Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is so stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

it had to be done

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I’m so glad bad reporter made it through his cancer. He regularly pulls a chuckle out of me.

Yeah, he's one of the few people posted here who I hope good things happen to.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I had forgotten how infuriatingly detached from reality loving right wing comics are.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Sandpuppy posted:

I really love the way Branco goes all out in depicting his metaphors.

The sheer amount of deliberate delusion is amazing. You actively have to work on being this dumb

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Vib Rib posted:

Are "looters" are the only group in that picture drawn as a black man? :cripes:
That or he's got some terrible skin tone color choices.

Looters and anarchists are also the only ones with dreadlocks. Far-left is also wearing a du-rag. It’s a real bad comic

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Korthal posted:

No. I will not discuss that Garrison.

Rest in "whatever fragments of your sanity you might have had left" Dees.
Rest in piss Dees

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Are "looters" are the only group in that picture drawn as a black man? :cripes:
That or he's got some terrible skin tone color choices.

It's important that the far-left and anarchists are portrayed as white people, otherwise we can't totally dismiss their investment in civil rights causes as an opportunistic platform for causing social unrest. Here's a video of protestors pushing someone who was breaking up cobblestones towards the cops. Please ignore the one where they flagged down police to deal with a looter, and cops jumped in to arrest the black store owner on instinct, not to mention the many, many videos of cops openly attacking protestors and press.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

there wolf posted:

It's important that the far-left and anarchists are portrayed as white people, otherwise we can't totally dismiss their investment in civil rights causes as an opportunistic platform for causing social unrest. Here's a video of protestors pushing someone who was breaking up cobblestones towards the cops. Please ignore the one where they flagged down police to deal with a looter, and cops jumped in to arrest the black store owner on instinct, not to mention the many, many videos of cops openly attacking protestors and press.

Not to mention that the cartoon is almost certainly inspired by the Bloods and the Crips declaring peace for the duration. "There's a reduction in gang violence - they must be plotting something!" :fuckoff:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Potato Salad posted:

I had forgotten how infuriatingly detached from reality loving right wing comics are.

I dunno, just look at how accurate this one is:

AGC.

(Payne is of course thinking it's a dig against the press, not against Trump, but seriously if the best defense you can do of Trump is that he's not the literal Beelzebub or that he only used tear gas for a photo op, not carpet bombing, yeah...)

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

hooman posted:

Rest in piss Dees

lol nice edit, I had to look it up to verify

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9LFmUVV0SY

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

God forbid that president of the united states should be fact checked.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ungulateman posted:

one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong...

If he had even made the third panel "maybe human activity is causing the climate to change" then at least he would have the defense that they're all things where you have to trust the judgement of people smarter than you. But no, he had to go with the one that can be easily verified by any layman watching the video.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
E: mistake

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Post poste posted:

Goddamn this is so much -A Black Lady - A Wyatt Man poo poo

Here's a thing I've been wondering about, does defunding the police do anything? Why yes, give them less money to buy stupid poo poo like APCs and rocket launchers, but to completely shut them down?
Wouldn't forcefully reforming the police be a better idea? Stricter training and evaluation of recruits, zero policy of bullshit and tell the union (for once unions can get hosed) to get hosed.

I don't get it but here's Bob.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

If he had even made the third panel "maybe human activity is causing the climate to change" then at least he would have the defense that they're all things where you have to trust the judgement of people smarter than you. But no, he had to go with the one that can be easily verified by any layman watching the video.

He's probably going to go with the "he said to inject it, not drink it" defense, which is very much missing the forrest for the trees

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Lodin posted:

Here's a thing I've been wondering about, does defunding the police do anything? Why yes, give them less money to buy stupid poo poo like APCs and rocket launchers, but to completely shut them down?
Wouldn't forcefully reforming the police be a better idea? Stricter training and evaluation of recruits, zero policy of bullshit and tell the union (for once unions can get hosed) to get hosed.

I don't get it but here's Bob.

About that training

https://twitter.com/fluff_weather/status/1269124019338403840?s=19

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ah, the "mild rebuke of stiiiiinky trump" before the storm of "b-b-but ALL lives matter" tears

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lodin posted:

That's a very complex question and varies by location. Virtually all people referring to "defunding the police" as shutting them down are really just using it as a slogan; they actually mean removing everyone involved in the current, specific apparatus from their positions and reorganizing into a new law enforcement entity, still the police in all but name, subject to different regulations. The specifics of what those regulations are varies massively- sometimes radically different, sometimes not. This isn't the right thread or time to get into all the complexities and nuances and caveats and problems of the subject- tempers are running too hot. Just the act of referring to the phrase as a slogan elicits pushback.

