Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Watch Evil too.

I have very poor subscription discipline, I think I've had an active CBS AA account for months and I barely use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Looks good though, i know nothing about Picard other than Number 1, make it so, Lt. Warf and apparently i thought Will Wheaton was Riker.

Good god

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Poke your fun jerks.

But while you lot were next generationing i was doing lots of drugs and loose women.

I was 12

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

When TNG began or ended? What are you 50 or something? How's that AARP membership treating you?

I guess I was 7 when it came out, but it ran in syndication you know

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's kind of hosed up that the nature of Federation phasers was to peel the skin off your face before exploding your head, weren’t like, disruptors a war crime or something

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How many of yall have this aunt
https://twitter.com/mikesbloggity/s...468184611934208

e: also lol Guy Mann caught two week long probations in the same day in two entirely separate forums and is now banned from CD completely. Can we do that too

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 10, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Apparently the big reason we didn't know much about this was that the trial started on September 10, 2001. Next day just blew it out of press coverage

I don't want to seem crazy but McDonald's was definitely behind 9/11

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H9AaiBLHCo

Is it just me or is this a total ripoff of the MCU? Get your own mythology, the Norse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's got problems but it gets by on Cavill's performance and some good supporting actors. Also one absolute banger of a song.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

LIterally lost sleep one night because that was stuck in my head harder than the Tetris music ever was

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starting to think you have a the nanny problem

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We’re approaching Ryan Murphy levels of drama here folks,

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When did the third season of Van Helsing come out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Uh, before the fourth one?

Van Helsing rules btw.

Oh I thought it was a Netflx show, I see it’s been renewed for a fifth/final season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Christopher Heyerdall rules. They let him grow his hair back for season 4!

I've only seen s1 but I like that the show had the guts to try a “But Who Could Be the Killer in Our Midst” plot with Christopher Heyerdahl looming in the middle of the scene. I bet it's the six foot four shambling ghoul, what do you guys think

He was in Togo as the kindly mayor and I was ready for Willem Dafoe to walk on on him elbow deep in dog guts, dude always plays a creepy bad guy. Tom Noonan too

zoux fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 11, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrekMovi...530416678645767

“Aftershow”, it's not being broadcast at all is it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

God drat oscars twitter is the worst possible twitter

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To me, a normal brained person: it was fine.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like the once it's aired it's fair game rule, I think CDs eternal spoiler policy is dumb as poo poo, but also I'd like people to use some basic courtesy if a poster is specifically asking for recommendations on poo poo they haven't seen. The Honor System, you see.

One of the few ways you can directly negatively affect a person through posting is by being my posts. Another is spoilers, you can really ruin some poo poo for people and why lessen a person's joy when so much is already misery.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gah, no no rules

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMBLuGJTsA

Lol I can't believe this is still happening.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh02zvHHPzw

It's capicollo...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol that trailer reveals more about Bloodshot's backstory than years of the comics. Also I'm less concerned about Vin part and more concerned about the Sony Pictures part, as they are the studio that had to let another studio takeover their slam-dunk superhero franchise in order to make a good movie.

I love Valiant comics, but all of their main dudes seem to be broad riffs on existing big-2 superheroes (Bloodshot/Wolverine, Harbinger/X-men, X-0/Thor and Ironman, Ninjak/Batman) and while they do great and interesting things with these characters on paper, I worry that since most fan crit online is just pattern matching to TVTropes.com that people who aren't familiar with them aren't going to give them a fair shake.

(Also if you want to read cape comics but don't want to deal with the billion or so Marvel/DC books that come out every month, cannot recommend Valiant comics enough)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1216800575775543297

Ah finally, an award winning Joker, unprecedented.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I haven't seen it because I was preëxhausted by the discourse, but is it even really a comic book movie? It's not adapted from anything, it doesn't bear any resemblance to actual comics or movie Jokers in that it's a definitive origin story, which has been off limits for the character's whole history. If you changed the name of the city it takes place in and called him, say, Pagliacci rather than Joker, would there be anything comic book-y in it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Part of me wants to call you a dork for all this gatekeepy nitpicking and the other part just wants to watch the Oscars burn

The article I’m talking about is about how Joker is breaking the movie comic book barrier, I dunno where you got gatekeeping from

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I make a solemn promise to you all: I will never post in CD.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

It was just an ask. Still can't believe that guy wanted to be a mod.

Being a moderator seemed like a nightmarish hell before all this recent poo poo, now it seems like an actual punishment detail.

(USER WILL MOD GOONS IN SPOONS FOR SIX MONTHS FOR THIS POST)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why wouldn't you call it 69 Whiskey for fucks sake

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

I just looked up that Witcher song on Youtube and I think I quite like toss a coin to your witcher oh valley of plenty oh valley of plenty

Absolute banger

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Considering s6 came out on Oct. 25, this seems very soon

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/...476538280472578

IMO Bojack gets real close to redemption at the end but ends up facing serious consequences for his many sins because I don't think the show is going to cop out like that, I think that people still get punished, socially if not legally, even if they grow past the person they were, and so I expect a show that's brutally honest to follow through on that. Todd will escape and live a life of happiness however

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

The October release was only the first half of season 6. This is the final half.

Yeah I know but for example the first half of the last season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt came out on 5/30/18 and the second half came out on 1/25/19. Season 6 of AD was 5/19/18 for part 1 and 3/15/19 for part 2. These are the only shows Netflix split up that I can think of off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure there are more.

Like if the practice was to put 2 to 3 months between season "halves" I'd be a lot less irritated about it, a 8-10 month hiatus between halves is two different seasons, imo. So when they said they were splitting BJH into two halves for a final season I expected to see it this summer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Seasons are split so that they can be accepted for multiple awards seasons, IIRC. So there was probably no further reason to delay it.

Urgh now I'm even more irritated about it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chat threads are off topic threads!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aces High posted:

Wait, y'all don't just post in random threads that suddenly catch your interest?

That's what brought me here (also this being the only place where shows I was watching were actually being talked about)

I live that user control panel life

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

I find that trying to discuss any TV or movie stuff on Reddit is unpleasant. Everything is a huge dogpile and it doesn't matter if it's critically acclaimed or touted as dogshit you're more than likely to get a weird reactionary flood of bad opinions. It's like the Watchmen thread but every single discussion.

You think that's bad you should see the Something Awful Television Discussion forum

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I’m sure it’s a coincidence

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

THe whole thing is bullshit political drama. Bring on the Mule I say

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Terminator Dark Fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought people liked Mindhunter?

Is this a non sequitur or are you confusing David Goyer with David Fincher.