Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Someone in a discord that I frequent posted this comic:

Almost 55 years old and still relevant today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Rest of the comic is good but the figure second from the right sure is, uh, something.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

wizzardstaff posted:

Rest of the comic is good but the figure second from the right sure is, uh, something.

That was intentional. This is a police range.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh cool, a leftwing opposite of reality.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh cool, a leftwing opposite of reality.

perhaps it's a jacob marley situation and she's doomed to constantly warn others to have a positive perspective on protest lest they meet her terrible fate?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

Glad to check in and see goons still don't understand cartoons, a medium for children

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lolok
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1307379790471720961

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

Ruth Bader Ginsburg posted:

"Some of you have inquired about a book interview in which I was asked how I felt about Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players who refused to stand for the national anthem," Ginsburg said. "Barely aware of the incident or its purpose, my comments were inappropriately dismissive and harsh. I should have declined to respond."

took me less than 2 minutes to find

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's latest Churchill impression – Keir Starmer has accused Boris Johnson of “pretending there isn’t a problem” with the test-and-trace system, as he claimed the prime minister had lost control of the coronavirus crisis"

gently caress Off Bob:

Matt:

Covid scheme: UK government to cover 22% of worker pay for six months

Independent:

Nearly a quarter of UK pubs and restaurants 'fear collapse' by Christmas

Times:

Evening Standard:

Users report issues as Covid-19 app launches in England and Wales

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... our military Covid marshals

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

It's a metaphor for how ignoring ugliness in favor of beauty isn't virtue, just dilettantism that will inevitable end up destroying everything you love because it doesn't engage and work to preserve the complicated systems required to make the world good. That flower needed to stay attached to it's stem to stay beautiful, and in doing so it could spread seeds and make even more beautiful flowers. But in order to satisfy your immediate need for something pretty, you killed it and all it's future generations, much like you're killing democracy, freedom, and the whole loving plant with your refusal to engage with ugly realities of fascism, capitalism, and climate change.

The metaphor is that you, Stantis, know that you're doing the wrong thing, and it's only your own selfishness that's keeping you from changing.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
(throttling flower) MAKE EVERYTHING GOOD AGAIN, MAKE ME YOUNG. STUPID LAZY FLOWER

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
I was reading a Berkley Breathed Bloom County collection and wondering if there are any good political cartoonists left in America. Thank you thread for reminding me that they're rare, but still out there.

And then there's this. wtf, some RBG reference? Did the artist forget to tell a joke? idgi. Looks like the American equivalent of Soviet Russia propaganda posters.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"all i did was completely destroy the system the plant needs to live and now it's dead?? stupid libs!"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hexigrammus posted:

And then there's this. wtf, some RBG reference? Did the artist forget to tell a joke? idgi. Looks like the American equivalent of Soviet Russia propaganda posters.

America (as represented by the eagle) wants Trump voted out and is saying so in a way that references RBG's dying words.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You doomed the flower to death when you picked it.

Ultimately, this is okay, though. The flower is transient, ephemeral, a showy attempt at reproduction before the inevitable death of the plant. It is beautiful, but it is more beautiful because of its impermanence.

The metaphor is that you're bad at metaphors.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

gently caress Off Bob:

Even after all this time they're still going hard on the idea that asking someone to not go to huge gatherings (as much) and keep some distance is such a draconian mandate as to make life not even worth living. More so than ever, in fact! Please listen to us, your rich overlords, who tell you that (your) death is preferable to having minor restrictions placed on (our) businesses.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

dereku posted:

It's super good that one of the nine people who run the country for their entire lives ran her loving mouth because she heard "sports" and "protest" and decided that she had enough context to talk about it. And even in that clip, she doesn't voice actual support, just says that she should have stayed silent because she didn't know the context.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also RBG had a weird hate-on for natives, constantly arguing against tribal sovereignty issues and poo poo. She also had a weirdly lovely view of federal land and poo poo, famously arguing before she died that the Appalachian Trail even as federal protected land can have a pipeline through it because a 'trail' is different than 'land'.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

dereku posted:

right so a more accurate comic would be RBG calling the characters stupid for protesting then later on being like "oh I don't know why I said that I don't even know what the protest was about lol"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Somfin posted:

It's super good that one of the nine people who run the country for their entire lives ran her loving mouth because she heard "sports" and "protest" and decided that she had enough context to talk about it. And even in that clip, she doesn't voice actual support, just says that she should have stayed silent because she didn't know the context.

don't worry, she's dead now

i'm sure her replacement will be a lot better about that kind of things

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

don't worry, she's dead now

i'm sure her replacement will be a lot better about that kind of things

sorry but probably not, no

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Basically all judges are lovely people otherwise they wouldn't be judges.

