Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

E: Firing a gun bars you from heaven, AGC

Somfin fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I wonder how Garrison is gonna justify the current warmongering with Iran, given that the only achievement he could point to last year was "no new wars"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

It's kinda disappointing to see Marty Two Bulls jumping on the "reasonable republicans are fed up with Trump" bandwagon.

Every single part of right-wing ideology is built to allow and encourage you to hate every other member human being thing that exists, for various reasons.

Republicans are fed up with Trump but only because Republicans, by design, are simultaneously fed up with every other Republican. There are no alliances in that space, only mutual enemies.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Welcome to Decision 2060

Rall making sure he gets his "who cares I don't I'm deeper than y'all" cred established early this year

E: Looking forward to him ignoring the hell out of the Iran situation

Somfin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 3, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jagged Jim posted:

I wouldn't be to sure. The one time Garrison straight up rebuked Papa Trump was when he bombed that empty airfield in Syria. One of the only accomplishments he's been able to directly point to is "Did not start a war" and then he went and started one anyways. :lol:

Even then he didn't actually rebuke Trump, he was just disappointed that Trump didn't stand up to the Deep State enough

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

That Obama cartoon was the second Iran cartoon Garrison did this week. The first one was uh...

The Middle Eastern North Pole

Anyone got that "Boy! Stuff happens" comic?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

MrUnderbridge posted:

I'm glad he labeled the boot "USA", I doubt many people would recognize that flag.

Also glad that he 100% turbofucked the perspective on the ankle-foot-puddle situation in order to make sure that unnecessary label was shown.

Also he definitely did a quick google of what the underside of the standard US military boot looks like, because he got it close, and it does have a little dot right there where the label goes, so once again Garrison is quite good at doing details but utterly terrible at composition

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Murdoch press is just going with "everything is good and fine please stop complaining" for all issues now

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Electrochemistry: You should take another hit of coal, just to keep you going. You want to be a cool country, don't you?

Authority: Force the filthy pleb to shake your hand.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Laughing at the idea of Bernie saying "I was right all along." in response to someone having to do introspection.

Well, obviously Rall agrees with Bernie, so Bernie agrees with Rall in that explaining that you were right all along, even if you weren't, is a good thing for sane people to do

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Added bonus, that's the artist's self-insert doing the staking

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jesus Christ gently caress OFF STANTIS

Your loving president is throwing us into the next wave of the forever war right loving now SAY SOMETHING

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

No act by the United States will ever qualify as terrorism to Ramirez.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Connect This, Woo-Woos

Wow, someone is channeling some specific personal grievances

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Katt posted:

Teach me the dark arts. Teach me dammit!

You want to find an engine. Games have a lot of shite backend crap to deal with and an engine takes care of a lot of it for you- poo poo like file loading, rendering, building for other systems, etc. There are some decent html5 engines out there these days, and a lot of good game engines build for html5.

The Godot game engine is free, open source, and a solid place to get your feet wet with small projects. It's got its own Python-inspired scripting language but it's very standard stuff, and the node-based system is very good for making sure you've got good game structure. It's my go-to for jams these days.

Unity has very solid 2d support for making smallish stuff, but it's still a hefty 3d-oriented engine with a lot of history and bad decisions. They're currently pushing 2d hard and releasing a bunch of unfinished features and other dumb poo poo. Still a good option though.

Game Maker is good for really quick games, and Game Maker 2 is apparently great but it charges up front rather than taking a cut later, and it's pricey.

Unreal is massive and absurdly powerful and really modular and nice, but it's got poo poo all 2d / small game support.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

There is no greater display of patriotism than dying for your criminal president's vanity war.

