transportation is shown!

I watched Upload in one sitting last night I was so engrossed! Definitely some rough spots but it might be my favorite new show of the year so far. Like a Good Place and Black Mirror sundae.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hooked on Before 90 Day Fiance. There are so many hot messes stories.

Guy who puts mayonnaise in his hair to give it a smooth look.

A guy who spent 40k on cam site who thinks he is going to marry his "gf" and is flying to ukraine.

The crossover with Into the Night was nice lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Anyone wanna take bets on how long Southern Survival is on air before Netflix takes it down and issues an apology for some stupid rear end comment from a cast member?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

God drat Lovecraft Country is good and I hope it has it's own thread because I see a lot of mystery solving coming up!

e: oops, of course it does!