Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Michael Moore fat is such a blast from the past!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No, it's never too late for you to flee across the border, Stantis. Need help packing?

Stantis moves to Canada and the only difference in the comic is that the characters are now hopping around the flat, featureless plains of Manitoba.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I thought about that cubist Calvin comic when I was at the Tabasco museum at their bottling plant and saw this display:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My Fox News watching conspiracy addled grandmother used to refer to Obama as "The big BO" does that count?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

They will remain the Gay Abortions, but they're colloquially known as "the Lesters".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Why Centrist Democrats Can't Get to Bernie Sanders

This is a good comic.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Feinne posted:

It goes without saying that Grate Britane will in fact still be complying with pretty much every EU rule they consider onerous because they will have to in order to sell into the EU.

They get to follow all the rules without having any input in creating the rules!

Also there is no actual solution to the Irish border problem.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

"Apple Pie Hubbub" posted:

Love that expression. I predict this to be the finest cartoon to come out of the corrupt clownshow of the Iowa caucuses.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I finally figured out what this comic reminds me of: all the "No! Not my butt!!" comics from the halcyon days of the Obamacare debate.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

wizzardstaff posted:

Ramirez knows that it was actually a woman in the front seat, but thinks it makes for a more sympathetic cartoon if it's a white man being aggrieved.

Ramirez pretty clearly had a guy behind him on a recent plane flight tapping the touchscreen behind Ramirez's head too much and too hard and he's getting his revenge by drawing the dude with the word DOOFUS on him. Getting petty revenge on people who have wronged you through your art is a universal artist thing, it knows no time period or political philosophy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 20, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also reminder that the Federal government could just mandate a minimum size for a seat on a plane tomorrow. It would take a little bit for the airlines to implement such a mandate, but this is an action the President could just *make happen* to improve our lives, no Congressional approval or long process necessary.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

cc Alhazred: It's this story. And yeah, I noticed how Ramirez turned the person in the front seat from a disabled woman to a Gerald too.

I'm familiar with the story, I'm saying Ramirez used "a thing happened" cartoon as a vehicle to draw someone who pissed them off in an unflattering way.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

How does anyone not be a taxpayer but follow a law abiding lifestyle? You would have to live on someone else's land somewhere in a state with no sales tax, not own a cell phone, never drive anywhere, never do any hunting and fishing that might require a permit, emerging only to sell your wood carvings for cash at the local Farmer's Market, buy salt and nails, and vote for Godless Democrats. I feel like even that very specific situation involves some sort of tax somehow.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 23, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I did it, I read all the First Dogs posted in this thread up until this point. They are good, but why oh why does anyone want to live in Australia? It seems like their only goal in life is to top the worst aspects of life in the US, and they succeed at every single instance. And it keeps happening!

Australia was populated by people who didn't want to be there and their descendants are hell-bent on preventing people who do want to be there from coming there because racism.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In this country we made up our own holiday for workers even though May Day was already a thing and we specifically renamed May Day "Loyalty Day"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Reusable bags can spread things like salmonella and e coli when people have certain foods in them and don't ever wash the bags.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bors reads the thread, he'll be happy about this post.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Okay it looks like that wasn't his last. Just the one that pissed off enough people. I like the complaint from Mallard Fillmore's target elderly audience that they dislike the new artist because the text is too small.

Yeah I'm always wondering where that false Ilhan Omar comic got Tinsley cancelled idea comes from as it has resurfaced multiple times in this thread. Is it just from here or was there a tweet or something?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah shouldn't the Garrison cartoon have a big strong Trump in the front passenger seat saying "Are you SURE you know where you're going??" to Fauci or something like that?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I thought masks were pointless if they don't cover your nose.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jedit posted:

Considering that the WW1 victory parades were a big cause of spreading Spanish flu in the US, this isn't perhaps the best-gauged cartoon.

Are you thinking of that parade in Philadelphia that caused it to be the worst hit city in the country?? That was a war bond drive stunt, not a victory parade. The Flu started when the war was still going on.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Conservative reopen protestors:

"It's almost like these evil Democrat governors have thrown us into some kind of cage, with no charges, for an unspecified period of time! With no legal recourse! No one should have that happen to them!!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Who do you think is the dumbest cartoonist? My vote is JRRose, which is why I'm always defending him.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm not entirely sure JRRose could pass the mirror test.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The idea that Germany was overpunished after WW1 is something of a Nazi apologist point of view, just FYI.

Even after the Armistice they kept the blockade going so tens of thousands of German kids and old people died of starvation and that was really lovely

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

How DARE the government try to fix this health problem with *reads from clipboard* ...money for doctors!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bors frequently has worse opinions than Rall and gets less flack for it itt

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Avirosb posted:

So he's a goon

Oh true

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

What about those “Africanized” bees

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Love this.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

English is this ridiculous Franco-German creole that has the super power of creoling with any of the world's languages. Its rules are made up and arbitrary. Its orthography is made up and arbitrary. Its vocabulary is anything you want. English is free, that's why it's so wonderful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Looking on foxnews.com right now the first three stories are about the evil *UNMASKING* of Michael Flynn and I have no idea what they're going on about but I'm guessing this is a Katyn/Khatyn situation.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Obama's presidency was the most scandal free in decades, absolutely. But the conservative press has thrown so much poorly substantiated muck around that they can't even remember their own made up bullshit so "Obamagate" is a good umbrella term for whatever. Like I bet the average Republican voter doesn't even remember a single thing about the Solyndra "scandal". Of course I do, because I hate life and myself.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There is no way that billionaires billionaires billionaires isn't a reference.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I was saying it was a reference to this comic. I don't know why it is, or how the new cartoonist knows the parody, but it's absolutely a reference. There's coincidences and there's coincidences.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

RoboRodent posted:

Mercedes and Portia are names, you dumb poo poo.

What is this my son Tom??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

When the Death Mountain is spewing ash and the sky is black and the lava floes are approaching our city and one person is saying "Let's get out of here" and the other is saying "This is all bullshit" there's no loving equivalency. It's not a political issue.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dees will always live on in my memory
Even though my memory is edited by the UN

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Post poste posted:

Goddamn this is so much -A Black Lady - A Wyatt Man poo poo

Lolling at this from Philadelphia where police supported white vigilante mobs roam with impunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006