Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was getting so worried that every positive thing I read about it was about it having fanservice for some loving cartoons I don’t care about but thankfully it ended up being an excellent episode in its own right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Rebels is the only decent star wars thing to come out for like a decade before the Mandalorian. It's very worth watching.

Weird post considering how good The Last Jedi is but ok

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Also, anyone dismissing the two animated shows as dumb kid stuff are just missing out on some the best Star Wars media made in the last 20 years. No one cares if you watch a “cartoon”, no one’s going to revoke your Superior Adult Opinion Haver card.

I love cartoons lmao, I just have no interest in these cartoons

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Where did I say I disliked Rebels?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean there’s just a lot of stuff I would rather watch than tertiary Star Wars content? I’m not sure why you’re getting so offended by this. Who are you a rereg of?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My post was mainly about the fact that every time I saw this week’s Mando being praised it was in conjunction with “this character from the cartoon was in it!” or “the character from the cartoon did a thing!” or “this is such good fanservice for the cartoon!” which had me worried that that was the only way in which it was good, and that it was too focused on being fanservice for a previous show than it was on continuing the current Mando story well. Thankfully, this ended up being wrong. Either way it wasn’t intended as any shade on the previous shows, and I don’t see “cartoon” as a dirty word, so :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m not sure why not wanting to add certain shows to my already gigantic backlog makes me a horrible person tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cael posted:

Jesus christ, I would rather there be another Synder Cut derail than relitigate TLJ/TROS/et al yet again.

What even is there to relitigate about TROS? Even if you don’t like TLJ (like a maniac) TROS is an obviously awful movie to basically anyone

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How To With John Wilson finale was fuckin great

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The season 2 premiere is also quite good! But then yeah the rest of that season sucks rear end

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally finishing We Are Who We Are and for some reason it really wants me to be sad about the deaths of Americans who chose to be soldiers in Afghanistan in 2016 :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but if you’re a kid who chooses to be a soldier in 2016 knowing that the only major military activity going on that you’re likely to be sent to is some bullshit you should have been out of long ago then the gently caress is wrong with you

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok that’s fair, especially as the show is set on an American base in Italy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been rewatching Moral Orel for the first time in a decade or so and I forgot just how goddamn hosed up this show gets, jesus christ

Show this to everyone who thinks BoJack invented the concept of a depressing cartoon

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

The Undoing season finale just finished. Has anyone been watching. Wondering if it’s worth the watch.

Haven’t seen the finale yet but episodes 1-2 were meh, episodes 3-4 were more promising, and then 5 was outright bad. Hugh Grant is the best thing about it, he is very good at playing a huge piece of poo poo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Haven’t seen the finale yet but episodes 1-2 were meh, episodes 3-4 were more promising, and then 5 was outright bad. Hugh Grant is the best thing about it, he is very good at playing a huge piece of poo poo

Update: the finale was extremely bad!!!!!! Just watch Big Little Lies season 1 again

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I started watching Industry. It seems good but the problem is that people working in banking in London are some of the worst and slimiest pieces of poo poo in the entire world and despite clearly being satirical I don’t know if I can handle a show that humanises any of them even a little bit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was most likely just a way of avoiding deadnaming.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As someone who works at a cinema I kinda hope they don’t figure that one out too fast

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, we opened again at the end of August, then closed again at the start of Nov for UK lockdown 2, and are opening again tomorrow. It’s been quiet but (in my branch) steady enough to keep us open 7 days a week).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

What kind of restrictions are y'all operating under

Two seats minimum between each booking and 50% max capacity (but it’s mostly quiet enough that this isn’t an issue). Masks on for customers at all times unless someone is eating or drinking, but we can’t enforce this as much as I would like :(

Lockdown in general is fine. Most everywhere abides by it. I just stay at home and watch stuff like usual and get my shopping delivered. It was easier at the beginning before I got bored of Animal Crossing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Superstore is ending with season 6. I’ll be sad to see it go, although I think it’s a good end point.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Definitely enjoying Industry a lot now I’m almost done with the season, even though I still have no fuckin idea what anyone is talking about half the time

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

The Euphoria special was incredible

I’m very excited to watch this aaaahhhhhhhh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The ending of Industry episode 7 is played in such a confusing way that I spent about 10 minutes googling around trying to figure out what I missed only to find out the answer was “nothing”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Industry finale was great. Definitely glad I chose to watch it in the end.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t remember if we all hate Big Mouth now or whatever but I just started season 4 and the musical s3 recap was very funny

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s cool that now they’ve recast from Jenny Slate they can do a storyline about Missy getting in touch with black culture and learning more about that side of herself

*looks it up and realises the recasting didn’t happen until they had recorded most of this season and this episode was still Slate doing the voice*

........o-oh. oh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Warrior was so good this year. please pick it up HBO Max please please please

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The second season is better but yeah that bottle episode rules and is an s1 highlight wtf

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had nothing against Gina as a character but once she left I realised I did not miss her in the slightest

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They also did an actual zoom COVID episode

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Booooooooo! Booooooooo, I say!

Also, I read an article talking about a show called 'Normal People' being a really big hit on BBC. Never heard of it until today. Worth checking out?

Yeah Normal People ruled

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oasx posted:

I watched the first episode of Schitt's Creek and it didn't do anything for me, does it improve or is the comedy just not for me?

Season 1 is not great. It’s too much about them all being vain douchebags - Arrested Development-types without a show that’s funny or clever enough to make it work. 2 improves a fair bit and then 3 is where I really started to love it. I definitely recommend carrying it on.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m on season 4 now and just watched the end of the open mic episode. It was so cute 😭

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ratched is poo poo but the reveal of her origin/childhood - via a puppet show, no less - is one of the funniest loving things I’ve ever seen. Absolutely terrible and hilarious.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Oh. I didn't watch 30 Rock.

What a fool!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Odenkirk is amazing in Saul and he just gets better and better

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was still better than seasons 2 and 3 of Legion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I acknowledge Agents of Shield......for me to poop on!!!