Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

God, episode 5 of Warrior was some good loving Western! It was nice to finally see a version of what Bruce Lee wanted to do with the original idea of Kung-Fu after all this years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Everything about that season was perfect, the writing, the acting, all of it. God drat I can't wait to get to it on my rewatch.

It also gave us Margo Martindale as the heavy she was born to play.

Anyone seen this show? Is it any good? The description sounds like a goofy b-movie Mad Max Fury Road (read: great).

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Eat (food prepared by) the rich.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Six String Samurai?
Not really.

I'm so glad that The Mandalorian used the satan alien race from the cantina scene that appeared because the special effects make up people ran out of time/money and just used something Rick Baker had in his garage.

https://twitter.com/runwithskizzers/status/1190756784685953024?lang=en

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Argue posted:

What are some good episodes of TV shows (movies are also okay) where the day is saved thanks unironically to the power of music? I'm thinking stuff like the ep of Chuck where Rush's Tom Sawyer saves the day, or last season's Legends of Tomorrow finale where James Taylor does. Steven Universe doesn't count because the songs just happen alongside events--it's rare that the songs themselves are the solution, and GotG doesn't count because that scene was just a distraction and not particularly tied to music. Preferably something where nobody in the scene winkingly goes "haha this is all so stupid and lame".

Justice League Unlimited ep "This Little Piggy".

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Started watching Blood Drive. The first ep was fun and it's a solid B- show so far.
The main dude and girl are super boring and bland, so the show is saved by the Rob Zombie/Jimmy Urine amalgamation that is the MC,the other racers and the practical effect gore.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Slink the MC continues to be the real star of the show up until the end.

How are you watching it? I remember when the show was on they would have some fake ads set in the Blood Drive "universe" during commercial breaks, I'm curious if they're worked in at all.

At least some of the episodes also included viewer complaints that I am pretty sure were real.

No commercials, sadly (at least up to episode 3). Guess I have some YouTubing to do.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Which one of you was this?.
(Read the headline and then go to the 4th paragraph :allbuttons:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I started watching The Leftovers. Just got into season 2.

What the gently caress?! But in a good way.

Does Tommy keep making the worst decisions possible at every turn throughout the show?