Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Barbara Walters, she's some lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is Wheel of Time the fantasy series that had a tv pilot randomly air once in the middle of the night on FX a couple years ago for rights issues?

Yeah, it was an attempt at a power move by a company that had licensed the series. They didn't actually have enough money to do it so instead they shot a "prequel" involving like two actors and then bought a paid programming slot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

joeperagrocerystorefoodlist1945.com

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pahuyuth posted:

Ya know which series I really miss that I've been revisiting? Raising Hope and My Name Is Earl. The former especially.... it was just so sweetly funny and Garret Dillahunt, who is always great, looked like he was having the time of his life with Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman. Jimmy and Sabrina were really good together and there were a lot of good funny tearjerker moments between everybody.

Earl was just goofy good innocent fun with a lesson. Jaime Pressly was perfect casting and Ethan Suplee was great too. Hey Crabman!

Raising Hope was good outside of that final season where it felt like the show had completely lost its way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They just put out a remastered version not that long ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC one problem with the remaster is that they couldn't actually remaster every single episode because there were issues with some of the masters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I didn’t watch the GG, but I’m glad Awkwafina won because The Farewell was great and she’s great in it. I really want to see her in more stuff.

She has a semi-autobiographical comedy series coming to Comedy Central this month called "Awkwafina is Nora from Queens."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not exactly a huge surprise but the CW's slate of superhero shows all got renewed again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess this makes sense but AMC is going to air El Camino on February 16th. (Which is one week before BCS returns)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I only have two episodes left for The Witcher and I have kind of mixed feelings on the show. I like a lot about the show but the overall plot isn't that great. Having the Ciri plotline from the beginning feels like a mistake because not a lot happens to her and it just feels like they're padding for time whenever she's on screen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Locke and Key trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EonRi0yQOE

I haven't read the comics, but that looks a lot more YA than I expected...

There's a link to an unlisted video in the trailer which has the opening scene of the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iKri0uMtg8

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix put out the second part of Carole & Tuesday and... oof. It isn't bad but the plot kind of meanders into this whole political thing that never seems like it actually has anything to do with Carole or Tuesday even though it should. It also has very little conflict involving Carole and Tuesday instead putting everything off on Angela, who gets a raw deal. The season also just kind of ends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK2ZGOsbeqo
Trailer for HBOs documentary series about the McDonalds Monopoly scam. This is the one where an inside man was subverting the process and had a group of people winning the big ticket items every year with no chance for an average person.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had to laugh at how the first episode of Medical Police is literally just Childrens Hospital.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CBS has ordered a pilot for a Silence of the Lambs spin-off called "Clarice" which, you know, focuses on Clarice Starling after the events of Silence of the Lambs. The weird thing about this is that it is exactly the same premise of a failed show that Lifetime tried to make back around the time of Hannibal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure the Lifetime show actually got anywhere because when I tried to look up information about it a couple of years later the only thing available was the initial announcement.

It clearly never went to series but I don't know if they ever actually cast anyone for Clarice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest episode of Joe Pera was so good. Especially the part at the end where he goes to propose but Sarah stops him and instead of it being super awkward they just continue to run around and have fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Medical Police and man, Ken Marino is in really good shape for his age.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW has ordered to series the Arrowverse spin-off Superman & Lois and their remake of Walker: Texas Ranger starring Jared Padalecki because I guess they're okay with his legal problem.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Peacock (the NBC streaming service) is doing a The Adventure Zone animated series. Hopefully they got a better deal on that than the MBMBaM series, which somehow ended up with them getting absolutely no money from digital purchases.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In advance of the new season starting AMC has announced that they've renewed Better Call Saul for a sixth season which will be its last.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Joe Pera is incredibly sad.

Like, REALLY sad.

Also a really weird bit when Sara starts talking to the camera.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 19, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bull3964 posted:

Pretty much all of FX's catalog is going to be moving to Hulu both past and future now that Fox is Disney owned.

I would expect "The Americans" to show up there also depending on what the rights agreements with Amazon are.

Come March, all new episodes of FX content are going to be on Hulu day after.

They're also doing shows that are FX branded but will only appear on Hulu.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who hasn't read the book I was definitely surprised in the second episode of The Outsider when they just straight up kill off Justin Bateman's character. I was kind of expecting him to stick around with how much the promotional stuff featured him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angie Tribeca was fun but kind of hurt in the final season by having almost none of the regular cast around. Though they did do a lot to make up for it with Bobby Cannavale as Angie's grown up son, Angela Giles Jr.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, she was still around but Deon Cole and Hayes MacArthur are gone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

12 Monkeys really picks up in S2 when they just straight up abandon the "present" time stuff as well as remove a lot of the limitations of the time travel. The show definitely gets weirder the farther it goes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So... Obi Wan show not doing so hot. It was supposed to be 6 episodes but they only have 4 scripts and so production is on hold.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dark IS so good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also for Dark they've been up front about having everything planned out for 3 seasons (which it was renewed for) so there's no worries about it ending up unfinished.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else running into super long Youtube ads? Like I was just watching a video and when it went to an ad break it went into a 44 minute video that was just the first episode of that new Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist show. Who is going to stop watching the video they were watching to watch an entire episode of a TV show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was on Hulu and man, ABC sure crapped out a Kobe tribute thing pretty quick, huh?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crm4EpEsuiA

Lol this commercial kicks rear end

Fun fact, Sid and Marty Krofft were able to successfully sue McDonalds for ripping off HR Pufnstuf with McDonaldland. Not just because of the similarities but because the guy in charge of advertising for McDonaldland had been in talks with the Kroffts to use their stuff for a potential McDonaldland but then lied and said the deal fell through after he poached some talent and designs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was the Banana Splits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is very goofy but has a problem where it just doesn't know where to end. Also most of the other competitors quickly kind of just get forgotten.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

You guys wanna read a cursed rear end sentence

https://twitter.com/Pringles/status/1222257116192309248

They're doing a Rick and Morty Pringles Superbowl commercial.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix has announced they're making a live action One Piece series. Which seems... weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, what

It is also only going to be 10 episodes which means unless they really rush they're barely going to get anywhere with the story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A big problem with doing a live action One Piece is that there's no way to make it that isn't going to be expensive as poo poo. Even the idea of making it "live action" is kind of ridiculous for just how much is going to have to be CG. Its going to be like that scene from the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie where he visits space and it is just a live action head floating around in a completely CG world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Has there ever been a good live action anime adaption

I have a coworker who said he liked the live action Mob Psycho 100 series.