Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

So is Picard the most anticipated new show of 2020?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What other shows are even coming out right now?

Falcon and Winter Soldier
Y: The Last Man
Doctor Who (It took a year off so I say it counts)
I don't know if it counts because it's also a returning show but hell yeah, BCS is back!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Oh! They also announced that Wandavision has been moved up to 2020 instead of 2021.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Is this the last season? I haven't watched since S2, it's an amazing show but it stresses me out so much I want to be able to just watch the whole thing in a go.

As for Better Call Saul, "There will be six seasons," Esposito said. "It seems like that's the way, the comfortable way, to end this show."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ar-says-1203797

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

feedmyleg posted:

Mission Hill, much like Daria, is way too entrenched in a deeply Gen X worldview to work today. Sure, you'd get a cult nostalgia audience but it would baffle anyone under 30 or over 50, which is not an idea that would be particularly attractive to advertisers or streaming services.

Explain CBS catering to olds for the past 50 years.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

So I just had a weird experience. I went into the Mandalorian thread and it's not a bad thread? What the hell, TVIV?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rude. Also, there's some hubbub on twitter that Disney hosed JJ Abrams version of TROS? Meh, who knows. I thought it was just ok.

This is where it came from.
https://www.reddit.com/r/saltiertha..._a_source_that/
Who knows if they're real or someone just fanning the stupid Star Wars fans flames.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

They had that one video, I think it was Welcome to the Internet or something that'd make me chuckle but that was it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

I had a customer once get absolutely enraged when I said I didn't care for the show. I didn't even say I hated it, just that it didn't work for me anymore. Dude flipped his poo poo and I thought he would actually attack me.

So basically just an extremely typical comic book store interaction? I don't miss that poo poo. loving weird rear end nerds. Normal nerds are fine but come on dude. I never worked at one but my sis ran one so I hung out way too much.

I was one of the folks excited for him to take over Dr Who and was faced with every single episode being a maze theme and they all loving sucked.
As for Sherlock, season 1 holds up and everything after episode 1 of season 2 is complete poo poo. It just gets worse and worse like a loving cancer.

Lastly, the reviews I read about Dracula are all saying it's really good and even "fun". I had considered checking it out but y'all are giving me pause. So no one in here watched it and are making GBS threads on it? Or is it actual poo poo.

Edit: didn't see ZZZorcerer's post

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Speaking of bad TV I'm gonna do a Torchwood rewatch today. It's just Torchwood: Children of Earth so it's not actually bad.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Hey it's not the sex energy alien or the sexy cyberwoman episodes at least. Moffat's bad but RTD is the worst.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Oasx posted:

Wasnít Miracle Day pretty decent?

It tried hard but sucked rear end

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Chairman Capone posted:

Wasn't the Cyberwoman episode done by the current showrunner?

I don't know but considering the shows current quality I would absolutely blame the cyber woman episode on Russell T Davies. He had a super weird hard on to make a kids show weirdly sexual.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I liked Moffett's version of Jekyll actually.

It was great until the last episode and then lol if you enjoyed that turd of an ending.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

yup

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I never said RTD was a sex pest or even suggested it? WTH?

Also I remember an interview with RTD where he was saying there was nothing wrong with pushing some boundaries with sexuality in regards to Dr. Who because I very much remember it came off as weird. But then in hindsight maybe he was referring to introducing LGBTQ caracters which if that's what he meant, that's cool and good.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 5, 2020

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Batman Beyond having Batman as a broken shut in was something that blew my mind as a kid, but was a perfect setup to a far future Batman sequel.

I thought that Christopher Nolan's the dark Knight returns was inspired by both the dark Knight returns and Batman beyond.

I could only imagine how awesome a Christopher Nolan Batman returns elseworld film would be with them sticking to the actual storyline of the comic book. That would've been so loving awesome. Considering his whole trilogy was against fascism I would love to see his take on Superman.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The comic or the movie? Because the comic is awesome

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

Huh guess this is still happening. April release too. Good because AJT as Magik is too interesting to shelve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI
It looks bad imo. That and the rumor is that Disney is not happy with it nor were they with Dark Phoenix.

Also I'm surprised The Two Popes didn't win anything at the golden globes. It's a surprisingly good movie.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

That HAS to be intentional.

Right?

Stupid snype

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1213988330356068359

Woot! Also it looks like they updated Data's look to be more aged instead of sleek and puffy

https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1213463607528378373

Edit: Is that Data? Or is it B4? I can't remember if it was ever known until the show comes out.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Fun fact, they reused her head from the box in Se7en in the morgue scene in Contagion. As an actress she's ok I guess but come on, snake oil is a lovely grift.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I've got season 1 of Star Trek: TOS on HDDVD if anyone wants to make a deal. It's super rare. Mint in box even!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

wuggles posted:

The Xbox One X and even the Xbox One S has a 4K blu ray player.

That's legit why I want one. Either that or I need to run some ethernet cable to my laptop. It is my server. The problem I'm running into is it is too much data over my Wi-Fi network if I want true 4K TV. If I do a full data feed it buffers like poo poo.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Iirc, in the prequel comic to JJ Trek, B4 installs Data's memory chip, which instantly overwrites B4 and revives Data.