The only solution is to just send everyone who passes the bar into exile.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Westpac settles AUSTRAC money laundering case with $1.3 billion fine (ABC).

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Australians stranded overseas 'betrayed', says a man telling of months of injury, illness and homelessness (ABC)

Knight:

Victoria is running an inquiry into what failed in the hotel quarantine program that sparked our second wave, the premier Dan Andrews is due to be questioned today. The media coverage is mostly about boiling down a complicated issue to the single question "who chose private security guards over troops", so far no-one can recall who made that decision.

Wilcox:

Pilot whales Tasmania: Almost 400 die in Australia's worst stranding (BBC)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The far left: destructive rioters
The far right: harmless weirdos with funny clothes

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What do these leftists want? I don't know! It's impossible to know! They're just using weird made up phrases like "don't let cops murder black people"! Totally incoherent!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: The Path to Glory

Ted Rall posted:

Center-right Democrats who support Joe Biden are telling left-leaning Democratic progressives that they should stop being “purity ponies” and support Joe Biden even though his politics are very different from theirs.

Tags: analogy, fascism, France, french resistance, Hitler, Joe Biden, Philip Petain, purity pony, Vichy France, World War II

First Dog on the Moon: Why aren't ASIO targeting the real threat to democracy - Antifa, the Greens and the ABC!

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Not sure Rall's analogy is "the for-real deal" (is Biden allied with Trump?) but I appreciate the historical reference anyway.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I struggled to find any source for “purity pony” that wasn’t at least a year old, and then I find this:

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_ted_rall/if_biden_loses_this_will_be_why

Turns out he’s been published by them for a while.

There are no good Ralls. This is what he is.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Not sure Rall's analogy is "the for-real deal" (is Biden allied with Trump?) but I appreciate the historical reference anyway.
Going by Rall's comments Biden is the Hitler in his analogy.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

I struggled to find any source for “purity pony” that wasn’t at least a year old, and then I find this:

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_ted_rall/if_biden_loses_this_will_be_why

Turns out he’s been published by them for a while.

There are no good Ralls. This is what he is.

Remember when this thread had a moratorium on pointing out that Rall was paid by Sputnik? Those were good times, I wonder if we can bring that rule back.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I mean...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

For someone whose worked as a cartoonist for almost three decades Rall is really bad at communicating his message.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Sep 25, 2020

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Whether you think rall is capable of ever being right or not, we can all agree he's an incompetent cartoonist on a craft level

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 25, 2020

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

World Famous W posted:

Whether you think rall is capable of ever being right or not, we can all agree he's an incompetent cartoonist on a craft level
This thread has disagreed on many things, but I can’t recall anyone praising Rall’s artwork.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/gifs_bot/status/1309513005965680641?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
To the right the idea that "black lives matter" is incoherent. AGC.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

HootTheOwl posted:

To the right the idea that "black lives matter" is incoherent. AGC.

Well remember now, they're still intent on NOT understanding the implied "as well" that falls after "black lives matter." So yeah they literally don't understand the fundamental concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

What?

quote:

AND YOU THOUGHT JEB BUSH WAS “LOW-ENERGY”
Everyone knows Joe Biden is not fit to be president. We’ve all seen him mumble in confusion during public appearances. He’s a gaffe machine. He’s a corrupt, career politician with dementia. Yet the Democrats and their lying mass media continue to pretend he’s perfectly fine—good ol’ Joe.

He sounded relatively sharp for his convention speech, but since then his behavior and speaking ability have been very questionable. I saw him make short speech during a recent and rare campaign appearance and he was barely audible. He fielded no questions. He can barely read a teleprompter correctly. On another occasion he blew up in anger when questioned about his son, Hunter. Uncontrollable anger is also a symptom of dementia.

For next week’s debate with Trump, I expect Sleepy Joe will be charged up with the same drug given to him ahead of his DNC speech. Probably meth, which apparently brightens the otherwise dimming lights of those suffering dementia.

Join the Fight against Fake News! Support Cartoons that shred the Democrat Narrative! Click to Donate

Given Biden’s condition, the Democrats need to drug him up. Their only other alternative is for him to contract some sudden illness—perhaps COVID 19. Or maybe the Democrats no longer care. Why cover up for Joe? Everyone is aware that Biden is not all there, but he doesn’t need to be for a Harris administration.

—Ben Garrison