I will say that there's a problem with law enforcement in the US that goes beyond other countries (and no, it's not just racism, other countries have that too). There's a sort of parasitic web of organizations that have made an industry out of spreading "cop culture" between US police departments. National-scale reform, or individual department reform, has to include keeping that malevolent influence out of law enforcement. That's not easy because the constitution limits federal oversight of law enforcement at lower government levels, with good reason.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 6, 2020

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lodin posted:

It can help, but it's very difficult and there are limits to how much difference it can make. Northern Ireland is a good example; there's no question that the PSNI is vastly better than the unashamedly sectarian and brutal RUC that came before it, and the majority of groups there now accept it as a legitimate police force, but most of the actual people in it are the same people they always were. It doesn't help that almost anyone who wants to be a cop in the first place is going to skew at least somewhat authoritarian.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Would you say that the internet makes you stupid?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK government's face mask policy – Face coverings on public transport will be compulsory from 15 June in England"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Exclusive: hairdressers can open on June 15 for 'click and collect'

Independent:

'Revolting': Trump condemned for saying George Floyd is praising US economy; After Emanuel Leutze.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… face masks on public transport

Stephen Collins:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Somfin posted:

Holding a FLAT SCREEN TV no less

How many years has it been now since you could no longer find any other kind of TV to buy?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Even Death has had enough of the cops' poo poo.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

gently caress You, Branco.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gooooooooooooooo gently caress yourself!

Gaybies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy
Gaybies Nomination: Worst gaslighter cartoon

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Awkward but better than a good 90% of the poo poo in here

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Can someone put together a comic where it's aping that old Manifest Destiny painting but it's Justice walking with the rioters as cities burn

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

In these trying times i give you art from people who give a drat
https://twitter.com/WrenMcDonald/status/1269346814513295360?s=20

https://twitter.com/Psshaw/status/1268997513232728070?s=20

https://twitter.com/furbyrose/status/1268580428115566598?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

America stays afloatv when the red states stay underwater. A strange cartoon.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Sandpuppy posted:

I really love the way Branco goes all out in depicting his metaphors.

All the statements are true or truth adjacent...

... so agc?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gaybies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

1. Give me my green card.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

IT GOES TO THE VERY TOP
Left to Right-Top to Bottom

Obama, Soros, Brennan, James Comey, Rosenstein, Democrat Party, McCabe, Peter Strzok, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, James Clapper, Lisa Page, Schumer, Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Cohen, Eric Swalwell, Zuckerberg, Google, Don Lemon, Dianne Feinstein, Rachel Maddow.

Reminder, the Swamp is trying to distract you with the scamdemic and planned riots…

Lost amid the ongoing protests and riots was former assistant attorney general Rod Rosenstein’s testimony. He signed off on the FISA warrant that led to Mueller’s Russia witch hunt, but he never bothered to read the warrant—he merely rubber stamped it! This is typical of the politicization of our security agencies and justice system under Obama. He used his partisan operatives to help him illegally spy on Trump before and after Trump’s election.

This is treason and there should be consequences.

The lying fake news media did not and will not report on this. They remain focused on taking down Trump, whom they constantly smear as a ‘racist’ while extolling the (non existent) virtues of Obama.

Obama’s shadow government remains in place. The swamp fights to remain deep and powerful. It’s time to drain the swamp. LOCK THEM UP!

—Ben Garrison

quote:

Classic Original Art now Available- The Drain the Swamp Series Part 4 “Treason Swamp”

Invest in a piece of history from Ben Garrison, a world-renowned political cartoonist, by owning this once in a lifetime collectors item depicting American history.

ONLY ONE EXISTS IN THE WORLD.

RESERVE YOUR TREASON SWAMP ORIGINAL ART TODAY! CLICK TO VIEW

ALSO AVAILABLE AS A LIMITED EDITION LARGE SIGNED PRINT

Advertised as being “the top conservative political cartoonist” in the world, Ben Garrison presents, “Treason Swamp” Part 4 of the Drain the Swamp Series.

This is a special limited edition print–meaning Ben Garrison will sign it + number your print (and add any personalized notes you may choose)

ONLY 100 WILL EVER BE PRINTED. CLICK TO ORDER YOURS TODAY

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

If it's not treason, why do I keep insisting it is?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lol the police are gassing us in the streets and garrison doesn't have a word to say about it he made his name as an anti-cop libertarian

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Love that he hosed up the colouring on the Google dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BrotherJayne posted:

All the statements are true or truth adjacent...

... so agc?
Needs an elephant stabbing him in order to really capture the relationship between black Americans and the political parties.