Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Rhyno posted:

Season 1 of AoS is really not great but there's so many seeds planted that you should watch it because it catapults to one of the best comic book inspired shows somewhere in it's third season.

I binged this a few weeks ago and really liked it. If you're starting fresh you should at least watch the last third or so of the first season instead of skipping it. I thought it turned the corner around episode 14 or so.

It's a lot of fun once it finds itself. Lot of great side characters and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I didn’t even know he was still alive.

*Somewhere John Madden starts sweating nervously*

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Oasx posted:

When we first started moving away from the 20+ episode seasons, everyone was expecting the quality to go up since the showrunners could focus on the story, but I am starting to feel like the opposite is happening.

Umbrella Academy season 2 is good, but halfway through you start to realize that the story isn't really moving forward much, there is just so much filler constantly.
It's a shame because all the main actors do a really good job with their characters, and the show looks great visually. I just wish there was more family stuff and less forgettable side-characters.

Netflix shows always feel thin to me. I've never watched a season of an hour long drama that went for 10-13 episodes and wanted it to be longer, though.