Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rarity posted:

This conversation was started by someone asking 'is it worth watching Westworld S2?' and we have a general unwritten rule of keeping quiet about past shows in the chat thread when we know someone's in the process of catching up.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Now going into the second season I already know that the robot folk gain some sort of freedom. I just thought that's a bit excessive but it's not a super big deal. Also CD's eternal spoiler rule is effing stupid imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rocksicles posted:

I don't know what that means

It's OK, most people that watched it didn't see it either.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Oasx posted:

I have honestly never heard anyone call it good. The general opinion is that it is pretty bad.

I wondered because it was on one of those Rotten Tomato listicles of the best sci-fi TV shows. I'm about 3 episodes in and I'm gonna bail. It's pretty lame.

Oh and all this talk about popes, I know it's not a TV show but The Two Popes was great and it's on Netflix so go check it out.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
If this wasn't staring Vin Diesel I'd say it looks like it could be good but it does so I am almost certain it's gonna suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-qIOGyEcw

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

I haven't seen it because I was preëxhausted by the discourse, but is it even really a comic book movie? It's not adapted from anything, it doesn't bear any resemblance to actual comics or movie Jokers in that it's a definitive origin story, which has been off limits for the character's whole history. If you changed the name of the city it takes place in and called him, say, Pagliacci rather than Joker, would there be anything comic book-y in it

Not in the least.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
The article is the one gatekeeping though not zoux?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Is there any interest in a general Oscar chat thread? I don't wanna keep bringing it up in here unless that's what y'all prefer. I just wanna bitch about how Uncut Gems got snubbed now that I watched it.

Alhazred posted:

"What if Memento, but dumber?"

What effing version of Memento did you watch?!?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ok but CD is generally insufferable IMO.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It was just an ask. Still can't believe that guy wanted to be a mod.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I cannot imagine actually wanting to moderate goons. It's gotta just suck. Such a thankless job.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s my thread so I promise it’ll be nice. It’s been fine so far.

Ok I'll check it out.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 15, 2020

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

I know a lot of people bailed on the CW shows but the Crisis crossover was everything a comic book fan could ever want. It was so good!

So it's done? Or are there episodes that haven't aired yet.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

esperterra posted:

If y'all want an Oacars thread in TVIV I am not fully against it, as it airs on TV, but the CD threads are fine. In fact they are one of the only CD threads I read and post in a year!

Easier/better to just have us all discuss it in one place than split it imo but it's up to you nerds!!!

That would involve us moving out of our current social structure and talking to people we don't know and may not even agree with. You do realize we're all goons, right?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I collect silver coins. One time on Reddit I tried to say that silver coins with swastikas on them from the Nazi era are gross and bad and I was ridiculed and attacked so yeah. Reddit sucks in a lot of ways. And I mean I got dunked on hard. "It's just a piece of history stupid! Why are you trying to change history, stupid?". Meanwhile if you took the time to look at the profiles of the people saying that I was stupid they were super hard-core Trump supporters that were really racist but no it's my fault for not appreciating swastikas?

There is a huge Venn diagram crossover between people that collect precious metals and doomsday preppers.

I don't like to talk about collecting silver on Reddit anymore. Please don't dunk on me for not being a Nazi. Also I only have like $100 worth of silver anyway. Those guys are assholes.

Honestly the best description I've seen of Reddit is the GBS thread that is subtitled "there are only two genders but 15 different kinds of pedophiles"

Edit: thank you for coming to my Ted talk: Reddit is gross. But super cool when you wanna look up really cute doggie pictures

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 16, 2020

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I find that trying to discuss any TV or movie stuff on Reddit is unpleasant. Everything is a huge dogpile and it doesn't matter if it's critically acclaimed or touted as dogshit you're more than likely to get a weird reactionary flood of bad opinions. It's like the Watchmen thread but every single discussion.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It's coming from inside the thread!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Also I just learned Jared Harris is gonna play Hari in the Foundation series. gently caress! I hate Foundation just so fuckin' hard. Maybe they'll cut the political bullshit drama but then it'd be only like maybe one episode. Also David S. Goyer is apparently the showrunner so it's got a 50/50 shot of being great or being poo poo.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rhyno posted:

If Goyer is involved it's like a 100/100 that it will suck.

He still has good will with me for Dark City, the Dark Knight Trilogy and Terminator Dark Fate. Maybe they could just call it Foundation: Dark Non Political Drama Bullshit

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Hey man I just watched it yesterday on my phone. It was good IMO.

Rhyno posted:

He's gross.

Oh? Is he a drat sex pest?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought people liked Mindhunter?

They never even caught one single mind. Stupid show.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I never watched Voyager and after hearing about Tuvix and the weird devolution episode I'm glad as gently caress I didn't.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well dang. Probably for the best though tbh

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

muscles like this! posted:

Peacock (the NBC streaming service) is doing a The Adventure Zone animated series. Hopefully they got a better deal on that than the MBMBaM series, which somehow ended up with them getting absolutely no money from digital purchases.

