Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The only one of those Britoons that isn't a fine example of the craft is maybe the Rowson, but the others really are just solid pieces, and even that one is actually well-drawn.

Do no Yankees come close to that level of talent? We're just cursed with hacks, geeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love how sexist conservatives are. Ivanka at least puts up the semblance of being competent unlike the poo poo-flinger her brother is and yet they still would prefer him in power.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't feel like doing research, is Corbyn like leftism still prevailing in Labour or have centrist neo-liberals staged a comeback?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the abortion thinker is Michelle Williams but I haven't seen her speech so I don't know why

"I wouldn't have been able to do this without employing a woman's right to choose," she said. "To choose when to have my children, and with whom." From BBC. I figure that's the comment that's being taken into KILL ALL BABIES.

She also said women should vote in their self-interest because it's what men do and we can all see how well that turned out. I'm paraphrasing this last quote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Spiffster posted:

:vince: Holy gently caress don’t let this go unappreciated

What happened in 1488 that I'm missing... Sorry.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm glad not to have known that, but thank you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love how some talking points are, "Yeah it was bad what Trump did, but the Dems rushed it. Shouldn't have rushed it!"

Ignoring the obstruction to their fact-finding and general non-compliance, the Right makes it sound like they would've given the trial an actual fair chance had it been done properly, which is such bull-poo poo.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

the_steve posted:

It's an old Looney Tunes joke/reference, I think.

One of those "gently caress you, that's how" things that Bugs Bunny always manages to pull off when the bad guy is trying to get him.

It's a Charles Addams New Yorker comic. It's referenced a lot, particularly by the Brits for a while there.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

ah poo poo that's right, i forgot about witch hunts, the hunts conducted by witches

Wait what? That's not how they meant it was it? I thought it meant that people were looking for witches, which don't exist, thus the investigation accusing innocents of false crimes.

Because I'm totally capable of believing that's how it was used as misused as that it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

T-man posted:

it's a bad flu, more people will die from cancer or heart disease this year. It sucks that we're gonna have another stupid panic and the old, young, weak and immunocompromised are in danger but if we survived the black death, spanish flu, and capitalism this long it's pretty clear humanity is good at not dying out.

Don't forget the poor! How many people in the States aren't going to go the hospital because of costs, or worse run the risk of spreading or catching the disease because they can't or won't take sick days?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grape posted:

No high school kid has looked like that in 15 years.

I've got one, but he's got a thing going on. Honestly, 90's fashion is coming back, but only the girls in class have really picked it up. This one boy is the stand-out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Boy that dog sure looks happy and excited, to be doing something he wants to do, so very badly.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Personally I'm not seeing this one as subtle.

Gaybies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Race)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I read "party" as "parents". Still works.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I grew up with that and I didn't realize it until I started interacting with Southerners. It has its pluses and minuses.

I'm not convinced that it's so different than any other cosmopolitan city though.

The French certainly have far smaller personal bubble around them, but you'd be hard pressed to find a Parisian who'll deign to talk to you in any circumstance.

Definitely a mega-city thing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also why isn't retirement off the table?

We can only hope this brings back some plot aside from being a talking head to the comic. Then again Prickly City is the perfect counter point to this argument.

That could provide something to poke fun at.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Despite everything I like that crying Neil. It's kinda cute and sad. Poor lil' guy.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

FFT posted:

i decided to try to slog through the :words:

at this point First Dog is just an article with a veneer of political comic art, right? Not Necessarily a bad thing, but my eyes have been glazing over it for months.

When I actually read First Dog, which is not often, it's always very good, but it's never very inviting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I did it, I read all the First Dogs posted in this thread up until this point. They are good, but why oh why does anyone want to live in Australia? It seems like their only goal in life is to top the worst aspects of life in the US, and they succeed at every single instance. And it keeps happening!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Everything Garrison imagines Trump is going to do is good because Trump is America's strong daddy, everything Trump actually does is bad because the government is doing things.

The first rant there did seem to condemn Trump a bit:

"The problem with government power grabs during any crisis is they seldom relinquish such power later on. Government only grows—it never contracts. Even Trump is going along with the farce. Some say the virus hysteria was done on purpose so our president and military can remove the entrenched satanists and pedophiles at the top of the pyramid, but that strikes me as mere wishful thinking. Instead it’s all about controlling the citizen cattle still further. They always say it’s a ‘war’ on this or that."

I think Garrison's starting to see what's what?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I know we say this a lot but they are so bad at this. THE HARE LOST!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

That’s just the dumb NPC meme.

