Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

muscles like this! posted:

Yes. Yes. Yes. YES. YES. YES. YES

*Glances at script*

No!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I don't understand why anyone would get peacock if they have Netflix and Hulu. If all of NBC content was exclusive to it then I'd understand but as of right now it seems pointless.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Been smoking a bunch of weed and started watching Star Trek: TNG and it's good af, plywood sets and all. Humanity being good and pure is really what I needed atm while people in real life are horrible monsters.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chairman Capone posted:

To be honest, I feel like you need to be high to enjoy the first two seasons of TNG.

I rewatched Encounter at Farpoint last year for probably the first time since the mid-90s and even with knowing how bad those first seasons of TNG were, I was struck with just how bad the pilot was.

I don't think they're bad, at least what I've seen so far. I like the 60s sci-fi short story feel of the episodes. My father in law has been watching a lot of 50s/60s western tv reruns (Gun Smoke, Wagon Train, Maverick, etc) and TNG has a real similar feel, I dig it.

Sleeveless posted:

The Orville does this for me because compared to TNGs culture in stasis where everyone just listens to classical music and reads ancient literature and has debates for fun a world where people still watch television and enjoy movies and get beers with their friends after work feels way closer to a world I'd actually want to live in.

I like the more abstract, timelessness of TNG for some reason. This distinction feels like a chocolate and vanilla choice, they're substantially different from each other with their flavor profiles but they're still sweet tasting in the end.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

I was talking to a coworker today about my lasagne recipe and she told me about something her neighbor does that we both thought was completely bizarre. Her neighbor puts a layer of noodle on top, nothing on it and then when it is done cooking they remove the noodle and throw it away.

Seems like a waste of a noodle and how they gonna top it with cheese?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
We have enough lovely centrist in real life.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Why jerk off when you can have sex with a bunch of space people of different colors/forehead ridges?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Number one i order you to take a number 2

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

swickles posted:

To be fair writing is a super lonely process most of the time. Combine that with the time it takes to write, edit, and revise books of those size it becomea hard to blame someone for enjoying the fruits of the labor than forcing themselves back into working. Its not like he is coasting off a 15 minutes of fame moment.

He hasn't released a book in 9 years and it took him 6 years to even release that one. He's not enjoying the fruits, he's making wine from them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

zoux posted:

How did the comic end

It turns out they were the walking dead.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Mu Zeta posted:

Also, speaking of The Boys, season 2 episode 4 is so hosed up. Unrelated question: has there ever been a TV show where a dude sucked his own dick?

There's an episode of Workaholics where they follow a coworker around and spy on him going down on himself.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

It's okay, don't worry, the executives will still walk away with millions when the company folds in the next few months!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Rando posted:

It's busier than CD and it's got two.

No one posts in them, so that's even more of an argument against them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I have been watching the currently released episodes of Lovecraft Country and the cops are the scariest thing about a show featuring monsters and ghosts.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
How is work paycheck to paycheck until dead not the plan for 90% of us?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's definitely more of a drama with comedy elements than a comedy with drama elements. But when you're 13 isn't everything a drama?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you're between 30 and 40 you should watch the cold open for the AIM episode and if that isn't enough for you then idk.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I wish there was a way to make custom playlists in Hulu, I'd love to be able to set up a list of Halloween episodes from shows I like and watch that instead of having to jump from series to series and find the episodes.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Been watching through Schitt's Creek and got to the one where they put on Cabaret and Stevie's solo is phenomenal, to the point where I was tearing up. Watching her open up as a person and be sincere is real nice.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
From an article on The Hill:

quote:

“I only later realized it must have been Sacha Baron Cohen," he said. "I thought about all the people he previously fooled and I felt good about myself because he didn’t get me.”

Yeah I guess they didn't catch you with your dick literally in your hands so you come out looking good Rudy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Uncle Lloyd posted:

It's probably important to note that the actress in the scene is reportedly 24, and that Guiliani tried to leave immediately after Baron Cohen came in with the "she's 15!" line. So while he's definitely an absolute idiot, he's probably not a pedophilic idiot.

Ah so he's just a regular creep who was preparing to gently caress someone he just met and is 1/3 his age, good to know.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

When was this shot? Before or after his wife left him?

It was shot this year. I don't know which wife Guiliani is on at this point, number three? Four?

e: re: qubi, it's real cool that executives can run a company into the ground in under a year while getting massive salaries and still be able to go on to work at other companies where they will receive massive salaries as they run them into the ground. hurray america.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 21, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

Okay, I thought maybe it had a delay because of the pandemic. His last wife left him last year so I was curious if he was willing to cheat on her.