Terry C Wise, cartoonist, argues that young people should be more patriotic than him

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Look at all those red lines Trump has to draw! Oh it's a Target? So the only way to be safe is to cross all of them?

kettling.jpg

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Gaybies Nomination: Most willfully dense

Love the implication that she wasn't a real royal lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yeah Rob Smith Jr. will always say that Obama actually has light skin colour and that his definitely real friend with dark(er) skin colour 100% agrees with him on it

He's super fuckin' specific about that wording as well

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Has Gorrell even been posted recently? I remember maybe he had a white noise thing with a newscaster at a desk around Christmas, but that might have been 2018.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

War Wizard posted:

That right-wing nut jobs expect the average person to think hunting bullies is somehow anything other than the just upcomings they so rightly deserve is very telling of their baseline "might makes right" philosophy.

"Scalps" could easily be renamed "loving losers"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jagged Jim posted:

Genuinely surprised he didn't give one of the "Arsonists" an "obviously Muslim" turban here. That's a surprising amount of restraint from Lester.

I also like that coloured hair has become such a common thing that he was able to give a character he likes a nice purple tone

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

True in practice. It's not like libertarians really care as long as they got their Juul.

I was in a Twitter argument with a libertarian for a bit- they genuinely don't understand the risk of inherited, generational wealth.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

Score one for the “Tina Garrison is Imaginary” camp.

Unfortunately, she has an actual website with art that matches her politoons

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

That cartoon was definitely drawn by a thirsty man though.

I'm getting more of a sense of her drawing it for him, on his request.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, is the worm actually turning on this

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Whep. Just saw a loving Stone Toss comic in the wild. A friend of a friend posted it in a group Discord channel. Guess I'm hopping off that poo poo.

Consider having a go at explaining it first, some folks actually don't know Stonetoss is a nazi

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

RodShaft posted:

Gaybies 5ever! Aren't these like just for us? Why should we change when everyone else sucks?

Because we suck too, and I've always felt like the name "gay abortions" was a touch edgelordy

The Sours or the Sickos would be fine. And, yeah, once Tinsley finally finishes what he's started I think the Tinsley Memorial Awards for Awful Political Cartooning would be a fitting tribute

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
The Mikeys, after Ramirez or Lester, pick one.

The Brucies, after Tinsley.

The Teddies, after Rall.

The Bennies, after Garrison.

The Tinas, after Norton-Garrison.

For older thread in-jokes, the Weathervane Awards, the Crack Bongs, or the Backpacks could work.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

If they keep saying it it'll come true right

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

there wolf posted:

'The Pissies' does have a certain ring.

I wish I could say this is wrong but it's not.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: When Bernie Met Liz, They Stopped Thinking Straight

He shouldn't admit to saying something he didn't say, Rall

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Gaybies Nomination: Loudest "oh, gently caress YOU" shouted at the screen

If they were more common, I'd recommend making a Best Void Fetus category, because they never cease to be some of the worst poo poo ever

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
"female and human rights" is pretty :stonk:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

They're gonna wake up and go to the polling booth and vote R anyway though

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bipartisan consensus. Right.

Exactly what loving channel has Rall been watching to make him think that's even possible anymore

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, old Garrison was very anti-authoritarian (but not in a good way) until Trump when all of a sudden strong daddy good.

Yeah, he was anti authoritarian in the sad, petty parking tickets-and-tax forms way, not in the actually tyrrany is bad way

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

5 months after taking office

I can't understand if this is saying that the global financial downturn was part of Obama's evil plan and wow look how fast it turned around, or if it's saying that he should have pulled the "economy" lever back toward "good" faster

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tag yourself I'm the left copy-pasted almost-sillhouette

The one just above the left copy-pasted hands-holding sign

The hands-holding sign that isn't clipping into its own words, over there, you see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Katt posted:

I get that some people don't want this but demonstrably most do.

Most people didn't want to leave once they knew the stakes and weren't being lied to anymore, but, given the options, most people correctly prefer public referendums be carried out, preferably by the people who put the question forward in the first place.

The alternative grants all governments the option of just holding more referendums forever to endlessly delay actually doing anything, or straight up ignoring explicit public will.