It looks like the old Macintosh Finder logo from the mid-90's. It's the computer we had at home, though I forget what it's called.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

An insane mind posted:

The clapping for careworkers is such a blatant 'oh god we really need you but don't want to pay or protect you accordingly' thing by the government. Because now when a nurse/doctor/first responder opens their mouth to complain about the abysmal state of things they are immediately being ungrateful because; wow you got applause from people stuck at home how can you be so selfish during a crisis.

Not to undermine their experiences, but I'm feeling the same thing as a teacher. People are realizing just what it is to educate a youth and are like "Oh wow, maybe that job is kinda valuable and necessary," but I highly doubt that'll lead to anything and we'll go back to "They have no right to complain, they have so much free time and vacation!"

Which is doubly annoying because it's been a pain in the rear end figuring out how to continue teaching despite the distance and, what do you know, we loving figured something out, no thanks to the Minister of Education (this is from my experience as a teacher in France, but I get the impression my American friends are going through something similar, though their education system is far more decentralized.)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jedit posted:

While that's not a bad Snake Plissken, I must raise the point that Snake's tattoo wasn't on his arm. It was on his stomach.

We just watched this again the other night and that line just kills my partner. I nearly had to pause it. His reading of it is just perfect.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

E-Tank posted:

In nazi political cartooning news, Andy Ngo has a *new* Banner for his twitter account, made by our favorite nazi artist, the tosser of stones.

https://twitter.com/LCRWnews/status/1244800184527142912

To the surprise of literally no one who pays any attention, Andy Ngo is a loving nazi.

I know I don't want to know, but who's Andy Ngo? And what the gently caress is a kill-list and that website?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ugh this loving world.

Thank you. It's important to stay informed.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not to be crass, because I want her to stay alive just like anyone else, but honestly the Democrats would just pull the same play that the Republicans did with Merrick Garland. Now that, that Pandora's Box is open that's just what life is going to be like.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That pretty much sums up being a teacher on summer vacation to some degree for me. It's not an altogether unpleasant state of affairs.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I guess the rich dude is selling these things, because showing the hydroxychloroquine as an aide is dubious at best.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Liberals' Wishful Thinking about Joe Biden

He didn't have to give the Narwhal a wing, but he did and wow.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sheep-dodger posted:

I've been looking for the Nib cartoon that has some democratic consultants create a candidate that's just the barest smidge to the left of Trump in order to draw all the votes to trump's left before he inevitably loses because he's a monster and nobody votes for him, but I can't remember who drew it. Could someone help me out?

It's a Tom the Dancing Bug comic/Ruben Bolling. I can't find it but I'll keep looking, FOUND IT it's been re-posted in recent memory a couple of times too for obvious reasons.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Stop The Pandemic, I Want To Get Off"

This is one of the best titles he's had in a while.

Why does there have to be feminine-coded toilet paper person with breasts? Come on!

Why a bat?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Darthemed posted:

There are conspiracy theories about Chinese bats spreading the virus.

:doh:

I forgot about that, it feels like a year.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Britt's hyperbole is getting tiresome, but I suppose there's just nothing one can do about it considering the situation.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's more depicting his supporters as so crazy, illiterate, and toothless idiots, which I'm sure make a part of his support, but the truth is far more insidious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A lot of people get on Biden about dementia, and I know he says weird stuff and just kinda rambles but does he really have dementia?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fishman is no Tinsley. His latest "lol college kids" is pretty mild and not even filled with that much hate? He has an Asay-like ability, though in no way as clearly mastered, to make everyone happy since the comic can be read both ways.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

it's great because it hits like 4 different specific webcomics of that era. i wonder if there's some sort of underlying diagnosable mental condition

4? I can only think of the one about evolution who fell to a pyramid scheme about some sort of water?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i can't remember the name of it but that's one, by hapajap. and then there's sinfest and sore thumbs. i actually can't think of a fourth but i'm sure someone else can chime in

Sore Thumbs... that sounds like something

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So is Branco agreeing that Kavanaugh is also a rapist? Because wow.

I dont know posted:

Just in case anyone here hasn't seen it before.

So you think Palin is an idiot for not believing in evolution. How about I babble incoherently about Yu-Gi-Oh? Who's an idiot now.:smug:

Every time I see this I try SO hard to understand this point of view and it genuinely makes no loving sense. There is no way to understand the "limited" fossil record as proof of no evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He shouldn't besmirch the noble Pangolin so. They didn't ask for this, and don't deserve to be Trump's hair by association.