He has a very public history of cheating on former wives. He also announced he was divorcing his wife during a press conference, which is when she also found out about it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
We can watch and find out in 2 days I guess. For the record I'm not saying that Guiliani was under the impression that this woman was a 15 year old girl and was getting ready to gently caress, what I'm saying is that he was more than willing to almost whip his dick out in front of a young woman he just met and was ostensibly a college reporter. I really doubt they had any relationship outside of the set up, this isn't an issue of an older man and a younger woman being in a relationship, it's a guy who saw a chance to score and leap at it even though he should 10000000% know better.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chairman Capone posted:

Funny given yesterday the news was:

https://twitter.com/hshaban/status/1318557786285002754

Wonder what government department Quibi qualifies Whitman to run.

Treasury for sure.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If an executive is going to act so huffy over a request for a pass to an amusement park they own why would you have any confidence that they would support you in any endeavor? What if someone were assaulted or harassed? Why should Shonda Rhimes have faith that the company would respond to these issues if asking for another pass to their park would get such a response? Call it entitled if you want but I think it speaks of larger issues and it was as good as any reason to leave.

e: It's one thing to deny a request, to say "sorry, we can't do that for you" but to ask "don't you have enough?" is pretty disgusting, especially considering it's coming from someone who undoubtedly makes more than 95% of people in the country. gently caress the executive class, they are leeches.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 22, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Most of these organizations are owned by billionaires or megacorporations already, there's no reason they can't offer free reporting other than greed.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

swickles posted:

Is there a way to reset series on Hulu, so it pretends you haven't seen them? I like putting on things like Bob's Burgers or Archer while I am getting ready for bed or tidying up etc. and because I have seen it before, more often than not it goes to the last 5 minutes of the episode, and will do that on each subsequent episode. For some reason it thinks I just stopped watching every episode with 5 minutes left and just picks it up from there.

Yes, on the show page go to manage series and remove it from your viewing history and it will reset.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

bull3964 posted:

Man, the first reply on that tweet. Instantly attacking it for likely promoting "SJW" stuff.

Here's a hint, if everything you watch and experience is challenging your traditional views on stuff, maybe it's time to think about a change rather than getting mad.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that being introspective is not something people who complain about SJWs on twitter are able to do.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

PriorMarcus posted:

What's the backstory here?

his mom is hot

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
No, Kenneth and Jenna think they killed Pete and ask Kelsey to help them hide the body. He creates a distraction by putting on a one man show about the life of Abraham Lincoln. In the other episode he helps Jenna and Kenneth scam Carvel.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I was primed to like Adventure Time from the first episode but the one where Jake and Finn get fat and at the end Jake just pops back to his original shape while it ends with a close-up of Finn's fat face with "The End" across his forehead made me fall in love.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

sticklefifer posted:

I got a few episodes into a rewatch of Community, but it seems like Netflix edited certain jokes/lines from some episodes and I have no idea why.

The one I noticed most is when Annie is doing the psychological test where she tells everyone to keep waiting, and Troy breaks down and drags himself away on the floor. They took out Troy's great line "There's so much DUST in here!" and instead cut to black a few seconds later like an ad break. Did Netflix just get a version with alternate takes or something?

They are probably the broadcast versions of episodes.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I just wanna know when we're getting more Russian Doll.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

YES Matt Berry is bringing Steven Toast back with a new series, Toast in America where Steven Toast moves to Hollywood (the series will still be filmed in England.)

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! No! Yes!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I honestly think it's a moral obligation to make covid a story point if your show is ostensibly taking place in the contemporary real world, doubly so if it's a medical drama. This poo poo is real and it's not going away anytime soon and unfortunately too many people are more than happy to pretend it isn't a big deal and producing media that's supposed to be reflective of reality that downplays the severity of events is cowardly. "Oh gosh we don't want to upset anyone and maybe make them watch something else, what will the executives and advertisers think!"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Hughmoris posted:

I wonder how Michael Scott, or the Parks and Rec Dept of Pawnee would have handled the pandemic. :smith:

Dunder Mifflin would be a remote office atm and Leslie Knope would have offed herself when Trump was elected

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
90% of the other stuff they've talked about is remakes and sequels, so same as it ever was.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

As the current B99 Thread Captain, I'm tentatively excited for Mulaney and Samberg even if I've never watched the original

Jake is the one who dresses like Magnum PI, Mulaney like Indiana Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Big oof today, my father in law is looking to save some money and cut the chord so he canceled his xfinity package and went with a T-Mobile internet plan that was $50 a month. The router arrived today, he set it up and turns out that T-Mobile internet is considered a cellular connection and Hulu Live/Hulu no ads don't work with it due to licensing bullshit so looks like he's switching back to xfinity! Real cool and not anti-consumer garbage at all!