What about the mumbo jumbo "But his positronic brain isn't as sophisticated blah blah blah" that essentially said he'd be a dumb? I need realism in my Trek drat it!

Also B-4 is the dumbest loving name. Who the gently caress ever made Nemesis should be ashamed of themselves.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

GreenNight posted:

Picard premiers two weeks from Thursday. Most looked forward to show of 2020.

I posted earlier but they said there's a Picard Short Trek coming out this Thursday!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

The comic used extra double mumbo jumbo that data's chip was strong enough to do everything.

That makes sense. They used his deus ex machina chip.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

muscles like this! posted:

I guess this makes sense but AMC is going to air El Camino on February 16th. (Which is one week before BCS returns)

I assumed that Better Call Saul wouldn't return until this fall so you just made my day! Is there any Intel that says this will be a stupid half season bullshit they did with season five of breaking bad?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have the 43" TCL Roku. It owns.

I too have a TCL 4K TV and it is awesome but I still need to run ethernet to my laptop. I have ethernet running to the TV. The pinch point is seriously just my laptop. I'm just lazy and don't want to chase wire. It's annoying. The proof that I'm lazy is that there's acoustic tile ceiling in my basement. My biggest issue is that I don't want to bore another hole in my hardwood floor.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 8, 2020

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

There's already so much teeth gnashing in the star trek thread that Picard is gonna be bad.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I'm loving "The Circle" on Netflix and it's such a guilty pleasure show but hits all the pleasure points, from the catfish spy game to the actual emotional eliminations, to the challenges and games.

Social Media sucks, but that rear window Exposure is brilliant

Did you watch the UK version? I loved season 1 but they changed it to where it sucked in season 2. It was way more like Big Brother the second time around. I don't have that much time to dedicate to a reality show. I wonder how the Netflix version stacks up.

feedmyleg posted:

Can somebody reboot The Outer Limits again already? I need more goddamn monsters in my life.

Do you keep up with politics?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

Gene was not a good person so the further we get from his vision the better.
"I have a vision of a utopia where all men are equal. I SAID MEN drat IT!" - Gene yelling at his writing staff on TNG after a few bumps of cocaine off an extra's rear end.

Rhyno posted:

He got fuckin weird after Us.

That is a correct and accurate statement.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rarity posted:

Wait, what?

All those years of buying chicken nuggets for nothing

Apparently the big reason we didn't know much about this was that the trial started on September 10, 2001. Next day just blew it out of press coverage

Escobarbarian posted:

I already asked in discord and it didnít catch on but I still very much think we should do this

For real, can we please?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

So I know I'm months late but I finally got around to watching season 5 of Black Mirror. What a fart of a season. I literally forgot what the plot to Smithereens was just a few hours after I watched it because it was just that forgettable.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I still don't get the Witcher love. I tried to watch episode one and got super bored about halfway through. Does it get better? Was I just in a bad mood or something?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Croatoan posted:

So I know I'm months late but I finally got around to watching season 5 of Black Mirror. What a fart of a season. I literally forgot what the plot to Smithereens was just a few hours after I watched it because it was just that forgettable.

poo poo I forgot this season had Striking Vipers. That alone made it a good season.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Has science Gwyneth Paltrow gone too far?
https://shop.goop.com/shop/products...y-vagina-candle

Goop posted:

This Smells Like My Vagina.

Edit: Also, esperterra, is that a no on the Guy Mann ban? Because I'm willing to vote twice to help pad the numbers.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Father Dougal is back solving murders and as formulaic as it its, I still enjoy Death In Paradise. 3 different leads over 9 years with basically the exact same schtick seems like it'd suck but nahh. I wonder if I am an old now and should watch CBS.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Japanime peaked with Akira

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ok so, Westworld Season 3. This poo poo never came out? The trailer with Aaron Paul came out like 7 months ago. I didn't finish season one because it was a bit too rapey. I never watched season 2. Should I go back and watch them?

Oscar chat: The Joker got 11 nominations. It wasn't even a good movie imo. It was Ok, just not all that great. The Irishman, 1917 and Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood follow with 10 nominations each. The Irishman was good just it could have been better if Scorsese cut like an hour off. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was pretty good though.

Toy chat: My favorite story so far was where the guys who made the He-Man toys were arguing that the existing mold for battle cat was out of scale and the guy replied with "I don't give a gently caress ... Put a fuckin' saddle on it."

Edit: follow up to Oscar chat: Remember last year Bohemian Rhapsody won the Oscar for best editing? lol the Oscars are full of poo poo.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 13, 2020

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Anyone watch The Rain on Netflix? Supposedly it's good but the dubbed voices keep taking me out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The dislike for Westworld s2 is because the plot was legitimately bad and full of stupid poo poo. The "Welcome to Westworld" scene, the data in Abernathy's head(which was a s2 retcon that made the whole thing from s1 even more stupid), Dolores finally smuggling things out of the park, random character is actually a robot, the whole flooding of the valley "mystery" which made 0 sense because there were a ton of people who witnessed it and probably more stuff I am forgetting.

S2 was told in a convoluted manner, but the story itself was also poor and nonsensical if you even stop to think about it.

Thanks for all the spoilers! Really cool!