Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

googled this and discovered it’s presented by Alan Carr. no thanks

I hate the guy usually but he weirdly pulls it off! poo poo ton better that Bruce Forsyth manhandling everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Sometimes you guys are so weird. Hamilton has grossed over $600MM because it's immensely popular and that's just since 2015. The argument that Hamilton in fact sucks is just another "I don't even own a TV :smug:" argument. Did y'all get infected by the Watchmen thread?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Please note I just noped out of it after 45 minutes.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My point was that it has mass appeal. That means it's not worth the two pages of people posting how much they hate it and it sucks just that bad. It's silly. Like I said, I checked out after 45 minutes myself so it's not my thing but I won't say it sucks.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Umbrella Academy is very much not Wes Anderson's X-Men. I mean sure, they're quirky and drama driven but that's it. Visually it's very much not a Wes Anderson show and visuals is Wes' big thing imo

Tyler Whitney posted:

Almost Human popped up on IMDB tv a while back, and I gotta say I’m surprised at how well the show holds up. Aside from the usual fox fuckery with episode order it’s pretty solid and if it dropped on Netflix or Amazon as a new series with just about everything as it was I’d see it getting more seasons.

If only FOX would have let so many sci-fi shows live :smith:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm super late to the game but season one of punisher is actually really great y'all were right. Is season two as good?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I just watched for maybe the second time Dark City since it came out and drat it really holds up. It's the Matrix one year before the Matrix.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I canceled HBO MAX today because gently caress it's still not on Roku and I'm not gonna watch TV on my laptop. On another note, it's weird that Disney made me wait to have my Disney+ account expire before I could do the Hulu bundle but here we are. Now I have ESPN+ which has all the sports I don't care about! (in reality there are no sports right now but man, I really wanted some curling and I don't see any)

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ok so Person of Interest keeps getting brought up and there's even a rewatch thread so I have questions. I watched the pilot with my wife and about 3/4 the way through we both lost all interest. Does it suffer from pilotitis? Is it actually good or is it just good for a CBS procedural? Is it a sci-fi or is it just a drama. At what point does it become good and can we just skip to that point or are we just better off staying away if it didn't grab us right away?

Confession, I easily get Jim Caviezel and Eric Roberts mixed up.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
What I heard was Fringe so I'm down. When does Walternate show up

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Not a literal Walternate, but the same concept comes in around towards the end of S2.

That is not the answer I expected.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Ah! You can link your hulu account and log into Max to get access to the full catalog!

What platform are you on? I tried HBO MAX through Hulu but I had a Roku. If it's on a Roku you'll only get what HBO has, not HBO MAX.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Alhazred posted:

Every major plot point is Morrison stuff though? The Crazy Jane plot from the last episode is straight from the comic:

If you're discussing season two then spoiler that please if you're discussing season one they already did that bit I thought?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

TheAardvark posted:

Huge news! The Three Body Problem is getting an adaptation on Netflix!

Wait, who?

https://twitter.com/tordotcom/status/1300796947800961024?s=19

I bought the book when I saw this. I hope it's a great book and it makes me hate the show!

Also I just discovered I can use Apple AirPlay to cast HBO MAX to my TV. If my phone is on wifi, it won't use my phone's data, right? I'm probably being paranoid but who knows, it's Apple so they expect everyone to be wealthy.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I showed my daughter the Dune trailer and she called the sandworm a "butthole monster" and it really bugs me how accurate she is.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Milo and POTUS posted:

drat having your own child pull the turn on your monitor joke...

Stare into the butthole long enough and the butthole stares back

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Is he saying all weather matters? (the racist dude)

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I watched episode 4 of The Boys and how in the gently caress does that dude think Stormfront isn't racist? What's his handle anyway?

Also I had Quibi but only watched like 1 episode of The Most Dangerous Game. It was stupid.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Shows with seasons that start in the next couple months according to my TV tracker thing:

PEN15
Ratched
Bob’s Burgers
Fargo
Warrior
The Good Lord Bird
The Conners
Superstore
The Undoing
The Eric Andre Show
The Mandalorian
His Dark Materials
The Crown

There’s at least a couple there that have to have started shooting recently, right? Plus we know Fargo only just managed to shoot its last two episodes.

What is your TV tracker thing? My wife and I ran into this same issue last night and started a spreadsheet of poo poo we've meant to watch for years but there ain't poo poo on.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm watching an episode of Junior Bake Off, where the kids do the competition and they're playing "Pumped Up Kicks" WTF

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
A lot of folks have been mentioning Ted Lasso and I'll say this: If you are frustrated/pissed/grumpy about your lot being in quarantine the past 6 months, this is a huge uplift I needed. A feel good show that doesn't seem to have a nasty side. I love it and it made me happy. (I'm on episode 5)

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
New episode of ST:D came out. I liked it. I'm going to not visit the thread as I'm sure I'm wrong and in fact it's the worst garbage ever to have raped someone's childhood or something.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
If anyone wants a sweet and tender show check out Love on the Spectrum on Netflix. As a person who is on the spectrum and has a son who is autistic I can definitively say that it is not exploitative. It's really great.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's by the guys who did Happy, including Grant Morrison, and it's just so bad.

I don't get it. That other shoe was so good, and this was so flat.

Grant Morrison has been arguing with Alan Moore for the past 25 years over who is a real wizard and who is faking it. Both guys are loving weird but are also some of the best writers in their field. I always assume because of their weirdness sometimes things are very hit or miss. Some Grant Morrison books are stupid poo poo but he still sometimes knocks out stuff that transcends the genre. I just always take anything he works on with a grain of salt. imho Moore's books are generally more hit than miss though.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

isaboo posted:

I've long been a fan of QI and I recently discovered Taskmaster which is also lots of fun.

What are some other quintessential British shows that are similar? I'm thinking game shows, talk shows, etc. Part of the fun for me is looking up names and places that are completely unknown to us Yanks.
Pointless is great but it's a game show. Gogglebox is very enjoyable gently caress the haters, give it a go. I'm a huge fan of Catchphrase and Tipping Point because I'm a cornball. Look up the "UKTVLAND" subreddit for a lot of discussion and ideas. Pointless, Taskmaster and many more we've mentioned are available free on Youtube (they don't seem to care about licensing like the US does, it's all legit on Youtube)

Simone Magus posted:

Saved by the Bell reboot is great

It's great and weird as mentioned before. I'll say that Peter Engel probably watched Cobra Kai and decided to try flipping the script with SBTB too and it kinda works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

EL BROMANCE posted:

Have they done an episode showing how to go to Disney while being socially distanced yet?

No joke, that episode is what killed the show for me. Man, I can relate to a lot of stuff but I can not relate to being wealthy. Must be nice.