Aww man that's a bummer (not getting cash for digital I mean). I checked out of TAZ after it got weird. It was right when Griffin said he was gonna let another brother GM. I wonder if it got better.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Timby posted:

Dark Fate was one of the worst movies produced last year

It's got a 70% fresh tomatoes rating. Not amazing but I believe you're using a bit of hyperbole.

Timby posted:

However, I did try giving the new Graduation arc a shot since they're back to being D&D-based (5E) and it's actually really very good. They've only done like five or six episodes so far, so it's still early to jump in.

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I only watched the pilot just now but the show Everything's Gonna Be OK seems pretty good. It's on Hulu from freeform so expect it to be at least a little sappy. But it's good! It did not suffer from pilotitis imo.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Gonz posted:

Jon Voight

Eww

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I think I'm actually gonna pay for CBS All Access just because of Picard. smdh at myself

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I just want to point out that Josh Gad is worth an estimated $12,000,000. If he put that in a zero risk 6% annuity and never touched the principal and never worked again he'd earn $26,000 every two weeks for the rest of his life.

We're on a TV forum bitching about how we don't like him. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying obviously some people like him. gently caress I wish I had that kind of cash.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is it cool if I make a new megathread just for the "modern" Star Trek shows that are airing now or will air soon? That way we can close the old Discovery thread and have a place for new viewers to talk about the shows without getting lost in the "classic" Trek thread. I've got half an OP written already.

Just make a Picard thread like cap said. The disco thread hates disco and I don't want that weird toxicity in a Picard thread.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm sure all the grognards from the trek thread will show up to complain anyways if Picard isn't 10 episodes of him listening to flute recitals or whatever they think the show should be.

You're probably right. The inner light season 4!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

David Lynch... made a 17 minute short for netflix... about interrogating a monkey where they do that hokey 'mask everything but the mouth' thing on said monkey

:psyduck:

Ever heard of Eraserhead?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s pretty tame by Lynch standards.

This guy has.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is there a Outsiders thread? Georgia doesn't have 4 million people...

Georgia the state is over 10 million. You're thinking the country.

Davros1 posted:

Terry Jones died.

Yeah the wrong Terry from Monty Python died :( . Terry Jones was a wonderful person and it was super sad when he was diagnosed. Terry Gilliam however gets to live forever on pure chud hate.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is it cool if I make a new megathread just for the "modern" Star Trek shows that are airing now or will air soon? That way we can close the old Discovery thread and have a place for new viewers to talk about the shows without getting lost in the "classic" Trek thread. I've got half an OP written already.

BTY it turned out to be a good thread so far. Less toxic than the Disco thread so far and I'm enjoying it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I signed up for CBS all access commercial free for Picard. You could tell where the commercial breaks were because it breaks away for them but immediately comes back however at one of the breaks there was literally one ad. I know I shouldn't be complaining but I'm wondering is that normal? I thought with subscriptions they have to call it limited ads or something.

Has that happened for anyone else?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Being sexually assaulted isn't performing your own stunts, Guy.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Confession time. I discovered Bob Hearts Abishola and love it. Yes I KNOW it's a Chuck Lorre show stfu.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
During lent I have eaten many Filet O' Fish just because I am bad at thinking ahead and work nowhere near my house so options are limited. They are ok but would never get them outside of lent.

I also enjoy a slice of pineapple on a burger (not during lent obviously) but just pineapple and cheese sounds extremely unsatisfying.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Roth posted:

What does CBS All Access even have besides the new Star Trek shows and Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone?

I mentioned it a couple of pages ago but in trying to justify CBS all access instead of just Picard I discovered Bob Hearts Abishola. It's a typical Chuck Lorre show but it's pretty progressive although it does use some dumb stereotypes. I'm still enjoying it at least. Other than that, not really from what I can see. Heck it doesn't even have all of the shows I expected it to have because for the past 20 years they've sold off some partnership properties.

Also, jalapeno kettle chips are the best.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Oh duh I didn't even think about shows I'm keeping up with otherwise.

Evil (This isn't an All Access exclusive it's just really good)
Star Trek Discovery
Short Treks

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When I finally got around to watching it I loved it, but it had been cancelled by then.

That's what happened to Better Off Ted for me. I didn't even know about it until after it had been canceled and loved it. It was basically my fault it got canceled. Sorry everyone.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wonder how many of those moms there really are these days.

From what I saw that have like 5K followers on Twitter but 93K on Facebook. Makes sense, FB is getting to be for olds. Their kids probably are long gone and resent them, they're just regressive homophobes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I saw like one episode of it and it was like watching a bizarro world All In the Family where Archie is always right and Meathead is always wrong.