Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Besesoth posted:

Search has failed us, so I'm scraping the old thread to get the nominations. Once I have that sorted, I'll fire up a Gaybies thread if no one else has gotten around to it.

Can we still nominate the traditional way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

The bitter irony is that the conservative who railed against the welfare state now needs it...and his wife was denied disability claims for him because he was still making cartoons. Cartoons that very clearly show degradation in his abilities, and he was still denied. And the darkest aspect is that he was only submitting cartoons because drawing was one of the few things that still made him happy. So Holbert I hope your wife’s suffering was worth it to keep those drat welfare queens at bay.

What a lovely thing to say about a cartoonist with JRRose lite opinions. Post the welfare queen cartoons, because all I've ever seen are Congress, dear reader, need I say more?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi6yGuvKv_E

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Why do I feel like I'm about to get a facefull of pocket sand

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

Rest of the comic is good but the figure second from the right sure is, uh, something.

Glad to check in and see goons still don't understand cartoons, a medium for children

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't get it, are you supposed to already have paid rent or bought a house before whatever job has written you a single check?

It's a joke about teenagers with messy rooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

When this was first published it was lauded itt as an indictment of the Republicans, but today it reads clearly as Obama was a sucker for even trying. Bennett's intent was definitely the former though